Keegan wants three players in the window, ready made prem stars

Guest Toon83

Hmmm since this season has already petered out into crapness, with not even a tiny cup run to look forward to, maybe Keegs should revisit his views on not wanting players who need to get used to the league. He has almost half a season ahead of him to play around with and blood new talent to the EPL. If he has his eyes on any overseas players and he's worried about them getting used to the EPL, now is the time.

Guest Novocastrian

Hmmm since this season has already petered out into crapness, with not even a tiny cup run to look forward to, maybe Keegs should revisit his views on not wanting players who need to get used to the league. He has almost half a season ahead of him to play around with and blood new talent to the EPL. If he has his eyes on any overseas players and he's worried about them getting used to the EPL, now is the time.

Good point, nothing to be lost by introducing foreign players now. We may even steal a march on some clubs who are waiting to pounce in the summer.

apologies if repeat post.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Newcastle boss Keegan promises 'Wow' signing

Newcastle United boss Kevin Keegan says if he is to make a signing this week it will force everyone to sit up and take notice.

"There's an evens chance of us getting one player in this week," Keegan told the Sunday Sun.

"To get two in now we'd be swimming the Channel, I think.

"But you never know, we might surprise ourselves and the last week of the transfer window invariably sees clubs make decisions which make you think: 'Wow, I never expected that.'

"We're only looking at Premier League players. We're not looking to bring anyone in from abroad unless they were really world-class and established, and invariably they don't come around in this transfer window."

Even Dimitar Berbatov has been mentioned as a possible target, despite a price tag of at least £30 million.

When asked about the Bulgarian star, Keegan insisted: "I wouldn't rule anybody out. We're looking at every team and I`m sure everybody else is looking at our players as well."

----------------------------

I guess Van Buten is ruled out as he`s not `world class and established`

and who exactly is looking at our players? :D

The brilliant thing about that article is that he doesn't say he promises a 'wow' signing and he says nothing about it forcing people to sit up and take note.

Some of the shit the press write is unbelievable

Guest DONTOONER

Give Us a PLayer that can pass the Ball in the middle of the park!!!

I really miss solano at right back.....he sorted us out when we had no one to calm down and spread play..