The impact of KK...

Guest Knightrider

Btw I've noticed a few moans and groans from the likes of Gol who I assume wasn't around Newcastle when KK was first managing here, get yourself to Tyneside and you'll soon change your tunes. Seriously. Just look at the scenes outside SJP.

What's that got to do with anything?

Keegan playing for Newcastle was what made me first love the club (I'm from Scunthorpe by the way). and I supported them long before you started. Don't try to play the soopafan card on me.

He's a great PR marketing tool, but this appointment is based on trying to give the fans what they want. In an interview a couple of months back he says he's not watched a live game of football since his last match at Man City. What exactly was on his CV which made him a better man for the job than all of the other choices? (oh yeah, he'll make loads of Geordie soopafans happy).

Freddie was right with the whole Geordie Nation, and you're proving it.

By the way, backing him 100%, but they need some continuity plans.

Turnbull  - "Keegan has had his time and failed" - WTF!!!!!!????

Trying not to get too emotionally involved, if you assess the club at his time as appointment as manager, and the date when he left, I'm sure you will appreciate your own comment is a little bit ridiculous.

He failed at a number of jobs, based on effectively cracking and walking away. Its just the way things are.

Trying not to get too emotionally involved, if you assess the club at his time as appointment as manager, and the date when he left, I'm sure you will appreciate your own comment is a little bit ridiculous.

He failed at a number of jobs, based on effectively cracking and walking away. Its just the way things are.

Plenty of people would argue against that, and state other reasons for his departures.

If nowt else, least he has the decency to resign, rather than hanging on for a pay-off.

Plenty of people would argue against that, and state other reasons for his departures.

If nowt else, least he has the decency to resign, rather than hanging on for a pay-off.

Maybe the pressure was too much to carry on?

So now he's some kind of brave soldier for walking away, as opposed to a man who couldn't take the pressure and did one??

Once could be discussed. Twice would be very unfortunate.........more than that? You seriously think every departure can be dismissed on its own merits, ignoring the pattern?

So now he's some kind of brave soldier for walking away, as opposed to a man who couldn't take the pressure and did one??

Once could be discussed. Twice would be very unfortunate.........more than that? You seriously think every departure can be dismissed on its own merits, ignoring the pattern?

Keegan did not fail here last time.

I'm sure the bright successful managers like Hughes and Moyes would love that level of failure

You seriously don't like Keegan!

NUFC - PLC (Cant blame him) Team was class.

Fulham - Chance to manager his country (cant blame him)

England - media are scum/realised he hadnt done a good job, (dont blame anyone for leaving that)

Man C - Packed in when his team was doing crap, might have a point on that one

I'm sure the bright successful managers like Hughes and Moyes would love that level of failure

So define his success, here and elsewhere.

Keegan hasnt failed anywhere bar England.Each club he's managed has been left significantly better off at his departure.

He couldn't take them on past "good", though, could he? He couldn;t take that sort of pressure.

But if you're already on the "KK is the best, perfect man,etc" wagon, you'll never accept anything else.

Keegan hasnt failed anywhere bar England.Each club he's managed has been left significantly better off at his departure.

He couldn't take them on past "good", though, could he? He couldn;t take that sort of pressure.

But if you're already on the "KK is the best, perfect man,etc" wagon, you'll never accept anything else.

He's only really walked awy from Citeh,for footballing reasons.

I'm shocked to see so many on this forum supporting this move. I honestly expected this opposite.

To me, the return of Keegan reinforces the outside perception that this club is currently shackled by sentiment and delusion - that only those with an 'understanding' and 'feel' for the Geordie Nation need apply, as the despicable Alan Oliver often reminds us. Keegan had his time and failed. He rode the crest of wave then came crashing back down, unable to deal with the pressure. He was soon found wanting (tactically) at international level.

But I naturally wish him well and hope that he does turn us around.

I have to agree with you, I thought Mort and Ashley would have more sense.

I would define success as leaving every club he has been at in a much better position than when he arrived, playing excellent football on the way.

I would define success as leaving every club he has been at in a much better position than when he arrived, playing excellent football on the way.

Are you serious! ask Man City fans then.

this whole success malarky.  I think a general point that can be made is that we've appointed a man whos success includes 2 2nd places in the Premier League.

When we could have approached a World Cup winner and a FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Cup, Supercup, Community Shield winner to name but 2 people (Lippi and Houllier) and also van Gaals long list of success, I can't help but feel a little let down.

this whole success malarky.  I think a general point that can be made is that we've appointed a man whos success includes 2 2nd places in the Premier League.

When we could have approached a World Cup winner and a FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Cup, Supercup, Community Shield winner to name but 2 people (Lippi and Houllier) and also van Gaals long list of success, I can't help but feel a little let down.

This.

Plus, those 2nd places were how long ago?