Arsenal

Gash

Think someone mentioned PSG on here which seems a good shout. National squad as well would be viable. As for who to replace him - not a clue!

I'm sure I've read articles in the last couple of years mentioning Rémi Garde and Dragan Stojkovic as coaches who had been earmarked to take over from Wenger when he retires.

Yup. I believe Wenger has recommended Stojkovic.

Listened to that 'Tuesday Club' podcast with Alan Davies today. It's all about Arsenal, but it's funny stuff - especially his hatred for Clive Allen.

Worth digging up the podcasts from after our 0-1 at the Emirates and the 4-4. :thup:

Listened to that 'Tuesday Club' podcast with Alan Davies today. It's all about Arsenal, but it's funny stuff - especially his hatred for Clive Allen.

Worth digging up the podcasts from after our 0-1 at the Emirates and the 4-4. :thup:

I'll give them a listen, thanks :thup:

Happy I'm not the only one who can't think of anyone! Are the coaches out there really that poor at the moment?

said it before I'll say it again Carlo Ancelotti, not only a succesful manager but also plays the game in the right way which would be asked of any successor of Wenger

• 2 weeks later...

Found this interesting article on Arsenal's wage structure. Wasn't aware their spending was actually comparable to ManU's, but the fact it's more "egalitarian" prevents them from competing at the top wage brackets.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/10/19/2717231/cash-rich-arsenal-can-afford-to-give-robin-van-persie-the-200000-

Also took me by shock that Van Persie is already 28. One of those players that for some reason I keep thinking they are still hot prospects.

Was the fact that even Henry apparently was earning £200k+ in his final season well publicised? Don't recall much being made of it at the time. Would've been quite something even just 5 years ago for most teams, let alone 'frugal' Arsenal.