The 'muppet' Roy Keane...

Guest GAMMELL

I think what he might mean by the 40m is, that jones might be the differnce between survival and relegation, and the touted value of survival is +40m, hence jones is worth 40m.

Maybe i am giving keane too much credit for some intellignce though )

Didn't I say that? ;)

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Good player, really good purchase buy Keane.  If you can't see what he's trying to say by 'pricing' him at 40 million then you are the stupid ones, not him.

Good player, really good purchase buy Keane.  If you can't see what he's trying to say by 'pricing' him at 40 million then you are the stupid ones, not him.

thought i was the only one who saw it that way

At least 3 of us have already said that in the thread though, so don't know why you felt left out :D

So what's he trying to say here then?:

"I wouldn't swap him for any of them (any other PL striker)."

Please enlighten us stupid people who think Keane talks complete bollocks.. :lol:

thought i was the only one who saw it that way

At least 3 of us have already said that in the thread though, so don't know why you felt left out :D

you were putting his value at £40mill as if he keeps them up thats what it will be worth to them. i think,and he may well correct me, that all managers massivly overvalue their players to the press in order to push up any price should they need to sell. which managers do you know of would give a realistic valuation of one of their players when not looking to sell him ?

Well if they go down you can guarantee he wont be a Sunderland player next year because one of the bigger clubs will snap him up.  OK it might not be for £40m but it will be considerably more than what Keane payed for him.