The all new official Albert Luque megathread

Guest Harry-Norway

Lets put things in perspective: its only his first 90 minutes in god knows how long, and the first poor performance after a string of promising ones, not to mention that he was never going to look good playing alone upfront. Give the abuse a break already.

No - I was there and he was dreadful, he's been dreadful since he arrived and I'm entitled to say it!

and I suppose you must have went into a coma when he played against PSV and Lillistron home leg. Luque didnt play well yesterday but for people to say that he has been like that since the beginning is just unfairly exaggerating things. By all accounts, he didnt play much last season and this was his first poor game of this season

No - I was there and he was dreadful, he's been dreadful since he arrived and I'm entitled to say it!

and I suppose you must have went into a coma when he played against PSV and Lillistron home leg. Luque didnt play well yesterday but for people to say that he has been like that since the beginning is just unfairly exaggerating things. By all accounts, he didnt play much last season and this was his first poor game of this season

i haven't seen one good performance from him yet tbh and certainly nothing tat would go anywhere near justifying his £10m price tag.

i want him to succeed but i can't see it happening.

Back to Luque's topic...

I don't understand why some of you are making him a scapegoat for our lack of goals last night ? I mean how good was Duff in front of goal when he had the best chance to score and missed it...What about Milner ?

Don't get me wrong I am NOT saying by any stretch of imagination that Luque had a decent game...NO...But it is not mainly his fault because:

1) Luque is NOT an out and out striker...He is an attacking midfielder/Left Winger...And that is why we saw him struggling in the role of an out and out striker because he is NOT

2) Service to Luque was CRAP...most of our midfield players looked like not wanting to pass to Luque when on a number of occasions he was available and east to pass the ball to...How on earth do you expect a player playing a role of a LONE striker to score without having the service ?

Luque was bought to replace Robert on the left wing but because of his long layoff last season because of injury that left wing position was taken by N'Zogbia...However I can also see Luque playing in the same position Dyer plays...Just behind the striker(s) because he is creative and skillful and can burst from the middle of the park and go foward and score like Dyer used to do...

Does anyone think that Ameobi was great in the first leg away to this Lativian side when we only managed to score one goal and that came from none other than our CB Bramble ? Why didn't anyone say something about Ameobi then ? Do you think having the whole 11 players behind the ball would have been no problem for Ameobi last night and he would have actually scored ? Don't get  carried away with Ameobi's goal last weekend against Wigan when it was actually all N'Zogbia's work and if the keeper hadn't spilt the ball Amobi wouldn't have had that chance to score and let me tell you even my dog could have scored that one so Luque would have done the same thing...

Back to last night's game and I remember few years ago at one game when SouMess had to use Robert as a striker because of injuries and suspension to our other strikers and he did nothing because it was not his natural position...

Also how many times when we played 4-5-1 and Shearer was the lone striker, he did sh*t and couldn't get away from his markers even though being the experienced legendary striker of Shearer statue you would have expected  better but then some of the idiots here expect a player playing out of his real position like Luque to excel as an out-and-out striker...

When greedy selfcentred players like Duff and the rest start passing the ball to Luque and if he doesn't score then come and talk about Luque not being good enough...

Duff and the rest of the midfield do NOT understand what the word SERVICE means because any striker without being given the ball is NOT going to SCORE...Not even Alan Shearer would have scored with that kind of selfish play by the midfield players...

They were like kids everyone wanting to score himself without thinking for the good of the team...Errr especially Duff...Soooo angry at him...

did you ever see luque pulling into space asking for the ball, cos i didnt?

luque wasnt interested. an example, perfect ball across the box by duff, and what the hell was luque doing?  he shouldve been throwing himself at it.  and even greedy midfielders does not give  a player bad touch

When greedy selfcentred players like Duff and the rest start passing the ball to Luque and if he doesn't score then come and talk about Luque not being good enough...

Duff and the rest of the midfield do NOT understand what the word SERVICE means because any striker without being given the ball is NOT going to SCORE...Not even Alan Shearer would have scored with that kind of selfish play by the midfield players...

They were like kids everyone wanting to score himself without thinking for the good of the team...Errr especially Duff...Soooo angry at him...

luque wasnt interested. an example, perfect ball across the box by duff, and what the hell was luque doing?  he shouldve been throwing himself at it.  and even greedy midfielders does not give  a player bad touch

Mate Luque was miles away from that cross...So in other words Duff's cross was inaccurate and that is how he was most of the game last night...His end product was poor...

You think Duff would have done better as a lone out and out striker yesterday ?

Back to Luque's topic...

I don't understand why some of you are making him a scapegoat for our lack of goals last night ? I mean how good was Duff in front of goal when he had the best chance to score and missed it...What about Milner ?

Don't get me wrong I am NOT saying by any stretch of imagination that Luque had a decent game...NO...But it is not mainly his fault because:

1) Luque is NOT an out and out striker...He is an attacking midfielder/Left Winger...And that is why we saw him struggling in the role of an out and out striker because he is NOT

2) Service to Luque was CRAP...most of our midfield players looked like not wanting to pass to Luque when on a number of occasions he was available and east to pass the ball to...How on earth do you expect a player playing a role of a LONE striker to score without having the service ?

Luque was bought to replace Robert on the left wing but because of his long layoff last season because of injury that left wing position was taken by N'Zogbia...However I can also see Luque playing in the same position Dyer plays...Just behind the striker(s) because he is creative and skillful and can burst from the middle of the park and go foward and score like Dyer used to do...

Does anyone think that Ameobi was great in the first leg away to this Lativian side when we only managed to score one goal and that came from none other than our CB Bramble ? Why didn't anyone say something about Ameobi then ? Do you think having the whole 11 players behind the ball would have been no problem for Ameobi last night and he would have actually scored ? Don't get  carried away with Ameobi's goal last weekend against Wigan when it was actually all N'Zogbia's work and if the keeper hadn't spilt the ball Amobi wouldn't have had that chance to score and let me tell you even my dog could have scored that one so Luque would have done the same thing...

Back to last night's game and I remember few years ago at one game when SouMess had to use Robert as a striker because of injuries and suspension to our other strikers and he did nothing because it was not his natural position...

Also how many times when we played 4-5-1 and Shearer was the lone striker, he did sh*t and couldn't get away from his markers even though being the experienced legendary striker of Shearer statue you would have expected  better but then some of the idiots here expect a player playing out of his real position like Luque to excel as an out-and-out striker...

Of all your posts on this thread, I can agree with that one. No point defending Luque's performance yesterday but those bashing him should also at least have the decency to acknowledge that he isn't an out and out striker especially not one who leads the line, the way he was forced to play yesterday. Luque plays in a 4-3-3 left forward position and since I can't ever see us playing that under Roeder, the only position he can play for us is a forward behind the main striker. Both Milner and Luque were supposed to stay in the box yesterday, its such an irony that the one who did anything but stay in the box is getting rave reviews whereas the one who did stay in the box despite that not being close to his game is getting all the stick. I bet if Luque was to drift out wide and interchange positions with Zoggy the way Milner changed positions with Duff he would have looked great too. Instead he is beeing butchered for following Roeder's instructions.

Guest Shotgun Mick

I personally thought Luque was a disgrace last night. He cannot even control a pass into his feet. he was totally anonymous against a team who would struggle in our conference. Embarrassing.

I personally thought Luque was a disgrace last night. He cannot even control a pass into his feet. he was totally anonymous against a team who would struggle in our conference. Embarrassing.

How many times did he get a pass for you to say that ? Some of the passes when a blue moon came and recieved one were not perfect either...

Also can't a player have an off day in your book ? Shearer never had an off day ? Any player can have a day like that...It was his first 90 minutes game for god sake and to slate him like this as if he has been doing this everytime is plane stupid...

When he is on form not many can scored the goal he scored against Lillstrom...I honestly think Luque needs to play behind a striker as an AMF same as Dyer does...Or on the LW if possible and he will do much much better and be more productive...This is just isn't his natural position same as SouMess thought Dyer can be a striker and that proved how stupid SouMess was...

Guest teepee

How many times did he get a pass for you to say that ? Some of the passes when a blue moon came and recieved one were not perfect either...

Also can't a player have an off day in your book ? Shearer never had an off day ? Any player can have a day like that...It was his first 90 minutes game for god sake and to slate him like this as if he has been doing this everytime is plane stupid...

When he is on form not many can scored the goal he scored against Lillstrom...I honestly think Luque needs to play behind a striker as an AMF same as Dyer does...Or on the LW if possible and he will do much much better and be more productive...This is just isn't his natural position same as SouMess thought Dyer can be a striker and that proved how stupid SouMess was...

honestly mate - do you ever stop???

Guest Gemmill

http://www.courthouseawarenessnews.com/Archives%20of%20campaign%20for%20county%20judge/Ostrich%20head%20in%20sand.jpg

SLK watching the match.

Mate if you have nothing to add, please don't post...Thanks...

Guest teepee

Mate if you have nothing to add, please don't post...Thanks...

i'd like for you to stop - can i add that  :lol:

my point is that you're going round in circles by now - i generally respect you defence of luque (and to a degree agree, he could still become a good footballer again), but repeating your "hyperactive-attitude-approach" towards the matter is hardly adding anything either.

Guest ckmuzza

I can specifically remember that cross and Luque actually went back the other way and was on the back foot so he couldn't get to the cross. Luque had a very poor game today, his first touch was way off but I honestly do believe he was trying.

As for the Duff situation although he did "terrorise" the defense most of his final balls were either shots blasted wide or blasted into the defender. Like SLK I thought he was very selfish today. Hopefully when we have Shola and Martins back into the lineup he looks to be putting in crosses for them instead of opting for the long range shot.

Luque had a bad game last night but he did show some promising runs and intelligent play that the rest of the team didnt understand.  He started well but soon disappeared.

Milner (his partner in crime) was playing the exact same game and only had a decent game because he drifted outwide and took over duffs role.  If he stayed up front with luque then it would mean we werent just playing a lone striker.  AND for those who said luque didnt suceed in his strikers role, did milner score?!

Yes a bad game but I feel along with Martins, the intelligent play will be seen and the opposition will be baffled - please just one more chance, a proper chance aka a new start!

I've watched the entire bloody thing again and my opinion's the same: Duff was great and Luque was pap. If anything, it seems Luque was hiding at times. Duff was absolutely everywhere and if anything probably wasn't selfish enough.

Guest Shotgun Mick

I would say about 6 or 7 times he miscontrolled a simple pass and lost possesion. This is unacceptable for a professional and supposedly international striker. 

Yes Shearer had off days but even if he did he would never hide and would always show for the ball. Luque did this less and less and by the end was practically hiding.  Also if you played the ball into Shearer's feet you would know that 99 times out of 100 he would control it and keep possesion. Luque looked out of his depth against a team of part timers.

I don't care if he was played out of position, even though no-one knows his favoured position as he has been gash on the left, up front on his own, up front with Shearer or Shola, this is no excuse for not being able to control a football or put in a 'performance' like he did last night.

Guest Knightrider

Not even I could defend his performance last night. He has to do better, a lot better, but I'd still like to see him get a run of games before I write him off. I think we'd all like to see him do well and it's looking like for that to happen, conditions have to be perfect and that just doesn't happen at Newcastle so it's not looking good.

Yes he played as a centre-forward last night and a lot of the balls played into him weren't his type of balls but he could have got himself much more involved outside of the box where as his lack of movement inside the box contributed towards our inability to put the ball into the back of the net.

Back to Luque's topic...

Of all your posts on this thread, I can agree with that one. No point defending Luque's performance yesterday but those bashing him should also at least have the decency to acknowledge that he isn't an out and out striker especially not one who leads the line, the way he was forced to play yesterday. Luque plays in a 4-3-3 left forward position and since I can't ever see us playing that under Roeder, the only position he can play for us is a forward behind the main striker. Both Milner and Luque were supposed to stay in the box yesterday, its such an irony that the one who did anything but stay in the box is getting rave reviews whereas the one who did stay in the box despite that not being close to his game is getting all the stick. I bet if Luque was to drift out wide and interchange positions with Zoggy the way Milner changed positions with Duff he would have looked great too. Instead he is beeing butchered for following Roeder's instructions.

Milner isn't an out and out striker but his work rate, movement and general game was excellent, he put himself about, tried really hard and quite frankly deserves credit - Luque on the other hand doesn't.

Oh and I don't think Luque has had any decent games and your defence of him and excuses is beginning to sound like someone clutching at straws.

Not even I could defend his performance last night. He has to do better, a lot better, but I'd still like to see him get a run of games before I write him off. I think we'd all like to see him do well and it's looking like for that to happen, conditions have to be perfect and that just doesn't happen at Newcastle so it's not looking good.

Yes he played as a centre-forward last night and a lot of the balls played into him weren't his type of balls but he could have got himself much more involved outside of the box where as his lack of movement inside the box contributed towards our inability to put the ball into the back of the net.

This is precisely it. I know he's not a striker and all that but you reckon he must've felt a bloody plum standing in the box for 90 minutes doing sod all. Everyone else was involved and looking for the ball. Milner was looking for the ball EVERY time. His movement was ten times that of Luque.

Guest Gemmill

Luque had a bad game last night but he did show some promising runs and intelligent play that the rest of the team didnt understand.  He started well but soon disappeared.

Milner (his partner in crime) was playing the exact same game and only had a decent game because he drifted outwide and took over duffs role.  If he stayed up front with luque then it would mean we werent just playing a lone striker.  AND for those who said luque didnt suceed in his strikers role, did milner score?!

Yes a bad game but I feel along with Martins, the intelligent play will be seen and the opposition will be baffled - please just one more chance, a proper chance aka a new start!

The claim that Luque does things that his teammates don't understand is bollocks tbh.  Unless by that you mean they don't understand how a Spanish international can be so utterly shit.  That's the same thing people were trying to claim about Kluivert and it was bollocks then too.