Keegan Blank Cheque - Only Limit Imagination

nufc4eva

I'd say that there is a fairly good chance we don't sign anyone.

I'll bet you a tenner we do  O0

I've never bet more than a quid on anything I haven't won.

Just be warned that when Keegan starts off transfer discussion by announcing that it is difficult to get players moving in January, and saying that he is only going to buy quality, you have to be a little cautious, because if worse comes to worse, there are going to be some very unhappy people on here, the way people are talking.

Hi guys!

Couldn't sleep last night, and just started to think of a list of potensial players we can buy now/or in the summer. Feel free to comment, and give me your opinions. Also please state how much you think we'd have to pay:

How many of these you actually seen play?

Hi :)

Obviously not all of them, but I've seen quite a few. Some of the players I've just heard about through friends, and if I am to believe what they say, these players are good, and will improve us.

|maze|

Are your friends all characters on football manager?

Too slow :razz:

Hi guys!

Couldn't sleep last night, and just started to think of a list of potensial players we can buy now/or in the summer. Feel free to comment, and give me your opinions. Also please state how much you think we'd have to pay:

Obviously not all of them, but I've seen quite a few. Some of the players I've just heard about through friends, and if I am to believe what they say, these players are good, and will improve us.

|maze|

football manager?I don't play that game :) needless to say, the list is extensive, and there wouldn't be anything to lose by scouting these players. That's just my opinion. If you browse the internet; you will find that a lot of these players are attracted by big clubs:)

Hi guys!

|maze|

football manager?I don't play that game :) needless to say, the list is extensive, and there wouldn't be anything to lose by scouting these players. That's just my opinion. If you browse the internet; you will find that a lot of these players are attracted by big clubs:)

Holy Jesus :lol:

Guest Knightrider

It's the future of scouting tbh. Just give someone a laptop and google.

You aren't far off actually. Can't beat seeing things with your own two eyes though.

It's the future of scouting tbh. Just give someone a laptop and google.

You aren't far off actually. Can't beat seeing things with your own two eyes though.

Whose eyes do you use for looking on the internet, like? Flash spare-eyed c*nt.

I can see Patrokles or whatever he was called getting a trial based on his dog-bamboozling skilz.

Hi guys!

|maze|

Never knew you could count FM as a friend.

I really fuking hate people who think just because you play a football game you have an unrealistic look on football or your opinion is distorted by it. Those people who think you are below them and their opinion counts as shite because you dare look at a few in game stats and search about for the real player, really boil my piss.

But on this occasion its 100% justified, i've never seen such an FM post put up on a forum, its text book, and cringe worthy.

As a serial gamer, I'm ashamed.

Kikin Fonseca is my top Football Manager recommendation.  Ahem.

That's just pathetic. Nothing but pathetic! There's absolutely nothing to gain by mocking me or my post. My list is long, but atleast I'm thinking 'outside the box' which is just what we need (and obviously allowed to in this thread). I can only follow up what's posted above - what makes you believe that you are any better than me at picking players? (elbee909?)

If we have a s**t load of cash to spend, then I'm sure you can compile a pretty decent XI out of my list...?

And about the Carrick talking - seriously for £18 mill ??  mackems.gif You got to be f***ing kidding me. As some other people have said as well, we can get much better for that amount of money. And S.A. Ferguson is not known for selling his players before they are over their peak. Newcastle on the other hand, has sold Andy Cole to Man Utd, let Saha go (he wasn't good enough???). We have also brought in Smith and Butt for Man Utd - have they ever played as well here as at Man Utd?

W/e agrument.... £18 mill is pure robbery, he's overpriced, and if Ferguson want to sell.. it's his problem. Sure we need a player of atleast his calibre, but not Carrick for that much...

Who could you get for £18m who would be as willing to come? What does Mashcereno offer that Carrick doesnt? MAybe  a little more defensive protection becuase if you ask me, Carrick makes up for that with his passing ability.

Who could you get for £18m who would be as willing to come? What does Mashcereno offer that Carrick doesnt? MAybe  a little more defensive protection becuase if you ask me, Carrick makes up for that with his passing ability.

Fair point! Obviously, there are many players to pick from, but I guess there's only a few that would settle in as quickly as Carrick (with that calibre). And keegan wants that type of player.  However, I must admit spending that much money on him would be crazy. It's a lot of cash!

Plus, whenever Ferguson decides to sell it's not because he's forced to, it's because he knows the player is 'past his peak'. S.A. Ferguson is damn good at that, and he's rarely wrong :undecided:

Fair point! Obviously, there are many players to pick from, but I guess there's only a few that would settle in as quickly as Carrick (with that calibre). And keegan wants that type of player.  However, I must admit spending that much money on him would be crazy. It's a lot of cash!

Plus, whenever Ferguson decides to sell it's not because he's forced to, it's because he knows the player is 'past his peak'. S.A. Ferguson is damn good at that, and he's rarely wrong :undecided:

Its a lot of money for the old newcastle yeh, but id advocating spending as much money as possible for a new manager, keegan needs his own players and Carrick is exactly what we need.

Fergie isnt daft, you're right and thats where the problem lies, he'd definitely want a decent profit on him, i wouldnt be surprised to see something stupid put on him like £22m+

Persnally, i would snap up Carrick for the exact same price that man u would but not a penny more.

What do you think about Riquelme? Sure, he'll take some time to adapt (if he ever does) but his technique is superb, that's atleast how I remember him from the Argentina matches.

I'm not updated on his current situation... but he's been injured quite a lot ...or ?

What do you think about Riquelme? Sure, he'll take some time to adapt (if he ever does) but his technique is superb, that's atleast how I remember him from the Argentina matches.

I'm not updated on his current situation... but he's been injured quite a lot ...or ?

He wants to play in Argentina in order to get into Argentina's next World Cup squad.

as a defensive midfielder mascherano is miles better than carrick. Mascherano is a fantastic tackler and rarely misplaces a pass. the attacking midfielder should provide the creativity not the defensive player. Mascheranos passing is underrated, whereas carrick doesn't seem to want to dirty his shorts.

as a defensive midfielder mascherano is miles better than carrick. Mascherano is a fantastic tackler and rarely misplaces a pass. the attacking midfielder should provide the creativity not the defensive player. Mascheranos passing is underrated, whereas carrick doesn't seem to want to dirty his shorts.

how much would both of them cost approx.?

Never in a million years will huge clubs sit buy and watch a player like Mascherano come to Newcastle, thats if he even would think twice about it.

You never know with Kev - he can persuade anyone  O0   

Guest ObaStar

first off mascherno was at west ham last year. so lets not get too afraid of putting in a bid for him. Secondly I was just making the point that there is quality out there for 18 million, people way better than carrick. Barry for instance would cost way less than that.

first off mascherno was at west ham last year. so lets not get too afraid of putting in a bid for him. Secondly I was just making the point that there is quality out there for 18 million, people way better than carrick. Barry for instance would cost way less than that.

What a brilliant experience that was for Mascherano, I'm sure he'd jump at the chance of joining a team of similar ability.

Never in a million years will huge clubs sit buy and watch a player like Mascherano come to Newcastle, thats if he even would think twice about it.

Well Liverpool dont have the money, Man Utd dont need him, Arsenal wouldnt have him, Chelsea have a million midfielders so dont need him, same for Barca, same for Inter, Real Madrid have Diarra, Roma have De Rossi, AC Milan is possible, and then Man City.

The only thing MSI will be interested in is the money and as shown by the West Ham and Corinthians moves Mascherano hanst got much say where he goes.