Keegan wants three players in the window, ready made prem stars

Guest Toon83

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1220102,00.html

King Kev:  I Want Ready-Made Premier Stars

KEVIN Keegan says he wants to recruit ready-made Premier League players who have no need of a settling-in period.

After the goalless draw against Bolton at St. James' Park which marked the start of his third spell with United, and second as manager, Keegan outlined his transfer needs.

He said: "What I would like to do is add to the players we've got ? but you've got to be tough in the Premier League.

"Sometimes players are fetched in and are not used to it. Some great players have struggled at first to get into it, such as Thierry Henry, when he came from Monaco.

"I prefer to bring in players who don't need settling in. But we've got some good players here - make no mistake about it.

"I want to bring in three players, I know who they are, but we'll have to see if they are available."

Keegan also said he knew all about the players he was inheriting at Newcastle United, despite almost three years out of the game.

"I've watched games, but haven't been in the stadiums to watch games. I knew about these players, and I knew about the Bolton players."

Any guesses?

Sadly, Defoe, SWP and Bridge IMO.

My view is that Defoe is too simliar to Owen but could be persuaded to get rid of Owen. That SWP would be a great addition but a hard one to get and that Enrique is a good player.

My view is that Defoe is too simliar to Owen but could be persuaded to get rid of Owen. That SWP would be a great addition but a hard oen to get and that Enrique is a good player.

Sounds to me like you're reading too much (i.e. anything at all) into what the rags say.

Guest Knightrider

People said Shearer and Sir Les were too similar. I wouldn't worry about KK playing to small similar strikers up front myself as he'll have them doing different things, Defoe would be used to get behind defences more while Owen will be used as a goal hanger. Assuming that's who he's after of course.

People said Shearer and Sir Les were too similar. I wouldn't worry about KK playing to small similar strikers up front myself as he'll have them doing different things, Defoe would be used to get behind defences more while Owen will be used as a goal hanger. Assuming that's who he's after of course.

They did have two quality wingers both supplying them with ammunition though, or at times anyways. I did love it when we played 4-3-3 on occasion as well though back then. :D

My view is that Defoe is too simliar to Owen but could be persuaded to get rid of Owen. That SWP would be a great addition but a hard oen to get and that Enrique is a good player.

Sounds to me like you're reading too much (i.e. anything at all) into what the rags say.

I hope i am Wullie.

In truth i dont think he will be after them 3 specifically but i'd put money on at least one of them being a target, hopefully SWP.

Guest Knightrider

They did have two quality wingers both supplying them with ammunition though, or at times anyways. I did love it when we played 4-3-3 on occasion as well though back then. :D

2-3-5 more like :D

Shearer/Ferdinand weren't a great partnership in the way Cole/Beardsley were, as in how both complimented each other and knew what the next was going to do. But they had the correct service so both just scored goal upon goal upon goal.

surely he can't use Henry as an example, if anything the lesson you learn about him is that it is worthwhile to be patient and not just go out and get an inferior player because they don't need to adapt in the short-term. likewise there is talent outside our borders that is too good NOT to make a quick impact, Elano and Petrov and neither of them were particularly expensive.

anyway i hope Berbatov is one, and that we aim to spend big and steal some of the 'stars' from similar teams to us, clubs like Villa, Everton, Spurs. not only does it strengthen us it weakens them.

I hope i am Wullie.

In truth i dont think he will be after them 3 specifically but i'd put money on at least one of them being a target, hopefully SWP.

I really don't see him going after the other two. They're all players who have been linked with us for the last three or four windows at least. Lazy journalism at its finest.

I think if proof were ever needed how much wank the journos talk, it's Jermaine Defoe. Last week, Harry Redknapp was set on making him his first signing for NUFC. Now Keegan is. What a load of shit.

I'd take SWP for sure, but I can't see Chelsea letting him go at present.

I dont think there will be any surprises here, Bridge, SWP and Defoe sound about right.

To be honest, would only want SWP, he'd play in a key position for us, not sure if his final ball is any good though.

Wouldnt mind seeing a bit of a surprise though.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1220102,00.html

King Kev:  I Want Ready-Made Premier Stars

KEVIN Keegan says he wants to recruit ready-made Premier League players who have no need of a settling-in period.

Any guesses?

I will make some wild guesses:

(1) Didier Drogba

(2) Mikel Arteta

(3) Micah Richards

Like I said, wild guesses.

Regards.

Ericz