Keegan wants three players in the window, ready made prem stars

Guest Toon83

Now Pablo Aimar - although this would again contradict what Keegan said in the Journal today as he has no Premiership experience:

Liverpool & Newcastle Interested In Real Zaragoza’s Aimar: Report

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is reportedly eyeing up a move for Real Zaragoza playmaker Pablo Aimar.

The 28-year-old Argentina international had played under Benitez at Valencia, but moved to Zaragoza in July 2006.

According to the Liverpool Echo, Benitez is alerted of the availability of Aimar and as such the Spaniard is weighing a swoop and with £9m reportedly being close to be available from Momo Sissoko’s immiment move out of Anfield, the Merseysiders could make the move before the transfer window shuts next Thursday.

Newcastle United are also reportedly interested in Aimar, who was once dubbed by Argentina legend Diego Maradona as his “legitimate successor as the world's best player."

just the kind of creativity that we would need , shame his injury record is atrocious

as much as i like butt's defensive ability, hes waaaay off on his passing. we need someone whos able to handle the ball and pass it. would love to see us hear out diaby, as he once again looked great against us today. this sort of DM is what we need most. it will mean so much for our offense as well. after that is a RW and a striker, as owen is S***. just look at how much a top notch striker does for arse!

if its someone we dont need, its chimpbonda. hes a good footballer, but a big clown, and were good on the RB now when beye comes back. its not worth the outlay for a good cover on RB.

Bentley would also be a massive force for us. would accept us giving up to 15mill for him. milner is to slow and hasnt got the edge.

VDV or diego would off course be welcomed!! zog has done a great job there, and if we give him the time in AM, he could really turn out to be a star for us. his movement and choosing when do dribble or not must improve massively.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Hope that's a typo.

as much as i like butt's defensive ability, hes waaaay off on his passing. we need someone whos able to handle the ball and pass it. would love to see us hear out diaby, as he once again looked great against us today. this sort of DM is what we need most. it will mean so much for our offense as well. after that is a RW and a striker, as owen is S***. just look at how much a top notch striker does for arse!

if its someone we dont need, its chimpbonda. hes a good footballer, but a big clown, and were good on the RB now when beye comes back. its not worth the outlay for a good cover on RB.

Bentley would also be a massive force for us. would accept us giving up to 15mill for him. milner is to slow and hasnt got the edge.

VDV or diego would off course be welcomed!! zog has done a great job there, and if we give him the time in AM, he could really turn out to be a star for us. his movement and choosing when do dribble or not must improve massively.

:yikes:

1.Diaby wouldn't leave Arsenal for us.

2.VDV or Diego would almost certainly reject us for better offers

3.N'Zogbia hasn't "done a great job" in central midfield, he's better on the wing.

Faye should be taking butts place in midfield as soon as he is back. a pacey rw/striker and a creative midfielder will do us good for this window

Faye is our best centre back, I would rather he played there!

Faye should be taking butts place in midfield as soon as he is back. a pacey rw/striker and a creative midfielder will do us good for this window

Faye is our best centre back, I would rather he played there!

Aye.

Faye is good, but i think maybe were hyping him to much. he hasnt looked like a vidic or toure, so really hope were not going to go down hard on him if hes not living up to the hype generated here during his absence in the ACN.

I dont think anyone is overhyping him. Fact is he IS our best centre back so why not play him there!?

On the flip side he is also our best DM, so why not play him there?

It depends on where you see the problems with our defence lie, i personally think the problems lie with te protection, many of of dfenders have good games yet we still conceded alot of goal. We conceded too much possession in the centre of midfiled and arent proficient enough in regaining it. Game against Bolton when we had huge amounts of possession because we kept the ball well and won it back easily, then take the game against arsenal where in the first half we won the ball well, and kept it well, even carved out a couple of chances, but collapsed in the second half when the posession wasnt kept even half as well, Butt and Zog disappeared in the second half.

If he plays in DM then it weakens all behind him. We've seen that without Faye in defence we just look turd. cacapa is poor when people run at him with power and looks worryingly poor under the high ball. Rozehnal just isnt a good enough defender and taylor, while being a good defender, is far too rash at times.

We need another Centre back and if fye is to become a dm then we may need 2.

Also the only time N'Zogbia looks dangerous is when he has the ball in space on the wing. Centre of the park is too crowded for him and doesn't suit his natural desire to take on everything thats tries to stop him

If he plays in DM then it weakens all behind him. We've seen that without Faye in defence we just look turd. cacapa is poor when people run at him with power and looks worryingly poor under the high ball. Rozehnal just isnt a good enough defender and taylor, while being a good defender, is far too rash at times.

Also the only time N'Zogbia looks dangerous is when he has the ball in space on the wing. Centre of the park is too crowded for him and doesn't suit his natural desire to take on everything thats tries to stop him

Cacapa is good enough for in my book, chances are with Faye in front of him no one will be running at him with power. Well thats the plan anyway, not sure why Roz gets so much flak to be honest, i havent been watching him closely but i think he lost a huge amount of condfidence when SA broke him and Tayl partnership up for no apparent reason. Has made a couple of mistakes, but i still think he has all the attribtures to be a quality defender, he needs to be partenered with a beast though, and Cacapa isnt a beast and Taylor doesnt know what he is yet.

Personally, if Faye played DM, with Cacapa/Roz and a Taylor who commits and blocks balls like Terry, then we'd have a winning partenr ship right there, those 4 have all the attributes and blends to be huge successes.

the major problem with our defence at the start of the year our quality defenders hadnt had much premiership experience (cacapa/roz). I think they have the right attributes but just needed time to learn, thats why i think everyone rates faye so highly not only of his attributes but also he knows the premiership. Well be right at the back just need time. That being said i wouldnt buy a left back or cover. Waste of money enrique will be class, again just needs time.

Cacapa is good enough for in my book, chances are with Faye in front of him no one will be running at him with power. Well thats the plan anyway, not sure why Roz gets so much flak to be honest, i havent been watching him closely but i think he lost a huge amount of condfidence when SA broke him and Tayl partnership up for no apparent reason. Has made a couple of mistakes, but i still think he has all the attribtures to be a quality defender, he needs to be partenered with a beast though, and Cacapa isnt a beast and Taylor doesnt know what he is yet.

Personally, if Faye played DM, with Cacapa/Roz and a Taylor who commits and blocks balls like Terry, then we'd have a winning partenr ship right there, those 4 have all the attributes and blends to be huge successes.

With Keegan out of the game so long, my initial instinct was that he should wait till the summer to make any serious moves in the transfer market. Fair play if he knows who he wants if he can get them, but I'd like him to wait till the African players are back so he can at least assess the squad properly and see where we need re-inforcements. How much does he really know about Beye for example? I'm not even really sure he's had a proper look at Enrique yet. You can't find out about a player in just a couple of weeks, he'll learn a lot more by the end of the season.

I'm a bit suspicious that KK's policy of looking at ready-made Premiership stars is down to the fact that he's been away from the game for a long while, and those are the only players he knows. I imagine that he's simply not had the time or opportunity to do any research into foreign talent.