Defence and Enrique

ChrisJbarnes

The mood Man Utd are in, I think they would've at least scored 4 or 5 against most other defences in the league.

The problem was, that for the first time in a while our midfield tried to pass the ball around and attack.

This left us extremely short at the back and quite often there were 6 or 7 red shirts onto 4 or 5 black and whites.

Enrique though, he's looked good in every game I've seen him. Bit unfair on the lad that we've conceded more goals with him playing at left back then we have with Zoggy.

Shame they didn't play like they did against Birmingham, when they just didn't turn up. Had 10 minutes where they had an ok spell. Mind, they always save it for us.

Guest Ebolarama

Enrique has great potential. Hope the next manager has the man management skills to bring the best out of him, keep him at the club, and develop him. Could be a great left side if him and Zog play together more.

The mood Man Utd are in, I think they would've at least scored 4 or 5 against most other defences in the league.

The two games before they beat Villa 2-0 & Brum 1-0 & have not scored 5 or more against any other team*. It would be intresting to see if they people finding positives in the result are the same people who couldn't work it out that we are s**** when we got beat off Derby away.

*=They humped Shenzhen FC 6-0 in a pre-season game.

Fucks sake. Enrique was ok, nowt special, and got pwned more than once.

but suddenly he's fucking ace, and its not the defences fault THEY let the opposition scroe 6 in one half, yadda yadda.

why do we always pretend that we're better than we are? its nort optimism, or beig a good fan, its fucking stupid.

but suddenly he's f****** ace, and its not the defences fault THEY let the opposition scroe 6 in one half, yadda yadda.

why do we always pretend that we're better than we are? its nort optimism, or beig a good fan, its f****** stupid.

The defence were poor. The midfield were the root cause of the problem though.

but suddenly he's f****** ace, and its not the defences fault THEY let the opposition scroe 6 in one half, yadda yadda.

why do we always pretend that we're better than we are? its nort optimism, or beig a good fan, its f****** stupid.

Oh yeah, if we had a good defence, Carr and Cacapa would be good enough.

but suddenly he's fucking ace, and its not the defences fault THEY let the opposition scroe 6 in one half, yadda yadda.

why do we always pretend that we're better than we are? its nort optimism, or beig a good fan, its fucking stupid.

Who said that then?

Who said that then?

I was generalising.

After Saturdays game, someone said the only thing not good about him was his distribution. the ONLY thing.

Who said that then?

I was generalising.

After Saturdays game, someone said the only thing not good about him was his distribution. the ONLY thing.

'Good' = 'fucking ace'?

Who said that then?

I was generalising.

Aye was me. Still agree with me too.

Who said that then?

I was generalising.

'Good' = 'fucking ace'?

I can't remember the exact words, just the blind stupidity of the sentiments.

We do this all the time. A player isn't totally shit once, and suddenly he's great. Its typical of many teams, but especially us.

Oh yeah, if we had a good defence, Carr and Cacapa would be good enough.

What?

Carr and Cacapa aren't good enough by the way, but the midfield were to blame against Man United more than the defenders. That's not saying that I think our defenders are all fukcing ace by the way.

Who said that then?

I was generalising.

'Good' = 'fucking ace'?

We do this all the time. A player isn't totally shit once, and suddenly he's great. Its typical of many teams, but especially us.

So you can't remember, but you're associating the statement 'fucking ace' (and 'world class' is another you like to throw around) to someone? Bit unfair.

Who said that then?

I was generalising.

'Good' = 'fucking ace'?

I've noticed people do it with Steven Taylor quite alot actually.

i hate the look of enrique, although man utd was his best game so far...

hes looked very slow, and doesnt know what to do with the ball when hes got it...ive saw f*** all which shows me he got nicknamed 'the bull'...maybe missed s*** out, so hes nicknamed bullshit! hes w***

I refuse to like you.

Who said that then?

I was generalising.

'Good' = 'f****** ace'?

We do this all the time. A player isn't totally s*** once, and suddenly he's great. Its typical of many teams, but especially us.

Isn't it just that some people don't see things in black and white? If Taylor has a good game, people say he's a good player (which he was in that game). If he has a poor game they say he's shit (which he was in that game).

It's human nature. You can't just label a player shite, and never recognise when he plays well.

Or have I missed the point?

Who said that then?

I was generalising.

'Good' = 'f****** ace'?

We do this all the time. A player isn't totally s*** once, and suddenly he's great. Its typical of many teams, but especially us.

Isn't it just that some people don't see things in black and white? If Taylor has a good game, people say he's a good player (which he was in that game). If he has a poor game they say he's shit (which he was in that game).

It's human nature. You can't just label a player shite, and never recognise when he plays well.

Or have I missed the point?

Exactly. Enrique looks alright so far to me. That doesn't make him world class...

Honestly have no idea how people can say he doesn't look strong. He holds players off and turns away from them very well imo. ???

:thup:

He's also agile, is actually pacey and has good control with the ball. I don't see what's wrong with him individually, more of a case of the whole defence not communicating and thus losing all those silly goals on Saturday. Nothing a good manager can't sort out. In fact, I'd say we'd actually have a good defence if a manager sorts them out. All of them are good enough individually (Beye, Taylor, Faye and Enrique) imo.

Who said that then?

I was generalising.

'Good' = 'f****** ace'?

This is another thing that i can't understand either. Does anyone actually do this with Taylor on here anymore? I don't think so. There might be one or two big fans of him about (i'm not one, ftr), but he's certainly not as hyped as he was under Souness and Roeder.

Honestly have no idea how people can say he doesn't look strong. He holds players off and turns away from them very well imo. ???

:thup:

He's also agile, is actually pacey and has good control with the ball. I don't see what's wrong with him individually, more of a case of the whole defence not communicating and thus losing all those silly goals on Saturday. Nothing a good manager can't sort out. In fact, I'd say we'd actually have a good defence if a manager sorts them out. All of them are good enough individually (Beye, Taylor, Faye and Enrique) imo.

They are, without a shadow of a doubt. There's a good defense in there.

Guest Ice__Mag

Every time enrique has played he has looked strong, and really quick! Should play every game, strong left side with Zoggy LW