Media Twaddle

Dave

An agreeable piece from .com:

Media twaddle:

Clamour my arse

Wall-to-wall twaddle about a groundswell of opinion over a certain sheet metalworker's son from Gosforth sticks in our throat somewhat - based as it is on what seems to be no more than hot air and presumption.

Our friends from Sky invoke their favourite blues player Muddy Waters with their obtuse and garbled coverage:

1. Thursday: "Sam took training today" - a statement made against a backdrop of footage from a training session, with the intention being to suggest that it was current.

Look at little closer though and the cracks start to appear - like the presence of Joey Barton and players now off to the African Nations Cup.

2. Teenage tosspots full of blue pop, asked twice to perform a "Shearer, Shearer" chant for the cameras outside the Britannia Stadium before kick-off on Sunday.

Said footage is now being presented as documentary evidence of "The Geordie Nation" backing Shearer to take over at SJP.

You're having a laugh? Whoever told you he'd passed all of his badges was talking nonsense. just ask Tommy Craig and the SFA - we did

The Mail are no better: "As Newcastle fans continue to demand Alan Shearer as their new manager" they wrote on Friday. How and when? Have they been round your house?

3. The attempt on Wednesday to mislead all and sundry about the Newcastle managerial situation with quotes presented as being live about Sam being dismissed without his knowledge.

4. David Craig interviewing the man with forked tongue from The Chronicle outside the ground - this is the Self Preservation society....giving each other cosy stories.

PS - Here's a message for Steve Bruce, Phil Brown, David Moyes, Paul Jewell, Alan Curbishley and anyone else who succumbed to the lure of the Sky microphone waved under their noses on Thursday:

Shut your yap. You don't know what you're talking about - try concentrating your efforts on the dung heaps you claim to be in control of....

PPS - Did anyone else notice Jim White suddenly appear in the SkySports News studio at 6pm on Wednesday - just like the shopkeeper on Mr Benn. Yet again, as if by magic, the gobsh*te appears when Newcastle hit the headlines. Uncanny.

Fucking yes.

Isn't it amazing how Newcastle fans are supposedly deluded about our own importance yet this is the level of frenzy in the media.

Spot on.

The most amazing thing is that people actually buy into it.

Not sure if they (the fans) can be blamed tho, I'm assuming a rather large portion of the fans have only those papers (meaning: not teh intarweb) as their source for news about the club.

So true, I've been listening to a particular load of toss from TalkSport the last couple of nights... every London broadcaster with an IQ of 17 seems to have a deep insight into the thinking of Newcastle fans.

Funny how they talk about us for hours on end only to conclude we aren't worth talking about.

MY mate was reading the Star yesterday at work and was telling me about the artcile Brian Woolnough wrote about the situation.  Wooly said we have brought british football down to a new pit of shame and NUFC is run by mob rule.

I've been looking for the artcile on line but cant find it.  Its garunteed to boil your piss apparently.

Guest elbee909

MY mate was reading the Star yesterday at work and was telling me about the artcile Brian Woolnough wrote about the situation.  Wooly said we have brought british football down to a new pit of shame and NUFC is run by mob rule.

I've been looking for the artcile on line but cant find it.  Its garunteed to boil your piss apparently.

The southern media aren't in touch with Newcastle's fan base in the way they are with the London based teams.  They're just using the situation to reinforce whatever stereotypes they want to keep.  Never heard this stuff about Spurs, did we?

Woolnough can fuck off, he looks like an extra from Prisoner Cell Block H.  And not one of the bloke ones.

Utter cunt at the bottom of the inside back page of the metro today, all the usual cliches about unrealistic expectation, we've never won fuck all, QPR and Sunderland have won stuff more recently than us, we're all deluded, we don't want to win ugly because that's not good enough for us, haha silly northerners.

Utter c*** at the bottom of the inside back page of the metro today, all the usual cliches about unrealistic expectation, we've never won f*** all, QPR and Sunderland have won stuff more recently than us, we're all deluded, we don't want to win ugly because that's not good enough for us, haha silly northerners.

yeah, i read that. pissed me off on the way into work this morning. the usual regurgitated garbage from a hack who's level of knowledge is based on reading other newspapers and not going around talking to people are getting his own opinion

Guest jimmy1982

One of the tings that has been bugging me about the media coverage of all this hoo-ha is that they keep calling us a "mad house" and saying the Toon job is impossible and we've sacked too many managers in 10 years and blah blah blah. They are totally missing an imortant point - the club as it is now bears almost no resemblance to the club it has been over the ten years before Ashley took over. We've got a new owner, new chairman, a whole new administration and zero debt. The place we play in and the supporters are the same but they had nowt to do with Allardyce getting sacked. So what happened in the Sheperd and Hall regime is irrelevant. The whole Toon Flying Circus has been a convenient public image for the papers to perpetuate over recent years, and they clearly want to keep it alive and well even though it simly doesn't apply anymore. The dafties appearing on Sky Sports News and Radio 5 live every half hour aren't doing us any favours either mind.

From the time Ashley and Mort took over they seemed to want to do things differently form the previous administration. The fact is that Allardyce wasn't Ashley's man, he gave him some time to see what he could do, didn't like what he saw after half a season, decided enough was enough and got rid.

Isn't it curious how we've not heard anything about Chelsea fans giving their manager the "you don't know what you're doing" cries?

I've said numerous times before that I'd ban all newspapers who print this shite from the ground.