The all new official Albert Luque megathread

Guest Harry-Norway

To me Luque is worth holding on to - he is a fraction aaway from getting it right - and I think when he does he'll be quite a player

Oh mate what have you done here...You've just sinned man...Gemmil the Ronaldo fan boy will be labeling you "cluless" and will question your age and ask "how old are you"... :lol:

It is good you didn't mention anything agaist Duff because Gemmil gets a bit touchy when you criticise him and he would have jumped on your face...

Guest Ridzuan

To me Luque is worth holding on to - he is a fraction aaway from getting it right - and I think when he does he'll be quite a player

I couldnt agree more.

Guest The Fox

I couldnt agree more.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Guest Ridzuan

Solano should have been on instead of that WASTERFUL SELFISH DUFF...I'm sure we would have had a goal if Solano was on

I think Glenn wants to rest Solano for this weekend game.But regardless of who played yesterday,the main thing is now,we are through to the proper round of UEFA Cup.

I couldnt agree more.

Couldn't agree less.

He's only a "fraction" away from gettign right in the same way as Boumsong is a "fraction" away from beinbg one of the best defenders in Europe.

Whether he's a fraction away or a mile away from being a good player for us, the first thing he's got to do is make his mind up that he wants to make a go of it. There were two or three times last night where he seemed to duck out of challenges for fear of getting hurt. His whole approach seems to indicate that he'd rather be somewhere else, regardless of the ability that's buried in there.

Viana had the same kind of struggle in adapting to the English game, but at least you got the feeling that he was trying.

Guest Gemmill

Solano should have been on instead of that WASTERFUL SELFISH DUFF...I'm sure we would have had a goal if Solano was on

SLK so utterly clueless it's untrue. :lol:  I don't know what happens to the TV signal by the time it gets to Australia, but your claims that "Luque was at many occasions placed in great positions to have a shot at goal" are utter bullshit.

I'd stick to the Aussie rules if I were you because you clearly haven't much of a clue about football.

Surprised at Rob W saying Luque is only "a fraction away from getting it right".  Pretty top heavy fraction.

I don't normally comment on Luque because i've been trying to give him a try seen as he's not played many games but after watching him last night there is no real point in having him on the pitch. He may have some skills (yet to see them) and he may have a good shot (same as before) but he's a bloody lazy git. He walked round the whole of the pitch, he didn't run into new positions, he wasn't looking for where the ball would be going to, his positional sense stinks to be honest. I don't watch much Spanish football so I don't really know how he managed to get goals and score them in that league but he's never going to do it in our league unless he starts to move a bit, he was the same in the warm up before the match so I assume thats just the way he is but you need to be constantly moving in the Premiership, he's just going to be marked out of every game.

Guest Gemmill

I don't normally comment on Luque because i've been trying to give him a try seen as he's not played many games but after watching him last night there is no real point in having him on the pitch. He may have some skills (yet to see them) and he may have a good shot (same as before) but he's a bloody lazy git. He walked round the whole of the pitch, he didn't run into new positions, he wasn't looking for where the ball would be going to, his positional sense stinks to be honest. I don't watch much Spanish football so I don't really know how he managed to get goals and score them in that league but he's never going to do it in our league unless he starts to move a bit, he was the same in the warm up before the match so I assume thats just the way he is but you need to be constantly moving in the Premiership, he's just going to be marked out of every game.

Absolutely spot on.  Anyone trying to defend this bloke after last night....well, it beggars belief really. 

SLK so utterly clueless it's untrue. :lol:  I don't know what happens to the TV signal by the time it gets to Australia, but your claims that "Luque was at many occasions placed in great positions to have a shot at goal" are utter bullshit.

I'd stick to the Aussie rules if I were you because you clearly haven't much of a clue about football.

Surprised at Rob W saying Luque is only "a fraction away from getting it right".  Pretty top heavy fraction.

Well maybe on TV you get to watch the players better as there is a video technology called REPLAY while your very good self might need a binoculars to see the players properly and find out how Duff looked like headless chicken with his running and little end product...WASTEFUL SELFCENTRED super hero Duff...

Well maybe on TV you get to watch the players better as there is a video technology called REPLAY while your very good self might need a binoculars to see the players properly and find out how Duff looked like headless chicken with his running and little end product...WASTEFUL SELFCENTRED super hero Duff...

I take it your either 1) Not a fan of Duff or 2) A massive Nobby fan. Duff did ok he did some running down the right which scared the crap out of there defence, the problem was when his end ball came into the box there was nobody there which meant he ended up having to take it even further himself. I felt Duff and Millner linked up very well and were constantly changing position which help confused their defence and allow us to attack even more. My one worry is now we only really have Martins to play up front, he needs a good partner.

Mate...This wasn't a premier league game...This was supposedly a European type of game...The problem is any team including pub teams can (if I can use Jose Murinho line) park their bus in front of goal and make it difficult for the opposit team to get something out of the game...Add on top of that our wonderful selfish midfield who play like they are bunch of kids in a park everyone wanting to score himself...Even that idiot Carr kept trying from distance as if he think himself is Zidane or something...

Duff was embarrasing those poor Latvians for fun. Got into good positions

with sheer pace and skill, which is something that Nobby cant do. I was very impressed by him even

though the opposition was piss poor. Wasterful and selfish.. get a grip. bluesigh.gif

Guest Gemmill

Mate...This wasn't a premier league game...This was supposedly a European type of game...The problem is any team including pub teams can (if I can use Jose Murinho line) park their bus in front of goal and make it difficult for the opposit team to get something out of the game...Add on top of that our wonderful selfish midfield who play like they are bunch of kids in a park everyone wanting to score himself...Even that idiot Carr kept trying from distance as if he think himself is Zidane or something...

You're talking shit.  Our midfield ran the game last night.  Everyone apart from you can see that because your only concern is that you don't feel they passed the ball to Luque enough.  Luque was NEVER in a position to take a pass because he offered nothing in the way of movement.

The midfield was the best thing about our play last night but they were badly let down by the bloke up front.  You, astonishingly, see things in complete reverse of this.  Open your eyes ffs.

They can but it makes it even harder to get the ball when you stand at the edge of the box for the whole 90 minutes and walk round the pitch. Luque was marked by a bloke bigger than him which is why Luque was getting balls to his feet towards the start of the match, but because he hadn't ran to move away from his marker he had the ball taken away almost straight away. If he moved a little he could have got away from his defender giving him time to turn or lay the ball off to another player. The players on the pitch saw that the ball to feet wasn't working so they started getting the ball out to the wings more through Duff and N'Zogbia who in turn put in some good crosses right into the 6 yard box and the keeper didn't even get them. Our problem was we didn't have anyone making runs into the 6 yard box. There was so many times Luque could have ran to the front post to get the ball but he didn't he stayed at the exact same spot every time. If you get the chance to watch the match do it and watch where Luque is on every single attack.

I'm a season ticket holder I've seen Luque play plenty and he always plays like this when I've seen him, and like I said this is why he won't make it in the top flight. The midfield had no choice but be selfish, they had nobody to get on the end of the balls upfront.

with sheer pace and skill, which is something that Nobby cant do. I was very impressed by him even

though the opposition was piss poor. Wasterful and selfish.. get a grip. bluesigh.gif

Some of you are so easily pleased :lol: mate football is not about passing players and doing fu*k all...His end product was nothing...He was guilty of wasting so many chances by smacking it in front of millions of players standing in the way between him and the goal as if he thought so how the ball will actually go through those players' bodies and come out in the net on the other side :lol:

What about his crosses...They were embarrasing...Solano would have pissed on him with his pin point crosses...Just because he can be a circus clown passing one, two or three players doesn't mean he is now creating chances for the team...So yes today he was the most wasteful selfish shooting happy player on NUFC side...

Ive also noticed certain match reports claim Milner was meant to be upfront, he rarely was, he was dropping back into midfield loads to pick up the ball and try and make runs and set people up, N'Zogbia was the bloke I felt sorry for, he was wide open so many times but the play was focused down the right most of the game, at one point Young Zoggy got in a proper strop and was jumping up and down cause he'd been ignored when he was wide open. Hopefully Roeder will have spotted this and get the team to switch the ball more and use both wings like when we had Gillespie and Ginola.

Some of you are so easily pleased :lol: mate football is not about passing players and doing fu*k all...His end product was nothing...He was guilty of wasting so many chances by smacking it in front of millions of players standing in the way between him and the goal as if he thought so how the ball will actually go through those players' bodies and come out in the net on the other side :lol:

What about his crosses...They were embarrasing...Solano would have pissed on him with his pin point crosses...Just because he can be a circus clown passing one, two or three players doesn't mean he is now creating chances for the team...So yes today he was the most wasteful selfish shooting happy player on NUFC side...

His job was not the end product his job was the set up for someone to finish, we had nobody to finish unfortunatly and nobody getting in to positions for his crosses.

I couldnt agree more.

Couldn't agree less.

He's only a "fraction" away from gettign right in the same way as Boumsong is a "fraction" away from beinbg one of the best defenders in Europe.

Ha, totaly agree, its scary how some just can't come out and admit that Luque is dreadful and he is turning out to be the biggest wasted transfer ever!

Excuses like - "he's not playing in the right position" and " it takes time to adjust" are total b*llocks after a while - does Duff moan about going on the right wing or Milner getting shunted around everywhere (who had a top game in my opinion for a non striker) and I see that Berbartov from Spurs has taken a long time to adjust - ha - face it we have been well and truly diddled - we have a supposed 'non striker' who is going to be played as a striker, who has no pace, no physical strenght and from the looks of it no passion, desire or committment.

Oh by the way, we were playing a poor team tonight - what the hell will happen if Luque has to play against some top defenders who really will give him a hard time????

What worries me greatly is basically we have two strikers this season - Martins and Ameobi - both of which have never been prolific and one of which seems to have a recurring hip problem that will keep him out of a number of games each season.

And we are looking at Gravesen??????

His job was not the end product his job was the set up for someone to finish, we had nobody to finish unfortunatly and nobody getting in to positions for his crosses.

Duff's "end product" was supposed to be proper crosses and good passes to Luque and he achieved none of that...actually he was so poor with his crosses and so wasteful with his constant shooting at walls of players in front of him..He was either blind or doesn't understand that a ball can not travel through players' bodies...