Ashley has failed Newcastle United.

Parky

For me next season is when i`ll start judging them.

The timelines are crossed. The past and the future make the present. There is a song in the forest the same you remember as a child.....Dreams within dreams... ..there is another between consciousness and illusion...Darkness lies ahead.

Pass it round, I could do with a drag on that.

Doug.

For me next season is when i`ll start judging them.

The timelines are crossed. The past and the future make the present. There is a song in the forest the same you remember as a child.....Dreams within dreams... ..there is another between consciousness and illusion...Darkness lies ahead.

Pass it round, I could do with a drag on that.

Doug.

:razz:

and I'd just like to add: fuck Fat Fred and all his minions.

indeed. Having demonstrated how to take a team from the old 2nd division and qualify for europe regularly, lets all just ignore it.

NM I think you are too hasty to write off KK as a manager. You seem to have taken the press line lock stock and barrel that he is destined to fail without giving him any chance at all.

He has only just got his feet under the table FFS.

You make the massive assumption that Ashley has took counsel with some lads at the match in his appointment of KK (another journo line, that one).

Get behind the club man, anyone can sling shit, its dead easy, especially when the press are loading up the bullets for you to fire at your own side.

Doug.

I love KK, he's a legend. But i also try to look at things rationally, and i genuinely can't see the raitonale for his appointment, other than as a sop to the fans anger/chanting for Shearer.

I AM behind the club, but i do not feel that necessitates blind loyalty - it woudl do the club, staff, players and ourselves a massive diservice if we were to act that everything was perfect and great no matter what the reality. We're better than that, and we deserve honesty.

NM I think you are too hasty to write off KK as a manager. You seem to have taken the press line lock stock and barrel that he is destined to fail without giving him any chance at all.

You make the massive assumption that Ashley has took counsel with some lads at the match in his appointment of KK (another journo line, that one).

Get behind the club man, anyone can sling s***, its dead easy, especially when the press are loading up the bullets for you to fire at your own side.

Doug.

I love KK, he's a legend. But i also try to look at things rationally, and i genuinely can't see the raitonale for his appointment, other than as a sop to the fans anger/chanting for Shearer.

I AM behind the club, but i do not feel that necessitates blind loyalty - it woudl do the club, staff, players and ourselves a massive diservice if we were to act that everything was perfect and great no matter what the reality. We're better than that, and we deserve honesty.

Its a good job your putting the boot in to the board and manager then to stop the rest of us thinking everything is perfect and great.

Doug.

Get behind the club man, anyone can sling s***, its dead easy, especially when the press are loading up the bullets for you to fire at your own side.

Doug.

Its a good job your putting the boot in to the board and manager then to stop the rest of us thinking everything is perfect and great.

Doug.

ooh, sarcasm. Well done.

Guest Knightrider

Positives outweigh the negatives but they have to start learning and quickly and where Ashley is concerned, despite shelling out over 200m already, he now needs to back HIS man with cold hard cash and lots of it on players, which I'm sure he will do. I think the future is exciting if not a little terrifying, but that beats sheer desperation and zero hope which is how I felt under the old board/management.

There is no immature unthinking hatred from me towards them, i'm impressed with a lot they have done, they just clearly know less about this football club than i do and i was able to see very clearly that the most pressing issue facing the team was the quality of the players on the pitch.

They decided that the best thing to do was pay debts off (someone mentioned yesterday that a clause was invoked - perhaps the change of ownership spraked a clause as large scale debt is lot to do with personal relationships and trust). What they should have been doing was getting someone with better technical ability in with pace and an eye for goal for the midfield, a striker with pace and strength and maybe a right winger. Their failure to spot this may cost us our premiership status.

I dont think Keegan should be held responsible in the slightest, i think its a bit stupid to think he could waltz into the job with 2 weeks of a Jan transfer window to go and know what was needed. His failure to act is understandable (he did try to sign some players tbf), the people who put him in that position are more accountable for this.

Allardyce as manager made decisions on who came in and who went out, unless you know different, something which I haven't seen suggested anywhere but on here.

Allardyce chose to bring in Smith and Barton and still could have bought more players as it was said right up to the window that we had money to spend.  It’s not up to the chairman or owner to identify who goes and who comes in, even if it has happened here in the recent past.

The first debt repayment came in mid August, that was for £30 million, the rest was paid off later, when the transfer window had closed so had nothing to do with how much was spent.

There is no immature unthinking hatred from me towards them, i'm impressed with a lot they have done, they just clearly know less about this football club than i do and i was able to see very clearly that the most pressing issue facing the team was the quality of the players on the pitch.

They decided that the best thing to do was pay debts off (someone mentioned yesterday that a clause was invoked - perhaps the change of ownership spraked a clause as large scale debt is lot to do with personal relationships and trust). What they should have been doing was getting someone with better technical ability in with pace and an eye for goal for the midfield, a striker with pace and strength and maybe a right winger. Their failure to spot this may cost us our premiership status.

I dont think Keegan should be held responsible in the slightest, i think its a bit stupid to think he could waltz into the job with 2 weeks of a Jan transfer window to go and know what was needed. His failure to act is understandable (he did try to sign some players tbf), the people who put him in that position are more accountable for this.

Allardyce as manager made decisions on who came in and who went out, unless you know different, something which I haven't seen suggested anywhere but on here.

Allardyce chose to bring in Smith and Barton and still could have bought more players as it was said right up to the window that we had money to spend.  It’s not up to the chairman or owner to identify who goes and who comes in, even if it has happened here in the recent past.

The first debt repayment came in mid August, that was for £30 million, the rest was paid off later, when the transfer window had closed so had nothing to do with how much was spent.

not really meaning to demean Ashley, but it makes me smile when people make out he's gave away the money he's paid to finish the debt, mainly because of the stadium expansion.

He's added massively to the value of his investment, is what he's done.

Priority in football is the team on the field though, as it always has been.

What I remember about Allardyce last summer, is saying how he never had the support he expected and also elsewhere saying he had expected more money before the change of ownership.

Who wants to get relegated but have a paid up stadium.

So if we down it will be allardyce's fault? Aye right.

Manchester City paid slightly less than £13m for Elano and Petrov.

We paid slightly less than £12m for Barton and Smith.

You've got to admit he is at least partly to blame.

not really meaning to demean Ashley, but it makes me smile when people make out he's gave away the money he's paid to finish the debt, mainly because of the stadium expansion.

He's added massively to the value of his investment, is what he's done.

Priority in football is the team on the field though, as it always has been.

What I remember about Allardyce last summer, is saying how he never had the support he expected and also elsewhere saying he had expected more money before the change of ownership.

Who wants to get relegated but have a paid up stadium.

he hasn't added massivly to the value of his investment,his investment is only worth what someone will pay for it,which is probably less now than when he bought it.

as he says NUFC don't owe anyone a bean.......plenty other clubs have been taken over and left still with debt on the books. if ashley walked away tomorrow we'd be debt free wouldn't we ?

he's omnly added to the value in that he's paid more out he's spent about £250mill to make how much profit ?

Question was aimed at mick. The failure to rectify signings that have not worked out is a big mis-judgement.

Who made the mistakes?

It's up to the manager to rectify the signings that have not worked, the signings which Allardyce made so yes if we go down Allardyce should take a large proportion of the blame, but not all.

Question was aimed at mick. The failure to rectify signings that have not worked out is a big mis-judgement.

Who made the mistakes?

It's up to the manager to rectify the signings that have not worked, the signings which Allardyce made so yes if we go down Allardyce should take a large proportion of the blame, but not all.

Quite. Some blame must be levelled at the man who appointed him. If we go down.

If we don't go down we'll all be able to look forward this summer.

Who made the mistakes?

It's up to the manager to rectify the signings that have not worked , the signings which Allardyce made so yes if we go down Allardyce should take a large proportion of the blame, but not all.

with his own money  bluelaugh.gif

Who made the mistakes?

you can't blame the Halls and Shepherd for Ashley not backing his manager, last summer and last month.

I've heard everything now  :cheesy:

with his own money  bluelaugh.gif

Why?  Do you think he wasn't given money to spend?

he hasn't rectified the problems, as you said.

You should be in batman films, you're the riddler and the joker at the same time without realising it

Anything Shepherd does is crap, anything Ashley does is beyond criticism.

What a guy  mackems.gif

Who made the mistakes?

you can't blame the Halls and Shepherd for Ashley not backing his manager, last summer and last month.

I've heard everything now  :cheesy:

As I've said, Allardyce bought Barton and Smith, others bought Elano and Petrov for a little more. That showed very poor judgment by a manager who had been appointed by the previous chairman. Ashley's mistake was not to go with his judgement right away, something he admits. Allardyce is simply the last in a series of mistakes of various magnitudes made by the previous chairman.

Blaming Ashley for our current predicament and ignoring the previous five years?

I've heard everything now.