Which absolute idiots

NSG

They are entitled to their opinion. It's the tossers that say we're going to win the league every season that rile me more.

EVERY season? It was once, as a JOKE, 3 years ago. Get a life.

Who would I suggest? Houllier, Lippi, Mourinho or Hitzfeld for a start. If clubs like Birmingham have the balls to approach managers like these, then why not us?

Did Birmingham really approach Lippi? I mean who has a shortlist @ 1: Lippi, @ 2: McLeish

It looks like Hitzfeld is going to be the next Swiss manager, a country he has played & managed in.

Mourinho looks like he will join AC in the summer. He has enough dosh in the bank to decide where he wants to work.

Houllier I guess he would take the job.

Lippi I would be surprised if he managed again, he may take one of the middle east jobs on big $$$'s though.

Least they went and supported the lads!!! And any fan has the RIGHT to their own opinion...FFS

So I suppose my 8 or so away games this season makes me a paltry part time fan? MY opinion is that Shearer should be nowhere near the managers seat.

Well if you are so against shearer then who do you suggest is going to take over this absolute shower of shite?! Does your opinion matter more than other fans?

Who would I suggest? Houllier, Lippi, Mourinho or Hitzfeld for a start. If clubs like Birmingham have the balls to approach managers like these, then why not us?

And look a laughing stock when refused and end up with McLeish?

Maybe we could ask them, then get Strachan because Shearer's happier in a job where his bosses want him there.

GH wouldn't turn us down.

Least they went and supported the lads!!! And any fan has the RIGHT to their own opinion...FFS

So I suppose my 8 or so away games this season makes me a paltry part time fan? MY opinion is that Shearer should be nowhere near the managers seat.

Well if you are so against shearer then who do you suggest is going to take over this absolute shower of s****?! Does your opinion matter more than other fans?

And look a laughing stock when refused and end up with McLeish?

Maybe we could ask them, then get Strachan because Shearer's happier in a job where his bosses want him there.

Who is doing quite well at the moment. I can't see us becoming a bigger laughing stock than we are now, short of getting relegated this season.

I wouldn't be entirely against having strachan manage us, at least he's average.

Guest Knightrider

So let me get this straight, those that support the appointment of a realistic candidate are mongs while yourself who would rather shout about and a hold a banner up supporting names like Mourinho are what?

Fans are entitled to their opinion and if some fans want Shearer that's up to them. I don't agree with them (although I'd rather have him than Redknapp or Hughes et al) but this is their club too.

You're only upset because their view is different to your own which ironically, is actually the more moronic because Mourinho would kill for this job wouldn't he...

Can't have your cake and eat it.

To be fair, only a small number of fans come on these boards. I would reckon that the vast majority of Newcastle fans would welcome Shearer as the manager. Frankly, I'm one of them. It's time for us to realize that we're not in a position to get Mourinho at this club. We're a mid-table club and we're going to stay that way. At least we know Shearer will be passionate about the job and do everything to get us winning.

Whether we're a top club or not, it doesn't mean we have to settle for an unexperienced manager? To bring him in would be madness. He hasn't managed before, he'll have no real clue what he's doing.

getting sick of this as the definitive reason as to why it shouldnt be him. If you read the other threads then its been well documented that many ex players have been successfull in their first managerial jobs. A lot of fans wont identify with anybody thats not already a club icon .... Fact! He knows what the club and the fans are about, and as for inexperience the lad has captained the club for the best part of a decade, aswell as england,  do you not think there are some common attributes between being captain and manager?

People sayin that shearer will definately fail as a manger are just as fuckin stupid as the window lickers sayin we will win the league on ssn.

Guest MaetihS

after  today's match, gladly take shearer as manager. seriously, any manager of jose calibre will avoid us...the players we have are just plain shit bar some of them like Zog. will need a total overhual of players and that needs serious cash in the range of 100m just as like chelsea in the early days.

Guest neesy111

Did Birmingham really approach Lippi? I mean who has a shortlist @ 1: Lippi, @ 2: McLeish

It looks like Hitzfeld is going to be the next Swiss manager, a country he has played & managed in.

Mourinho looks like he will join AC in the summer. He has enough dosh in the bank to decide where he wants to work.

Houllier I guess he would take the job.

Lippi I would be surprised if he managed again, he may take one of the middle east jobs on big $$$'s though.

yes they did, his advisors confirmed they did, the reply was thanks but no thanks

So let me get this straight, those that support the appointment of a realistic candidate are mongs while yourself who would rather shout about and a hold a banner up supporting names like Mourinho are what?

Fans are entitled to their opinion and if some fans want Shearer that's up to them. I don't agree with them (although I'd rather have him than Redknapp or Hughes et al) but this is their club too.

You're only upset because their view is different to your own which ironically, is actually the more moronic because Mourinho would kill for this job wouldn't he...

Where did I say I would 'shout about and a hold a banner up supporting names like Mourinho"? I suggested a few names we should target before bringing in a totally unqualified, unproven alternative.

To be fair, only a small number of fans come on these boards. I would reckon that the vast majority of Newcastle fans would welcome Shearer as the manager. Frankly, I'm one of them. It's time for us to realize that we're not in a position to get Mourinho at this club. We're a mid-table club and we're going to stay that way. At least we know Shearer will be passionate about the job and do everything to get us winning.

Whether we're a top club or not, it doesn't mean we have to settle for an unexperienced manager? To bring him in would be madness. He hasn't managed before, he'll have no real clue what he's doing.

getting sick of this as the definitive reason as to why it shouldnt be him. If you read the other threads then its been well documented that many ex players have been successfull in their first managerial jobs. A lot of fans wont identify with anybody thats not already a club icon .... Fact! He knows what the club and the fans are about, and as for inexperience the lad has captained the club for the best part of a decade, aswell as england,  do you not think there are some common attributes between being captain and manager?

People sayin that shearer will definately fail as a manger are just as fuckin stupid as the window lickers sayin we will win the league on ssn.

Do we really need another Roy Keane to show why Shearer shouldn't take the job now? Its a huge gamble, and one that isn't worth taking at the moment.

Guest Knightrider

Where did I say I would 'shout about and a hold a banner up supporting names like Mourinho"? I suggested a few names we should target before bringing in a totally unqualified, unproven alternative.

And yet those who are suggesting, in other ways, appointing a more realistic man, are mongs? I don't get it. Anyway, we're gonna win the league whoever comes in, right?!

Guest Knightrider

getting sick of this as the definitive reason as to why it shouldnt be him. If you read the other threads then its been well documented that many ex players have been successfull in their first managerial jobs. A lot of fans wont identify with anybody thats not already a club icon .... Fact! He knows what the club and the fans are about, and as for inexperience the lad has captained the club for the best part of a decade, aswell as england,  do you not think there are some common attributes between being captain and manager?

Do we really need another Roy Keane to show why Shearer shouldn't take the job now? Its a huge gamble, and one that isn't worth taking at the moment.

The same Roy Keane who has done a fantastic job at the mackems?

Maybe these lads are just being realistic and think we wouldnt have a chance of gettin a top class manager and so are taking the logical step that shearer could actually be better than the other mongs who are being linked with the job.

And do you not think that its possible that they have already approached the world class mangers before offering it to redknapp? I mean come on Harry Redknapp as first choice? do me a fucking favour

I know Shearer might sound like the ideal candidate now they've fucked up the Redknapp deal, but, appointing Alan Shearer under the current ownership would be a mistake IMO, Ashley obviously wants an experienced to take over and by doing that he'll be able to trust him to spend his money wisely, if he ends up appointing Shearer at the pure fact there is no one else to appoint we'll be in the same situation in terms of trust and that is not something we need at this time.

Guest neesy111

this club needs the biggest lift now in it's history, we are in crisis now, fans are disillusioned with the club

the club needs to sort it self out now, or many fans will not bother turning up next season

The same Roy Keane who has reputedly lost the players already? And with (arguably) worse signings than our ex-manager?

Guest Knightrider

The same Roy Keane who has reputedly lost the players already? And with (arguably) worse signings than our ex-manager?

I wouldn't know if he has or hasn't as I don't take an interest in them, all I know they should be pretty grateful for what he's done basically in his first year in management which is very impressive.

If you read the other threads then its been well documented that many ex players have been successfull in their first managerial jobs.

It's also shown that teams that play in red have been successful in the Premier League. Does that mean us playing in red would make us successful? Same logic tbh.

Just because ex-players have made good managers in the past doesn't mean that Shearer would.

Agreed coach.

Keane has done a fantastic job even though they are where they are. The team seems to get at teams and try to beat them they just don't have the quality to finish chances. He has also had problems attracting players of the calibre he wants to that dump.

I think if he got the players he was after they would be pissing on us right now. I don't want to stick up for our filthy, inbred, unwashed enemies but keane has done a great job so far for them.

If shearer had the same impact and was able to get the players he wants we would do the business

If you read the other threads then its been well documented that many ex players have been successfull in their first managerial jobs.

It's also shown that teams that play in red have been successful in the Premier League. Does that mean us playing in red would make us successful? Same logic tbh.

Just because ex-players have made good managers in the past doesn't mean that Shearer would.

thats a shit argument tbh. and if you reread the posts you wont have seen me say shearer would be good. what you will have seen is you saying it would be madness

Guest Goalfather

This Shearer love-in makes absolutely no sense to me... I challenge anyone on this board to give me 5 footballing reasons why Shearer should be appointed manager.

Can I suggest that everyone here just close the browser, stand up, take a good deep breath and walk away from this shite (the result and the clubs affairs I mean, not N-O  :angel: ) for a few hours?  I'm about to.  I'm drained, just drained.  So much frustration and anger but it's not doing anyone any good, just wearing me out.  And I see it in my fellow posters here. 

Only 4pm here in the states and pissed as I am about the result and things around the club in general I'm not going to have it fuck over my night.  And though things might not look any better in the morning I can at least approach it with a cleaner perspective.

Goodnight N-O.

This Shearer love-in makes absolutely no sense to me... I challenge anyone on this board to give me 5 footballing reasons why Shearer should be appointed manager.

By the same token, 5 footballing reasons why Keegan should have been appointed?

Anyone know if Shearer is on MOTD tonight?