Ashley has failed Newcastle United.

Parky

I for one won't be blaming Keegan if we go down. The seeds were sown last summer, Allardyce is the first manager to complain about lack of backing from his board since, eeeerrrr......before the Halls and Shepherd, in fact. Or Keegan, from Sir John Hall, when he walked out after the swindon game.

I agree with your comment above ie that he wouldn't have taken the job if he hadn't been shown ambition, but we will see in time how much will be shown when it comes to the crunch. Lets hope this is right, but if we go down it won't be much good. He'll have to get us straight back, and thats a year wasted at least.

They have to at least equal those champions league finishes, in my eyes. They have to meet the challenge of their time, there is no way out of this comparsion. I'm not bothered in the slightest if they are "good blokes" at all, I couldn't give a toss I just want a winning football team.

If you will not be blaming Keegan who will you blame?

You mention Allardyce complaining about the "lack of backing," I'm sure he said they weren't acting quickly enough, he also later thanked Ashley and or Mort for allowing him to spend the most money he'd ever had in 1 window, did you forget that?

I wonder how Roeder felt when he was allowed to spend less than Allardyce and Roeders spending was over a longer period of time?

I would hope that Allardyce did have more to spend than he had a club like Bolton. I realise you will totally ignore the fact that clubs such as Fulham and many others had more money to spend than we did on account of the increased sky money ie we didn't capitalise on our fanbase to act more ambitiously than clubs such as Fulham, indeed we were one of the lowest spenders last summer.

Still, as we didn't buy any of these despicable "trophy" signings, we should have put together a good "team", now that the fat bastard has gone and stopped backing managers to buy these "trophy" signings, the sort of players the top 4 buy, and no doubt Keegan would like to have. I suspect that if he gets one or two through the door, they won't be "trophy" signings anymore.

How moronic can you get.

The last board BTW, proved their ambition many times over. If Roeder was told there wasn't any more money, then there wasn't any more money. Slightly ironic and hypocritical coming from someone like you latched onto the idea that the club spent money they didn't have, and are now saying they should have spent money they didn't have.

I suspect this will not get a reply, just like all the others, that would demand you can't slate the board who attracted people back to the club when they took over, and gave us more in 15 years than all the previous boards had done in the previous 35.

We're essentially talking about sacking a manager at the wrong time imo (transfer window) and bringing in a man who has been out of the game completely for quite some time, who consequently decided against refreshing the first team .

Fixing your post that way I completely agree with you. I can't see why Keegan would come in the first place if he was told he wasn't going to be backed.

I for one won't be blaming Keegan if we go down. The seeds were sown last summer, Allardyce is the first manager to complain about lack of backing from his board since, eeeerrrr......before the Halls and Shepherd, in fact. Or Keegan, from Sir John Hall, when he walked out after the swindon game.

I agree with your comment above ie that he wouldn't have taken the job if he hadn't been shown ambition, but we will see in time how much will be shown when it comes to the crunch. Lets hope this is right, but if we go down it won't be much good. He'll have to get us straight back, and thats a year wasted at least.

They have to at least equal those champions league finishes, in my eyes. They have to meet the challenge of their time, there is no way out of this comparsion. I'm not bothered in the slightest if they are "good blokes" at all, I couldn't give a toss I just want a winning football team.

There's a Freddie Shepherd appreciation website, you should post there. www.fatbastard.com 

silly comment, considering that the minute Hall and Shepherd have gone, we are facing our biggest relegation fight since before they took over the club. Whats your opinion on that ? I suspect you don't know what you are talking about here BTW and think I'm making things up  :clap:

Dear me. Either come up with some proper debate Tron, or don't bother posting at all. Cheers.

A debate requires people willing to discuss both sides of the view, not avoid questions you can't answer then keep advertising your own.

Dear me. Either come up with some proper debate Tron, or don't bother posting at all. Cheers.

A debate requires people willing to discuss both sides of the view, not avoid questions you can't answer then keep advertising your own.

That's fair enough, but there's no need for the insults. It's just petty and doesn't paint you in a good light.

Anyway, each to their own. :dontknow: If you want to get into a slagging match though, please do it via PM rather than on the forum.

I would hope that Allardyce did have more to spend than he had a club like Bolton. I realise you will totally ignore the fact that clubs such as Fulham and many others had more money to spend than we did on account of the increased sky money ie we didn't capitalise on our fanbase to act more ambitiously than clubs such as Fulham, indeed we were one of the lowest spenders last summer.

Still, as we didn't buy any of these despicable "trophy" signings, we should have put together a good "team", now that the fat b****** has gone and stopped backing managers to buy these "trophy" signings, the sort of players the top 4 buy, and no doubt Keegan would like to have. I suspect that if he gets one or two through the door, they won't be "trophy" signings anymore.

How moronic can you get.

The last board BTW, proved their ambition many times over. If Roeder was told there wasn't any more money, then there wasn't any more money. Slightly ironic and hypocritical coming from someone like you latched onto the idea that the club spent money they didn't have, and are now saying they should have spent money they didn't have.

I suspect this will not get a reply, just like all the others, that would demand you can't slate the board who attracted people back to the club when they took over, and gave us more in 15 years than all the previous boards had done in the previous 35.

What other questions have I not answered?

Was it you that asked me who I would blame if things turn to shite under Keegan?  No, it was me who asked you wasn't it?

Anyway back to the points which you have actually bothered to come up with.

As for Fulham outspending us, try this http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=48415.msg1206382#msg1206382.  Fulham have outspent us 3 times in the last 5 years, Ashley has only been here a few months and both Keegan and Allardyce both had money left to spend at the end of the transfer windows.

The last board showed their ambition when they appointed Souness and Roeder, it's not all about spending.

That's fair enough, but there's no need for the insults. It's just petty and doesn't paint you in a good light.

Anyway, each to their own. :dontknow: If you want to get into a slagging match though, please do it via PM rather than on the forum.

I don't want to get inot a slanging match which is why I said fuck off. If saying that is wrong in the context it was said,  then you should maybe re-consider your signature.

Well I din't simply want to tell him to fuck off. I also pointed out that he'd been answered many times before on those specific points.

I don't want to get inot a slanging match which is why I said fuck off. If saying that is wrong in the context it was said,  then you should maybe re-consider your signature.

*Dave's hand twitches over the red button*  :lol:

If you want to apportion blame about the current plight of the club you need to look at way in which the club has been in steady decline for about 5 years as well as looking at the current regime, who haven't exactly looked like they know what they're doing either.

Guest Slippery Sam

If we go down it is Mort and Ashley's fault no one else's. Discuss.

Rubbish.

The fault is the man who employed Souness followed by Roeder followed by Allardyce.  If Shepherd had employed a top European manager after Robson, to take over an excellent group of players, we would have moved forward and upwards. Instead, Souness was given the job.

Rubbish.

The fault is the man who employed Souness followed by Roeder followed by Allardyce.  If Shepherd had employed a top European manager after Robson, to take over an excellent group of players, we would have moved forward and upwards. Instead, Souness was given the job.

Got any VHS on the cheap mate?  ;)

Rubbish.

Ashley and Mort would have to take some responsibility if we go down. Ashley bought the club in the summer and it was his decision to keep Allardyce on and then not give him much financial backing. This was despite the fact that many clubs around us were investing more heavily. It was also Ashley/Mort's decision to adopt a cautious approach in the transfer market so that players were sold before players came in resulting in transfer targets being missed. It was Ashley/Mort's decision to sack the manager despite not having a replacement lined up. And when their first choice turned them down it was their decision to take the risk of appointing a manager who hadn't managed a club for 3 years. And it was their decision to do this in a transfer window at a time when the club was not mathematically safe from relegation.

Whatever anyone may think of those decisions Ashley and Mort have to held responsible for the consequences of making them. 

If we don't go down, Ashley spends millions, his chosen manager buys fantastic players and we charge up the Premier next season it will be all credit to Ashley and Mort. Discuss.