Mascherano - Worth a Punt?

BONTEMPI

how much did Tevez cost ?

Think he's still on loan mate.

OK. Must admit that price for Mascherano is a lot for a player in his position.

It's the in fashion position nowadays by the looks of it.

Guest Stephen927

It's not about whether he's "worth a punt", its about whether we can even attract a player like him to the club  :lol:

I agree with NE5, £17m or so for a defensive midfielder is a bit extortionate. Although he is top drawer.

Anyways.. enough dreaming..  :razz:

It's not about whether he's "worth a punt", its about whether we can even attract a player like him to the club  :lol:

I agree with NE5, £17m or so for a defensive midfielder is a bit extortionate. Although he is top drawer.

He's on loan from West Ham...

Guest Stephen927

Isn't he on loan from MSI or whoever?

But yeah, I get your point, he only really moved there to raise his profile and to hold out for a bigger move in England, like Tevez did.

Isn't he on loan from MSI or whoever?

But yeah, I get your point, he only really moved there to raise his profile and to hold out for a bigger move in England, like Tevez did.

Technically, yeah, MSI. I think. Who knows after what WHU and MSI got up to.

There might be a few more players like that out there, though. Obviously, they weren't going to stick around at WHU, what with Masch warming the bench the whole time and them coming within a corrupt decision of going down, but they might have stuck around at a club with European footie.

Guest king harry

Immense last night btw, best defensive midfielder we have had for a long time, we will be mad if dont lay out the money for him.