Shy and reserved Keegan Last Night?

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest nufc_geordie

Was just wondering what people thought of the constant pics of Keegan all last night on sky/BBC during the game. He had Mike Ashley jumping around like a Jack-in-the0box next to him and Chris Mort trying to look excited regularly but failing as he is a lawyer. Keegan sat between them looked shy and reserved, coat pulled up around his face, he looked almost uncomfortable to me, then as the game wore on he got more animated. By full time he was jumping around himself.

Whether ot not the behaviour of Ashley was infectious I don't know! The other thing I picked up on last night was when he arrived at the ground and the dimwit journalist asked him what it was like to come to Newcastle for the second time. His reply was quality, "It's the third time actually, I played for them, I'm home now".

I was surprised he didn't come out onto the pitch or that there wasn'y a press conference - presume that will be today.

Also can't remember when we last scored 4 - credit to Pearson/Round for sticking with two strikers after the sending off.

He looked like he'd been dragged along and didnt really know what was happening, If that really was his first time back in a football stadium in 3 years i'm not suprised he looked confused.

Guest Ridzuan

I was surprised he didn't come out onto the pitch or that there wasn'y a press conference - presume that will be today.

Also can't remember when we last scored 4 - credit to Pearson/Round for sticking with two strikers after the sending off.

Press conference on Friday.As for the topic,its been a while since he came down to St James,and its been a while since he is back into such a huge challenge.Im sure he will get use to after some time.

Was just wondering what people thought of the constant pics of Keegan all last night on sky/BBC during the game. He had Mike Ashley jumping around like a Jack-in-the0box next to him and Chris Mort trying to look excited regularly but failing as he is a lawyer. Keegan sat between them looked shy and reserved, coat pulled up around his face, he looked almost uncomfortable to me, then as the game wore on he got more animated. By full time he was jumping around himself.

Whether ot not the behaviour of Ashley was infectious I don't know! The other thing I picked up on last night was when he arrived at the ground and the dimwit journalist asked him what it was like to come to Newcastle for the second time. His reply was quality, "It's the third time actually, I played for them, I'm home now".

Ashley is infectious and I can see now he is interested in bending reality. KK can feel this. It's a big ask....

Guest Ridzuan

Anybody know who the big black bloke in teh toon "Keegan" shirt in teh directors box next to KK and Mike Ashley?

I believe it is Ashley close friend.That is not the first time Ive seen him in the director box.Most of the time,he is always there with his Newcastle jersey on.

Anybody know who the big black bloke in teh toon "Keegan" shirt in teh directors box next to KK and Mike Ashley?

I believe it is Ashley close friend.That is not the first time Ive seen him in the director box.Most of the time,he is always there with his Newcastle jersey on.

Yeah he was at the boro away game as well with ashley!

Wonder how quick this has all happened, like said about Keegan looks like he cant belive it himself!!

Quite glad they didnt bring him out on the pitch, will be that much better on Sat when the grounds full!

Guest LucaAltieri

and Chris Mort trying to look excited regularly but failing as he is a lawyer.

:)

Get the impression Mort is a bit of a dullard. In the Keegan interview he said something along the lines of:

"I met the owner and after listening to him speak he seems a really great guy... oh and I met the chairman."

Get the impression Mort is a bit of a dullard. In the Keegan interview he said something along the lines of:

"I met the owner and after listening to him speak he seems a really great guy... oh and I met the chairman."

i like the mort/ashley double act though, you can see how its served them well in business, mort's your reserved yet enthusiastic and intelligent posh kid, ashley's the ruthless, in your face businessman who's made himself 2 billion quid and isnt afraid to grin about it

Not sure what you wanted really... he got animated when we scored, I don't see many new managers doing that (the ones that are appointed too late to take charge of a game so watch from the stands if that makes sense).

Not sure what you wanted really... he got animated when we scored, I don't see many new managers doing that (the ones that are appointed too late to take charge of a game so watch from the stands if that makes sense).

true, i do think he looked a bit nervous like, but thats the sort of guy he his, emotional, its what serves him in connecting with the players and inspiring them, but it works both ways, as we've seen. it was great to see him shaking hands with and kissing people he'd obviously not seen in ages aswell

And to be fair he was probably amazed to be back and it might not have sunk in for him at the time. The atmosphere amongst the fans was amazing - image what it'd be like for him?

Bet he never expected to be back.

Guest clownhat

i like the mort/ashley double act though, you can see how its served them well in business, mort's your reserved yet enthusiastic and intelligent posh kid, ashley's the ruthless, in your face businessman who's made himself 2 billion quid and isnt afraid to grin about it

reading the FT (and yes i know...) they describe Ashley as a 'maverick businessman' not sure thats a great thing for the club but hopefully Mort'll make sure nothing fucks up.

I heard something on Century Radio about him not wanting to out-stage the match, and even though he did, he didn't want to be paraded on the pitch and make a big spectacle of himself because it wouldn't have been fair to Pearson and the players who had an important game to focus on.

That's why he sneaked in late and was quite reserved.

I heard something on Century Radio about him not wanting to out-stage the match, and even though he did, he didn't want to be paraded on the pitch and make a big spectacle of himself because it wouldn't have been fair to Pearson and the players who had an important game to focus on.

Sounds about right.

Sounds about right.

Sensible to say the least.