Owen or Martins, why?

Kev
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I would take Martins any day,especially in a 4-4-2 system. Martins is the future, he has the pace and have to learn how to use it. If anything I think Keegan is the man who will get the best out of him. Martins have a killer shot, if he shoots more he will score more and gain confidence.

Keegan had to be either a brilliant coach or a brain surgeon to do this. But he is neither.

Anyway, are the people saying that Martins can learn to resolve his obvious deficits by good coaching the same who thought Bramble could overcome his concentration blackouts?

The usual I-support-a-17Million£-super-goal-machine-which-is-always-injured-and-a-f******-mercenary comment. Bored with them...

Your problem. I am not actually supporting Owen with my comment, but rather questioning where the belief that Martins can improve his game is coming from, because all this leg-humping is really boring me as well.

Btw - It's the transfer window, shouldn't you make up fake transfer news for "entertainment"?

Fake transfer news?

Ah, seems that I have mistaken you for Swissmagpie who was the source for the dodgy Roeder to Zürich, Behrami signing etc. rumours. I am sorry for that.

Who said Roeder to Zurich? What a joke! Wouldn't believe it for a second... No problem. I am kind of "un-nice". It's not my day today, sorry.

I would take Martins any day,especially in a 4-4-2 system. Martins is the future, he has the pace and have to learn how to use it. If anything I think Keegan is the man who will get the best out of him. Martins have a killer shot, if he shoots more he will score more and gain confidence.

Keegan had to be either a brilliant coach or a brain surgeon to do this. But he is neither.

Anyway, are the people saying that Martins can learn to resolve his obvious deficits by good coaching the same who thought Bramble could overcome his concentration blackouts?

The usual I-support-a-17Million£-super-goal-machine-which-is-always-injured-and-a-f******-mercenary comment. Bored with them...

Your problem. I am not actually supporting Owen with my comment, but rather questioning where the belief that Martins can improve his game is coming from, because all this leg-humping is really boring me as well.

Btw - It's the transfer window, shouldn't you make up fake transfer news for "entertainment"?

Fake transfer news?

Ah, seems that I have mistaken you for Swissmagpie who was the source for the dodgy Roeder to Zürich, Behrami signing etc. rumours. I am sorry for that.

Who said Roeder to Zurich? What a joke! Wouldn't believe it for a second... No problem. I am kind of "un-nice". It's not my day today, sorry.

No problem, just to cheer you up some entertainment from your (nearly) namesake...

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=42213.0

;)

Why on earth shouldnt a 23 year old be able to improve his game?  Tbf to the lad, he has the talent to become great(and dont start with the ameobi was a talent for 8 years etc etc). Martins has deadly pace, he can shoot hard with both his feets, so why shouldnt he be able with the right coaching to get a better first touch, and with games get his confidence back? -Some players when out allready saying King Kev is givin them cofidence by beeing who he is, sitting down with each one of them before the game and saying what he expects from them...

Fake transfer news?

No problem, just to cheer you up some entertainment from your (nearly) namesake...

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=42213.0

;)

hilarious... :-)

As Isegrim has said, he's spent 4-5 years at one of the biggest clubs in the world, playing alongside and under some of the best strikers in Europe over the last decade or so, in the most tactical league in the world where technique is paramount.

What makes you all of a sudden think the penny is going to drop and he's suddenly going to learn all the traits he should have picked up at Inter?

I honestly don't think its fair to judge either striker really. Look at the shit thats beeing called service for them. The ball is never played through the middle, we always just lose on the wings or some crap long ball. They are both players that definitely prefer the ball on the ground and quite simply thats not been happening for them. For me you gotta keep them both. Owen will come good if he gets a good run of games and gets the ball in and around his feet and infront of him. And Martins. Jesus its only his second season, he's only 22, ok he seems to be a bit psycho, but to get rid of him would be madness in my eyes. Surely he can only get better. Do we really want to sell a top prospect and then watch him become prolific for some other team. And once again, if we start playing football on the deck and through the middle (as well as out wide, I aint suggesting we forget that entirely) then he might look like he knows what going on.

To all the Owen fans, what does he really give to the team now? What is his strengts(im not talking about owen in the past, but owen today, the 2008 owen).

When was the last time Owen scored in the Premiership, I cant remember really. Lets take a look of Owen 2008 and his attributes.

- Pace: He doesnt have much pace left in him.

- Finnisher:  he isnt a class finnisher(he has always been overrated imo as a finnisher. When he had pace he had to have 10 chances to score one goal, but he had the  pace to make himself 10 chances). Can he even score from distance, does he have a long shot foot?

- Heading: He is a decent header, and that is maby his stronges attribute in his game today.

- Dribbling: He isnt a good dribbler, and doesnt often try to dribbel past the last man, when he does he often/always looses the ball.

- He is very much a one footed striker.

- Position: Many ppl say he is great to get in position, but why isnt he more involved in the game then? Has he such a brilliant footballbrain, that no one can read how he is running? - IMO to find the right space u have to have movement a lure the back line to get into position, Owen doesnt have this.

- Age: He doesnt have the age on his right side, and we should sell him while we maybe can get 10M for him.

- First touch: He has an decent first touch if he gets it on his right foot.

Take away the name OWEN and most of you people would have a go at him. If it was Shola Ameobi who layed like owen has done for us, ppl would have cried out for him to be sold.

Martins 2008 and his Attributes:

- Pace: He has lots of pace.

- Finnisher: an ok finnisher, can imporve much here.

- Heading: He is actually decent on his head, can challange big strikers cause he can jump very high

- Can use both foots

- Positioning: Very bad, and need serious coaching on this.

- Age: he is only 23, and has the future ahead of him. Selling him now would be a stupid move.

- First Touch: He needs to practice his first touch, and with the right coaching he will master this. And i think if he gets his confidence back, his first touch will improve.

So for me I would pick Martins any day over Owen. Tbh i think I would pick Smith over Owen too.

So for me I would pick Martins any day over Owen. Tbh i think I would pick Smith over Owen too.

:lol:

Owen over Martins. Actually looks like a footballer. Martins just looks like some fast lad hoyed onto a pitch. Doesnt seem to have any clue as to what runs to make, where to position himself etc.

Owen over Martins. Actually looks like a footballer. Martins just looks like some fast lad hoyed onto a pitch. Doesnt seem to have any clue as to what runs to make, where to position himself etc.

Owen looks like some jockey thrown on the pitch, wondering where his saddle is for 90mins & roaming around aimlessly looking for his horse.

Owen looks like some jockey thrown on the pitch, wondering where his saddle is for 90mins & roaming around aimlessly looking for his horse.

Amazing how mixed the feelings are amongst the fans with both of these 2 players. Basically, they're both a bit shit.

Owen looks like a midget who is paid to walk around in the pitch, and he doesnt excatcly, walk in to great positions either. Has he even had a shot on goal in his last 3-4 Premiership games? - U can add the FA cup game now against Arsenal as well.

Martins Has the ability to become a great player,and has much more to his game than owen has. Owen was a GREAT player, and looks like he will become the most overpaid crooked player since Winston Bogarde was in chelsea.

Oba is more of a goal threat and he does his own work, Owen is starting to piss me off a bit, no service? then try and create something yourself you lazy little fker!!

When was the last time Martins was a goal threat???

The last game for nigeria?  :frantic:

But when was the last time owen was a goal threat against a premiership side?  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oba is more of a goal threat and he does his own work, Owen is starting to piss me off a bit, no service? then try and create something yourself you lazy little fker!!

But when was the last time owen was a goal threat against a premiership side?  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The last game for nigeria?   :frantic:

I'm not talking about Owen though; I'm talking about the fact that Oba isn't actually a goal threat.

We need better than both Martins and Owen tbh.

PS, Owen had a good goal against Man United disallowed, as well as missing a one on one. That's 2 goal threats only 2 games ago ;)

I'm not talking about Owen though; I'm talking about the fact that Oba isn't actually a goal threat.

We need better than both Martins and Owen tbh.

PS, Owen had a good goal against Man United disallowed, as well as missing a one on one. That's 2 goal threats only 2 games ago ;)

I think Martins is a great prospect, and under Big Sam he was used wrong. He playd mostly on the right side, and it looked like the players wasnt allowed to shot from long range, something i believe is/was martins biggest strengt.  Get in a striker who can play up front with Martins. We need a type like Van Nistleroy, and I think it would be a great partnership.

Btw: isnt Martins our lead goalscorer this season?