No signings = relegation?

Guest Brazilianbob

This board is seperated between two types of people. Those who are looking at the past and complaining about why we are in this situation and those who are trying to remain positive to help the club stay in the league.

If you predicted that we would be dragged into the dog fight then good for you but please just get the "i told you so" out the fucking way because it is doing absolutely nothing to help.

in my experience i told you so is the only reason most people post here

Would Keegan buy another striker when he had Owen back fit and Martins away at the ACN who he'd never even seen in the flesh?

I've not seen enough of Barnes to say whether he would have changed us, but he's hardly been making the headlines has he?

I know those are only examples btw.

it's what i said earlier dave - by his own admission he chose to stick with owen and smith, he chose it

defoe scored again at the weekend (3 now?) and hindsight is easy in that respect...defoe probably wouldn't have come anyway and might have been a classic bad signing for us, but to stick with owen given the injury problems he's had was tantamount to standing on the chair and putting the noose around your neck

i only mention barnes as he was bid for, but he's fast/athletic/energetic/can shoot and so on...combine him with a big imposing athletic defensive mid we might have had something...as it is we're being over run in midfield 'cause barton and butt aren't good enough

derby wanted 5-6m i think?  since when did we care about fees that size? 

a manager should be able to see all of this, why didn't ours?

Tron - Keegan said he seen Barnes as one for the future and would have liked to have got him here if he had got his other first team targets, that suggests he see's him as potential for the future rather than our saviour this season.

This board is seperated between two types of people. Those who are looking at the past and complaining about why we are in this situation and those who are trying to remain positive to help the club stay in the league.

If you predicted that we would be dragged into the dog fight then good for you but please just get the "i told you so" out the f****** way because it is doing absolutely nothing to help.

it's a fucken discussion board mate, wouldn't be much kop if all anyone posted was "howay the lads" would it?

If you predicted that we would be dragged into the dog fight then good for you but please just get the "i told you so" out the f****** way because it is doing absolutely nothing to help.

it's a fucken discussion board mate, wouldn't be much kop if all anyone posted was "howay the lads" would it?

"WERE GOING TO GET RELEGATED!!!!!11111111"

"Told you this would happen"

"were shit, our board is shit and our fans are shit blah blah"

That's not discussion, that's ranting and points scoring by some of our fans. The same bunch who believe negativity is the road to superfanism. i.e the more negative you are about everything to do with NUFC, the more a fan and knowledgeable football supporter in general they must be.

BTW, this aint directed towards you mate, it just grinds my gears thats all.

Tron - Keegan said he seen Barnes as one for the future and would have liked to have got him here if he had got his other first team targets, that suggests he see's him as potential for the future rather than our saviour this season.

Fair enough, but if we rate him, it might have made sense to get him in in January. He would have added another option for the sake of a couple of million.

Fair enough, but if we rate him, it might have made sense to get him in in January. He would have added another option for the sake of a couple of million.

The morale boost alone would of been worth it.

Terrible decision to offer peanuts, especially when they had fuk all else in their sights since KK has been living in Narnia for the last 3 years.

"were s***, our board is s*** and our fans are s*** blah blah"

That's not discussion, that's ranting and points scoring by some of our fans. The same bunch who believe negativity is the road to superfanism. i.e the more negative you are about everything to do with NUFC, the more a fan and knowledgeable football supporter in general they must be.

conversely that's what boils my blood about the "howay the lads" brigade, you can't discuss our problems 'cause it means you're not a real supporter (not directed at you i might add too)

suppose me opening this up is utterly pointless in hindsight but i've been away since january and was reminded of the shite being spouted back then about our current predicament being impossible (even by spurs fans for christs sake!)

relegation battles follow the same pattern EVERY year, for anyone think that derby/fulham/reading/brum etc...would not improve significantly on their points totals in january must be drinking something i wouldn't mind getting my hands on right now...our fixtures told their own story

the whole thing reminds me of us blowing the 12 point lead under keegan...only at the other end of the table obviously, fixtures were weighted against us that season too but noone chose to see it til it was all over

The morale boost alone would of been worth it.

Terrible decision to offer peanuts, especially when they had fuk all else in their sights since KK has been living in Narnia for the last 3 years.

:laugh:

"were s***, our board is s*** and our fans are s*** blah blah"

conversely that's what boils my blood about the "howay the lads" brigade, you can't discuss our problems 'cause it means you're not a real supporter (not directed at you i might add too)

suppose me opening this up is utterly pointless in hindsight but i've been away since january and was reminded of the shite being spouted back then about our current predicament being impossible (even by spurs fans for christs sake!)

relegation battles follow the same pattern EVERY year, for anyone think that derby/fulham/reading/brum etc...would not improve significantly on their points totals in january must be drinking something i wouldn't mind getting my hands on right now...our fixtures told their own story

the whole thing reminds me of us blowing the 12 point lead under keegan...only at the other end of the table obviously, fixtures were weighted against us that season too but noone chose to see it til it was all over

In that case i can understand your anger but i think you will appriciate the fact that noone is under any illusions anymore. We are in a relegation fight and i'd realy like our fans to talk about solutions not past problems.

I personally still dont think we will get relegated but we shouldn't have even been talking about it.

Guest Brazilianbob

thought it was worth digging this up to see if any of the smart fuckers predicting it 'totally impossible' we could go down have anything to say now? 

start back at page one and read some of the s*** posted onwards, embarrassing man; would make you laugh if it wasn't fucken pitiful

What kind of thing is that to say? How the f*** could anyone have known back then that we would still not have won a game and would be 3 points off the bottom?

Cos we're s****?

I knew as soon as we didn't sign anyone in Jan we were f*****!

Should have paid the going rate for Barnes! Also should have tried for Defoe plus a defender.

All the muppets that said we shouldn't panic buy! I hardly think those targets were panic buys, just Mort f***** around for to long we ended up with nothing.

If we do go down this season, how f****** stupid will we look for not trying to strengthen?

Spend 10m in Jan or go down? I know which would cost us more.

Can you give me Saturday's Lotto numbers please, smartarse. You 'knew' eh? Yeah, right.

As the person who started this thread I think it is only right that I interrupt this argument and point out that in my opinion it wasn't "rocket science" to see that we were heading for freefall even back in January.

You only had to look at the performances against the poorer sides to know we would struggle against the better sides when we played them. After that it was simple, we lose to top and middle table sides, struggle to pick up anything at home and away against the bottom sides and it doesn't take a genius to work out that we would be near the bottom of the table come May.  I call it detached realism, I don't allow my love for the club to colour my football judgement, unlike some, who seem to think by going into denial it won't happen. 

In that case i can understand your anger but i think you will appriciate the fact that noone is under any illusions anymore. We are in a relegation fight and i'd realy like our fans to talk about solutions not past problems.

I personally still dont think we will get relegated but we shouldn't have even been talking about it.

do we have any solutions?  keegan is perhaps the most one dimensional manager there is...if plan a keeps failing we're relying on other teams being worse

i also think we'll stay up as it happens, but i'm terrified what will take place if we do

thought it was worth digging this up to see if any of the smart fuckers predicting it 'totally impossible' we could go down have anything to say now? 

start back at page one and read some of the s*** posted onwards, embarrassing man; would make you laugh if it wasn't fucken pitiful

What kind of thing is that to say? How the f*** could anyone have known back then that we would still not have won a game and would be 3 points off the bottom?

Cos we're s****?

Should have paid the going rate for Barnes! Also should have tried for Defoe plus a defender.

All the muppets that said we shouldn't panic buy! I hardly think those targets were panic buys, just Mort f***** around for to long we ended up with nothing.

If we do go down this season, how f****** stupid will we look for not trying to strengthen?

Can you give me Saturday's Lotto numbers please, smartarse. You 'knew' eh? Yeah, right.

As the person who started this thread I think it is only right that I interrupt this argument and point out that in my opinion it wasn't "rocket science" to see that we were heading for freefall even back in January.

You only had to look at the performances against the poorer sides to know we would struggle against the better sides when we played them. After that it was simple, we lose to top and middle table sides, struggle to pick up anything at home and away against the bottom sides and it doesn't take a genius to work out that we would be near the bottom of the table come May.  I call it detached realism, I don't allow my love for the club to colour my football judgement, unlike some, who seem to think by going into denial it won't happen.

So people were not allowed the opinion that we might improve under KK? (which we have in some ways)

Really it does just sound like "I'm the best" attitude.

Cos we're s****?

oh, this....

do we have any solutions?  keegan is perhaps the most one dimensional manager there is...if plan a keeps failing we're relying on other teams being worse

i also think we'll stay up as it happens, but i'm terrified what will take place if we do

If we stay up?

I'm just praying we will be in this league next year and i have no doubts we will be a very good side the year after. In all seriousness after watching the Blackburn game, we will score goals and we will win games.

Barnes hasn't exactly kept Derby afloat. 10 points is it?

We should have signed him for the sake of it, apparently.

Injured for the 1st 3 months or so wasn't he?

You expect a kid to keep a Championship squad in the Premiership?

Guest Brazilianbob

You must be well satisfied now Bob. I'm bumping this when we stay up like :razz:

Bump it all you like pal!  I really hope I am wrong and we do stay up

If we stay up?

I'm just praying we will be in this league next year and i have no doubts we will be a very good side the year after. In all seriousness after watching the Blackburn game, we will score goals and we will win games.

in this event, given A LOT of money keegan will make us able to beat the shit teams again and compete against the upper mid table ones, agreed...which in fairness is all you need to compete for a european place really

what bothers me is the moment he's here he's talking up the players we all know aren't up to it for whatever reason - duff, barton, butt, owen, viduka, SMITH, SHOLA!!!!! to name a few

i have no faith he'll get rid of any of them, and that's what needs to happen for this club to progress, seeing as we're talking about solutions for the future...

his faith has been very publicly placed in duff/owen/smith/butt/barton and it's failed, horribly

do you honestly think he'll ship them?  any of them?

They dont even rate him enough to play him every week either.

point made earlier that they're also shit and score no goals, perhaps barnes SHOULDN'T be on the bench?  just perhaps?