Keegan & the Academy

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

When KK's return was announced a few questioned how this appointment reflected on the Academy which is down as an important criteria of Mort's and rightly so. Well I don't know what will happen to the actual Academy itself but I do know this: My 9 year-old nephew plays for a local junior side who are doing very well. Sadly half the team come to training in Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal tops and regard players like Ronaldo, Gerrard, Drogba and Fabregas as their heroes. What KK's return and with it KK mania will do is reverse that. I guarantee at their next training get together those kids will be wearing Toon tops and talking about NUFC and so will their parents. Over the past few years the number of non Toon tops being paraded about the area by kids and even adults has grown. That will be reversed too and I say that as a true and proud of it Keegan bandwagoner. When I was 10/11 I wasn't interested in NUFC or football. I preferred my bike, car books and larking about with mates to football. KK taking over as manager changed all that literally over night. I have of course have since passed on my love of NUFC to my nephews so it's a production line almost.

And this is where it starts, deep in the grass (roots). I'm a coach these days, well I'm a qualified one, and I am constantly being reminded that my job is to instill in kids a love of the game first and foremost because without that we won't have any fans and with it footballers. The game would cease to exist and exists solely on love because what we do is irrational and makes no sense whatsoever, like real love. Over half the kids that play football in the UK fall out of love with the game and never go back, to play it or to watch it, i.e. to support a club.

How many new fans saw their first game last Wednesday as a result of Keegan's return? My own sister for one. She's now hooked and she's 21 and she's joining me tomorrow again. Glory hunter? Bandwagon jumper? Does it fucking matter in a City like ours? If we as fans have a duty to our club then the club has a duty to it's people - I see it as a two way thing. The club can win the minds of people easily, but the heart? It sometimes takes a Keegan.

I guarantee the number of kids now wanting to be a ball boy, a Junior Magpie, who want to see NUFC will increases by the thousands. I guarantee more fathers will be out on the park with their sons having a kick-about as a result of KK's return too which means more kids will be interested in playing the game.

It not only impacts the Academy but future fans and hopefully, a new Gazza or Shearer will stem from it.

As someone who is very passionate about this side of the game, KK's return is a huge huge boost for kids' football in the City and if he can get us playing like he once did, maybe the country too.

Guest Micktoon

You seem rather positive on a lot of fronts HTT, why is this, has Keegan inspired you, maybe you feel younger again.

And to bloody right, ower 40 and I've not stopped smiling for days, daft cunt anarl straight on the net and i'm now in possession of a toon top with Keegan 7 on the back. Suddenly I'm 16 and i'm Keegan on the field behind me hoose again. Just wish i was home in Newcastle waiting to go the temple tomorrow.

Fuck the rest of the land, the Geordies are dancing and smiling again, the rest of England be afraid, be very afraid.

It's really sad to see so many kids wearing Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool shirts round Newcastle. If I had it my way, it would be classed as a form of child abuse and I'd have Social Services round there in a flash with a shirt and a few posters.

Guest Knightrider

You seem rather positive on a lot of fronts HTT, why is this, has Keegan inspired you, maybe you feel younger again.

And to bloody right, ower 40 and I've not stopped smiling for days, daft cunt anarl straight on the net and i'm now in possession of a toon top with Keegan 7 on the back. Suddenly I'm 16 and i'm Keegan on the field behind me hoose again. Just wish i was home in Newcastle waiting to go the temple tomorrow.

Fuck the rest of the land, the Geordies are dancing and smiling again, the rest of England be afraid, be very afraid.

My brother, 25, doesn't care much for Toon tops, but bought one yesterday and went to the metro centre with the bairn the neet to get King Kev 1 on the back of his top. My 9 year old nephew who doesn't really know much about KK when told the news was singing "Keegan" for ages over and over again. His mate, a team-mate in his team is now a Toon fan, swapping Liverpool.

Everyone is talking about KK. I got on the bus today and the old biddies are like "eeh it's great to have wor Kev back".

I am of course happy and while I'm not too confident that things will be a success, I'm of the mood "fuck it". I'm just going to enjoy it and milk it for all it's worth because it's not often you get to feel like this about things. The city is buzzing again and that's great, I agree with the Mayor about the economic impact KK's return will have on the City. I was out the other neet and there's a new buzz about the place for sure. Love it.

You seem rather positive on a lot of fronts HTT

I know & its great!!!!

He f****** annoyed me when he was pissed off & miserable over Sam. I dont know HTT personally but I like to think he is similar to me & all he wants to see is hope & once he sees that he builds his whole thought process around that.

Guest Knightrider
My 9 year-old nephew plays for a local junior side who are doing very well. Sadly half the team come to training in Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal tops and regard players like Ronaldo, Gerrard, Drogba and Fabregas as their heroes. What KK's return and with it KK mania will do is reverse that. I guarantee at their next training get together those kids will be wearing Toon tops and talking about NUFC and so will their parents. 

And so it begins. I was right.

My 9 year-old nephew plays for a local junior side who are doing very well. Sadly half the team come to training in Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal tops and regard players like Ronaldo, Gerrard, Drogba and Fabregas as their heroes. What KK's return and with it KK mania will do is reverse that. I guarantee at their next training get together those kids will be wearing Toon tops and talking about NUFC and so will their parents. 

And so it begins. I was right.

Brilliant. Can only be a good thing.

Whatever people say about KK. There is simply no other man alive that could do this to Newcastle

Guest Knightrider

If it all takes off again, there will be another waiting list for tickets and the stadium may need expanded again. That's for the future though. Or maybe not. Either way there is a real positive vibe where NUFC is concerned again, a huge interest that stretches beyond merely attending games and showing your support that way.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Pro Tom Cannon the prick was on SSN's before saying him and his crew estimate Ashley has made £80m already in signing KK.

:idiot2:

How did he justify this?

Pro Tom Cannon the prick was on SSN's before saying him and his crew estimate Ashley has made £80m already in signing KK.

:idiot2:

How did he justify this?

He's Professor Tom Cannon, he doesn't have to justify himself, he's beyond any of us!!!

He mentioned extra ticket sales, shirt sales, merchandise, sponsorship, but mainly press coverage. I'm guessing all over the world people are watching, i wasn't properly listening as he's a dick and was bleating on about Liverpool at first, if it comes back on i'll put on a better translation of it.