Ashley has failed Newcastle United.

Parky

Bit daft bringing up Luque considering the embarrassing defence of Alan Smith tbh.

Fredbob brought up Luque Dave, not me.

Standby the comment that Smith was good before his injury, same as Duff and Owen. Time will tell. Trend continued with Viduka and Barton too ie players who were good elsewhere but not here, so far.  All good players once. Johnny Averages like Geremi and Cacapa to supplement them don't help matters, still thats the standards that were set out by the new chairman who said they were "good business".

Smith and Duff should be given a chance because of what they did for other clubs, yet you dismissed those who pointed out Luque was good for another club. And Geremi and Cacapa are now dismissed despite what they did for other clubs.

Spot the double standards. :iamatwat:

not in the slightest.

I made a judgement of Luque the first time I saw him.

I judged him to be a waste of time and money.

It depends what you look for in players

And plenty of others did exactly the same with Smith. Funny how you've gone quiet on that front.

No surprise to see you attribute the failures of Cacapa (multiple league title winner) and Geremi (multiple league title winner) to the new board and this imaginary policy btw. Fucking incredible.

But we're digressing. Carry on.

Cacapa and Geremi are over the hill tho Dave (both free iirc). Past success in football doesn't guarantee future success. As you/Baggy point out with Smith.

We had to pay Geremi a £2 million signing on fee to cover his drop in wages because Allardyce rated him so highly, I don't remember anyone saying he was over the hill back when we signed him either.

SBR did phone the club to tell them his legs had gawn.

Like Solano's presumably.

Bit daft bringing up Luque considering the embarrassing defence of Alan Smith tbh.

Standby the comment that Smith was good before his injury, same as Duff and Owen. Time will tell. Trend continued with Viduka and Barton too ie players who were good elsewhere but not here, so far.  All good players once. Johnny Averages like Geremi and Cacapa to supplement them don't help matters, still thats the standards that were set out by the new chairman who said they were "good business".

Smith and Duff should be given a chance because of what they did for other clubs, yet you dismissed those who pointed out Luque was good for another club. And Geremi and Cacapa are now dismissed despite what they did for other clubs.

not in the slightest.

And plenty of others did exactly the same with Smith. Funny how you've gone quiet on that front.

No surprise to see you attribute the failures of Cacapa (multiple league title winner) and Geremi (multiple league title winner) to the new board and this imaginary policy btw. Fucking incredible.

Cacapa and Geremi are over the hill tho Dave (both free iirc). Past success in football doesn't guarantee future success. As you/Baggy point out with Smith.

We had to pay Geremi a £2 million signing on fee to cover his drop in wages because Allardyce rated him so highly, I don't remember anyone saying he was over the hill back when we signed him either.

SBR did phone the club to tell them his legs had gawn.

"Naturally, I was alarmed to read that Newcastle wanted to sign Geremi. I passed on my information to someone at the club (this was before Mike Ashley took over) but Geremi still ended up signing. In fact, Sam made him captain."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/columnists/columnists.html?in_article_id=507925&in_page_id=1951&ito=newsnow

I passed on my information to someone at the club (this was before Mike Ashley took over) but Geremi still ended up signing."

Bobby clearly lying there like. Shame on him.

if, on the other hand, you are paying out more than you have coming in,building up more debt can be ruinous.

It only goes up to 2006, but how are these clubs still in operation with year on year losses?

Villa

Blackburn

Everton

Man City

Boro   :kasper:

keep going like that and thay wont be in operation

Did you even look at 'boro?

Losses for 12 out of 13 years. Total losses of about £150m. I just wish Delima was around to say how great they are.

maybe, in line with his signature, he should show us some links to the gross mismanagement of the smoggies by the great Steve Gibson then  :lol:

i'd like to see if their accounts show they are about £150 million in debt.....and who to ?

I have to say I was surprised and can't quite believe myself, but that site does look like it knows what it's talking about (it's accurate about our figures), so I don't think it's just making it up.

i'd be very surprised if gibson wasn't the major creditor with the banks much lesser so. like a chelsea with smaller numbers.

He must know he's unlikely to ever get it back either, fair play to the bloke though as he clearly does it for the love of the club.

I love Baggio's and madras's study in ignoring the links, the figures and the implications of UV's post. Its like they arent even there.

Nice find UV  O0

if, on the other hand, you are paying out more than you have coming in,building up more debt can be ruinous.

It only goes up to 2006, but how are these clubs still in operation with year on year losses?

Villa

Blackburn

Everton

Man City

Losses for 12 out of 13 years. Total losses of about £150m. I just wish Delima was around to say how great they are.

maybe, in line with his signature, he should show us some links to the gross mismanagement of the smoggies by the great Steve Gibson then  :lol:

i'd like to see if their accounts show they are about £150 million in debt.....and who to ?

I have to say I was surprised and can't quite believe myself, but that site does look like it knows what it's talking about (it's accurate about our figures), so I don't think it's just making it up.

i'd be very surprised if gibson wasn't the major creditor with the banks much lesser so. like a chelsea with smaller numbers.

He must know he's unlikely to ever get it back either, fair play to the bloke though as he clearly does it for the love of the club.

I love Baggio's and madras's study in ignoring the links, the figures and the implications of UV's post. Its like they arent even there.

Nice find UV  O0

My only comments were to say that people shouldn't knock Gibson as he's single handedly bankrolled Boro for years.

I could have pointed out how Man City were broke when Shiniwatra took them over and most of the money they got for SWP went to covering debts, or how Blackburn had a trust fund set up by Jack Walker to carry on supporting the club after he died, Villa seemed to be pretty stable which is why Lerner bought them after looking at us and Everton, speaking of Everton I don't really know anything about their situation.

Hows that?

Your first point is down to a matter opinion, who knows if SBR would of eventually stepped down, but the fact that he spoke to Mourihno and asked him to come here so that he would take over the job eventually, suggests to me that SBR did realise that there was a shelf life to him career at NUFC. Thats what i base my opinion on, what do you base your opinion on?

I base it on the fact that he started looking for a new job as soon as he was sacked, he wanted a new challenge at 71. He's probably still looking for one now.

As for the SBR undermining the new manager, again i said it was a suggesstion, an idealogy, not necessarily what should of been done,

:cheesy:

in the end, we ended up sacking him for finishing 4th, 3rd and 5th. Could you tell me of a manager who would like to come in and have to achieve 4th as a minimum to keep his job?

An ambitious one? A confident one? A good one?

Not the point anyway, he wasn't sacked for only coming fifth (although we were clearly looking on the slide). Robson was getting on. Like Shearer he was going to have to be replaced soon. The idea was to get in a new manager at the end of the season and save up a bit to give him a pot of cash to replace Shearer. Robson wasn't happy with this though and started acting up about it. This along with lack of player discipline and results at the start of the season forced the hand of the board into getting rid before they intended to.

As for you second point, what a silly thing to say. Are you trying to intimate that i would rather have the future of the clubs interest at heart rather than SBR, was anyone to predict what was to happen to SBR regarding the brain tumours? 

No, although his health may have been a factor for the board in deciding not to renew his rolling contract. The point is you keep banging on about the club being in the position it is now because Robson was sacked. The fact is, if he hadn't at most we would have got another couple of years out of him, and then we would have been in a situation where we had a manager who was in and out of hospital with Carver effectively as manager. Who knows what the state of the club would have been after that? The state of the club now is mostly because of the appoinments of Souness and Allardyce (I don't think Roeder did any harm to the club), not because of the sacking of Robson.

not in the slightest.

Not imaginary. I thought Geremi was nothing more than average when he played for the smoggies. I'd never seen or noticed Cacapa, I don't watch all the foreign football on TV, I haven't got time, but wasn;t very impressed when I did.

I've commented on things the board have said ie if we buy anybody in January it will be players for the future, despite the fact the team was struggling, and a slide towards the relegation places was possible. Such things smack of someone knowing nothing about football, add to the mix the view that signing average players for next to nothing is "good business" for a team supposedly with big ambition and one of the biggest support bases in the country, and what do you get ?

A fuckin idiot thats what.

Smith, Duff and Owen were bought because of what they showed at other clubs, and they all showed a lot more than the likes of Geremi. Believe it or not, this is how clubs judge players. Not Championship manager or sticking a pin into a load of names and saying "lets have him".

you're happy with this relegation fight and the possibility of ending up where the Halls and the fat b****** found us as soon as they have left then ?

I'll have a link to where I've ever said that I was happy with a relegation fight.

PS.

"fat b******" took over the club who were 2nd best in the league, you've obviously forgot.

Not the point anyway, he wasn't sacked for only coming fifth (although we were clearly looking on the slide). Robson was getting on. Like Shearer he was going to have to be replaced soon. The idea was to get in a new manager at the end of the season and save up a bit to give him a pot of cash to replace Shearer. Robson wasn't happy with this though and started acting up about it. This along with lack of player discipline and results at the start of the season forced the hand of the board into getting rid before they intended to.

Robson's time was up however the way the club was handled around the time was a complete shambles, if they wanted to replace him at the end of his contract they shouldn't have made it public knowledge, it was made worse by him not knowing about their decision either, the best thing they could have done was to tell him their decision in private and keep it between them until the season was over, at the same time ask Robson to help them find a successor.

They didn't back him or sack him which left the club in limbo and Shepherd didn't have the footballing brain to be calling the shots where transfers were concerned.

Your first point is down to a matter opinion, who knows if SBR would of eventually stepped down, but the fact that he spoke to Mourihno and asked him to come here so that he would take over the job eventually, suggests to me that SBR did realise that there was a shelf life to him career at NUFC. Thats what i base my opinion on, what do you base your opinion on?

I base it on the fact that he started looking for a new job as soon as he was sacked, he wanted a new challenge at 71. He's probably still looking for one now.

As for the SBR undermining the new manager, again i said it was a suggesstion, an idealogy, not necessarily what should of been done,

:cheesy:

in the end, we ended up sacking him for finishing 4th, 3rd and 5th. Could you tell me of a manager who would like to come in and have to achieve 4th as a minimum to keep his job?

An ambitious one? A confident one? A good one?

As for you second point, what a silly thing to say. Are you trying to intimate that i would rather have the future of the clubs interest at heart rather than SBR, was anyone to predict what was to happen to SBR regarding the brain tumours? 

No, although his health may have been a factor for the board in deciding not to renew his rolling contract. The point is you keep banging on about the club being in the position it is now because Robson was sacked. The fact is, if he hadn't at most we would have got another couple of years out of him, and then we would have been in a situation where we had a manager who was in and out of hospital with Carver effectively as manager. Who knows what the state of the club would have been after that? The state of the club now is mostly because of the appoinments of Souness and Allardyce (I don't think Roeder did any harm to the club), not because of the sacking of Robson.

exactly, and the response to THAT would have been a sight to see.  :clap:

Not imaginary. I thought Geremi was nothing more than average when he played for the smoggies. I'd never seen or noticed Cacapa, I don't watch all the foreign football on TV, I haven't got time, but wasn;t very impressed when I did.

I've commented on things the board have said ie if we buy anybody in January it will be players for the future, despite the fact the team was struggling, and a slide towards the relegation places was possible. Such things smack of someone knowing nothing about football, add to the mix the view that signing average players for next to nothing is "good business" for a team supposedly with big ambition and one of the biggest support bases in the country, and what do you get ?

Smith, Duff and Owen were bought because of what they showed at other clubs, and they all showed a lot more than the likes of Geremi. Believe it or not, this is how clubs judge players. Not Championship manager or sticking a pin into a load of names and saying "lets have him".

How much of a player for the future was Woodgate?

Did we buy Smith because he couldn't score for Man U?

Did we buy Owen because he had a history of injuries?

you're happy with this relegation fight and the possibility of ending up where the Halls and the fat b****** found us as soon as they have left then ?

I'll have a link to where I've ever said that I was happy with a relegation fight.

PS.

"fat b******" took over the club who were 2nd best in the league, you've obviously forgot.

oh dear.

I see you are trying to tell us that Sir John and Doug allowed the fat bastard to do as he wanted again and play games with their multi million pound investment.

The fat bastard and his allies on the board took over the club when we had one foot in the 3rd division and facing bankruptcy, after years of neglect, selling our best players, and a failed share issue that couldn't even raise the amount of money they got by selling our best player 3 years previously to Spurs.

You don't half talk some crap lad.

not in the slightest.

The club clearly wasn't happy backing Allardyce after the money he had wasted, which is no doubt the reason they sacked him, yet they still bid for Wes Brown which was rejected.

Keegan on the other hand had money to spend which he has said himself, as well as Southgate coming out saying we had a bid accepted for Woodgate.

Villa

Blackburn

Everton

Man City

Nice find UV  O0

mackems.gif

Smith has shown more in his career than Geremi has? :lol:

It's laughable really. :iamatwat:

I remember the idiots on here banging on because he scored in a friendly against Juventus, I bet they never thought we'd be here in March waiting for him to score another one.

oh dear.

I see you are trying to tell us that Sir John and Doug allowed the fat b****** to do as he wanted again and play games with their multi million pound investment.

The fat b****** and his allies on the board took over the club when we had one foot in the 3rd division and facing bankruptcy, after years of neglect, selling our best players, and a failed share issue that couldn't even raise the amount of money they got by selling our best player 3 years previously to Spurs.

You don't half talk some crap lad.

I could have sworn I said the following.

so you are happy with the relegation struggle we are now in

Please tell us all why Beardsley, Waddle and Gazza all left Newcastle, and why when the Halls and Shepherd took over the club our best players were all happy to stay with the club and we consequently expanded the stadium, achieved our best league positions in 50 years ?

Yet the new board is "better"..........you couldn't make it up. What a nasty man that fat bastard must have been to hurt your little feelings to such an extent  mackems.gif

Please tell us all why Beardsley, Waddle and Gazza all left Newcastle, and why when the Halls and Shepherd took over the club our best players were all happy to stay with the club and we consequently expanded the stadium, achieved our best league positions in 50 years ?

Yet the new board is "better"..........you couldn't make it up. What a nasty man that fat b****** must have been to hurt your little feelings to such an extent  mackems.gif

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

Yet the new board is "better"..........you couldn't make it up. What a nasty man that fat bastard must have been to hurt your little feelings to such an extent  mackems.gif

:lol:

Smith has shown more in his career than Geremi has? :lol:

Well, eerrr.......Veron did more in his career than Craig Bellamy, but there you go eh

Whattsa matter, can't your mate Matthew argue his own points, or are you as prolific a supporter and as knowledgeable about the club as he is  mackems.gif

Well, eerrr.......Veron did more in his career than Craig Bellamy, but there you go eh

Whattsa matter, can't your mate Matthew argue his own points, or are you as prolific a supporter and as knowledgeable about the club as he is  mackems.gif

bluelaugh.gif

NE5 is like Drew Barrymore in 50 first dates, he wakes up every day coming out with the same old shite like it's something new even though we've heard it 100's of times before.

Talk about groundhog day.

Well then Dave, the next time you tell me that I shouldn't harp on about the same thing [because you disagree with ME] cast your mind to this

Hypocrisy personified.

thickmick won't answer this. He never has so he's not going to start now.

Yet the new board is "better"..........you couldn't make it up. What a nasty man that fat b****** must have been to hurt your little feelings to such an extent  mackems.gif

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

Well ?