Africa Cup of Nations

Decky

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Always good for the tournament when the home nation does well. That Kingston looked alright, put in a few good crosses.

But the pitch :iamatwat:. That took me back a few years.  :lol:

Always good for the tournament when the home nation does well. That Kingston looked alright, put in a few good crosses.

Whereabouts in Africa are you from?

The mental part where they all support Spurs.

The mental part where they all support Spurs.

Tottenham Court Road?

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Was born in Sierra Leone, managed to escape as a child and came over to England where i now work as a lawyer. Have family scattered round Africa though; Egypt, Nigeria and Cameroon.

Was born in Sierra Leone, managed to escape as a child and came over to England where i now work as a lawyer. Have family scattered round Africa though; Egypt, Nigeria and Cameroon.

Isn't that the same place Al Bangura escaped from?

Is Sierra Leone bad? I have only heard about it from the film 'Blood Diamond', a film where Leo says the line 'Listen my friend, I'll get the diamonds for you, huh' about fourty four times. Great film though. Looks a rough place tbh (someone gets their hands chopped off by the RUF)

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Yep, although for different reasons. He escaped because he became the head of some tribe and if he refused, he would have to be killed or something along those lines.

I escaped because I was being used as a child soldier and to be quite honest, wasnt particluarly impressed with being asked to kill others and risk death every time I went out.  :nope: After a few years, managed to escape.

Is Sierra Leone bad? I have only heard about it from the film 'Blood Diamond', a film where Leo says the line 'Listen my friend, I'll get the diamonds for you, huh' about fourty four times. Great film though. Looks a rough place tbh (someone gets their hands chopped off by the RUF)

Obviously, I'll be biased and say it was a beautiful country.  :yikes: But unfortunately, civil war has ripped the country apart. At my tender years, I just couldnt deal with it any longer.

Yep, although for different reasons. He escaped because he became the head of some tribe and if he refused, he would have to be killed or something along those lines.

I escaped because I was being used as a child soldier and to be quite honest, wasnt particluarly impressed with being asked to kill others and risk death every time I went out.  :nope: After a few years, managed to escape.

So how did you end up supporting Spurs? Or were you a fan before coming here?

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

It was when I came over, the people that looked after were massive spurs supporters and I just ended up supporting them too. All worked out well in the end I guess, although sometimes, wish they had been man utd fans or something, would save my embaressment most weekends.  :lol:

It was when I came over, the people that looked after were massive spurs supporters and I just ended up supporting them too. All worked out well in the end I guess, although sometimes, wish they had been man utd fans or something, would save my embaressment most weekends.  :lol:

So who's your tip to win the cup then?

We've got players out there, Martins with Nigeria and Beye and Faye with Senegal, we could do with getting back in a hurry although Geremi won't be missed with Cameroon. :lol:

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

So who's your tip to win the cup then?

We've got players out there, Martins with Nigeria and Beye and Faye with Senegal, we could do with getting back in a hurry although Geremi won't be missed with Cameroon. :lol:

Has Geremi been crap then?  :lol: I was desperate for us to sign him in ths summer.

In terms of the competition, it has to be the same old teams to actually win imo, although there could be surprises. Ghana as hosts, Ivory Coast and Nigeria obviously. Egypt, although they arent amazing in West Africa and maybe Cameroon(which apparently you'll be happy to hear) :shifty: all have an excellent chance of winning. I reckon Angola and Tunisia could cause a few shocks too tbh.

But if I was a betting man, I would bet on an Ivory coast Nigeria final. Then, its too close to call. The match tomorrow will be a great indication as to how they measure up against each other.

Have you got aids?

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Have you got aids?

Yep, and Im currently working on spreading it to every single one of my neighbours. i wouldnt like to meet you mate, lets put it that way but you sound a right hoot.

:rolleyes:

Have you got aids?

Yep, and Im currently working on spreading it to every single one of my neighbours.

Good luck with that.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Have you got aids?

Yep, and Im currently working on spreading it to every single one of my neighbours.

Good luck with that.

Cheers, i appreciate your support in these tough times.