Arthur Cox

ATB

Feels like a quite unnecessary thread. But I have wounder a while.

Who is Arthur Cox?

The only thing I know is that he is an old member of Keegan´s 92-97 backroomstaff. But since he is nearly 70 I´m woundering what he is supose to do. I got a feeling that he isen´t the most tactical pearson on this earth, so what is he supose to do?

Another Terry Mac that can bring new and more jokes?

It feels like Keegan nead better pearsons around him than old pals to suceed this time. I hope he will fix that.

ok.

Still. What is he supose to do? or have I got this all wrong?

Just going to help Keegan out for a while, will get on with things while Keegan is working on other things, someone Keegan knows and trusts.

Guest nufc 4 life

supposedly he's going to help with the recruitment of new players, i can't be bothered to find the quotes, but recrutiment is the mian reason he was brought in.

Who is Arthur Cox?

The only thing I know is that he is an old member of Keegan´s 92-97 backroomstaff. But since he is nearly 70 I´m woundering what he is supose to do. I got a feeling that he isen´t the most tactical pearson on this earth, so what is he supose to do?

It feels like Keegan nead better pearsons around him than old pals to suceed this time. I hope he will fix that.

Give me strength.  Do you know anything about the club you supports history? You'll be asking who Jackie Milburn and Joe Harvey were next.

Who is Arthur Cox?

GOD help us, if this is the level of ignorance of our 'new generation' of NUFC supporters!!

Some old people need to accept that probably over 25% of Newcastle fans weren't born when Cox was manager.

Me for example, I know he managed us, I know he signed Keegan and they became great friends, and I know he got us promoted, and later rejoined the backroom staff under Keegan, but anything else comes from Wikipedia.

Who is Arthur Cox?

Give me strength.  Do you know anything about the club you supports history? You'll be asking who Jackie Milburn and Joe Harvey were next.

Bit mean. Not everybody can be a grumpy auld sod.

Some old people need to accept that probably over 25% of Newcastle fans weren't born when Cox was manager.

Me for example, I know he managed us, I know he signed Keegan and they became great friends, and I know he got us promoted, and later rejoined the backroom staff under Keegan, but anything else comes from Wikipedia.

I can't. Do you know how old that makes me feel?

I can't. Do you know how old that makes me feel?

:lol:

Is born 1988 so I think I was a little bit to young then...

Can say that I know quite much about the history. But not anything about managers since Keegan...

I can never remember a time in my life when I 'only' mixed with people of exactly my own age. Particularly in relation to supporting NUFC, I (and everyone else, young or old, that I knew) always knew all about the current situation at the club, and all previous situations at the club  -  and ALL our famous players and managers.

I cannot understand why or how "when you were born" should have even the tiniest little influence on anyones level of knowledge about our club.  If you are a supporter, that is.

I know that it is sometimes regarded as 'cool' to act ignorant (amongst some people) but it cannot be regarded as 'cool' (surely) to post on a NUFC forum, and act IGNORANT about NUFC? (whether you were 'only-born-yesterday' or not . . .)

Is born 1988 so I think I was a little bit to young then...

Can say that I know quite much about the history. But not anything about managers since Keegan...

Own goal on your part methinks.

I didn't understand it. Is he saying he knows all the Stan Seymour Snr stuff, but nowt about, say, Kenny Dalglish?

Well, I was guessing he meant 'before'. Either way though....

I can never remember a time in my life when I 'only' mixed with people of exactly my own age. Particularly in relation to supporting NUFC, I (and everyone else, young or old, that I knew) always knew all about the current situation at the club, and all previous situations at the club  -  and ALL our famous players and managers.

I cannot understand why or how "when you were born" should have even the tiniest little influence on anyones level of knowledge about our club.  If you are a supporter, that is.

I know that it is sometimes regarded as 'cool' to act ignorant (amongst some people) but it camnnot be regarded as 'cool' (surely) to post on a NUFC forum, and act IGNORANT about NUFC? (whether you were 'only-born-yesterday' or not . . .)

Do I expect my children to understand my ramblings about Souness, Bellamy and Robert? No.

Dont think the original poster was trying to be cool, it was a genuine question.

Football is much less about generations and history these days, and it therefore isn't suprising a younger person doesn't know who Cox is, especially as Cox's achievements almost 25 years ago, aren't up there with the league challenges, and domestic and european cup runs we have experienced in recent years.