Van Buyten

Guest elbee909

Guest elbee909

Good defender as I recall... anyone understand why he may have fallen out of favour?

---

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3047777,00.html

Celtic target Daniel van Buyten admits he would consider a loan move to the Parkhead club.

The 29-year-old Belgian defender, out of favour at Bayern Munich, is wanted by Hoops boss Gordon Strachan.

Van Buyten will hold talks with the German club this week but with coach Ottmar Hitzfeld leaving in the summer to be replaced by Jurgen Klinsmann, a loan deal could be the best Bayern will offer unless Celtic match a reported £4million valuation.

Van Buyten told the Scottish Sun: "Celtic is one of my options.

"I have not spoken with them but I know their coach has asked for details about me.

"Scotland is a fabulous country for football and the atmosphere is great.

"I arrived at Bayern with great hopes. My objective was to win a fight to win a place in the team and play in every match.

"Unfortunately, this has not been possible and I am unhappy about the situation.

"I'm working very hard every day but the coach doesn't seem to have confidence in me.

"After I speak with Bayern I will know my future but I will discount nothing.

"There's also interested clubs in England but the final decision is down to Bayern."

Guest kleinhero

Many mistakes, was very well at Hamburg but really sucks in Munich. Demichelis and Lucio are much better, Van Buyten just played when someone was injured or suspended, now Bayern bought Breno for the defence so I guess Van Buyten could leave but he wouldn't really help us.

on his way to Celtic

his agent said every club outside the top 4 as enquired about him

Somehow I doubt it.

A couple of weeks ago his agent was basically begging us to sign him in the press, next day Moyes says he hasn't spoken to the agent and doesn't want to sign Van Buyten. Which I believe since centre  back is the last position we need a player in.

Do you really think he'd go to the SPL if Villa/City/Spurs/Newcastle had made firm offers?

He is out of his depth at Bayern, they try/aim to deal in players placed in th World Class or outstanding domestically bracket, he is none of that. Would be a great sigining for us & with him at CB, it would free up Faye to move into midfield & Butt not to start games.

Get it done special K.

Agreed, he'll provide some much needed aerial presence, or more accurately some support for Faye. And he's a 'ball-playing' centrehalf as well, basically he's a throwback - and i mean this in a complimentary way - to a former defensive rock of Keegans....... Phillippe Albert.

Faye and Van Buyten appeals as a physically imposing centre-half partnership................ but i have a feeling Keegan's first signing could well be Steve Black.  ;)

Yes.

Loan swap with the legendary David Sommeil (Not one of Keggy's finest hours that one...).

Signed him for 2nd half of 03/04 season, class act for 6 games or so, ruptured his groin then never seen again. Couldn't afford £2.5m to sign him permenantly. :weep:

He has his shakey moments and is therefore not held in that high regards at Munich and they might happily cash in on him (2nd choice to Lucio and Demichelis and probably now Breno). He was a class act at Hamburg though.