No signings = relegation?

Guest Brazilianbob

We've just appointed a new manager, who is to say that we will not be on the up soon?

Because we're Newcastle United and we haven't signed anybody in this transfer window and Keegan's already been in charge for a whole 11 days and there's no sign of improvement, he hasn't won in two, we haven't scored any goals, we're crap at defending, he's past it and nobody knows who he is because every footballer in the world today was born in 1997 and Alan Shearer said no to us and he's our only hope of succeeding and our owner only wants money and won't buy anybody and we're gonna get relegated then get relegated again and keep going until the club fades out of existence.

:idiot2:

Nothing will be done anyways until the usual rush on the last day.

I firmly believe Kev will bring in 3, perhaps 4 - possibly 2 of them being loans.

I can definitely see Derby, Sunderland, Fulham, Wigan, Birmingham, Bolton, Reading and Boro all having unbeaten ends to the Premier League season, thus all finishing above us as we will not get another point.

You need a f****** life if you think we'll get relegated :lol: Lighten up lads, you're allowed to be even slightly positive.

But they wouldn't NEED to be unbeaten, for God's sake !!!!!

Just getting a couple of wins while we're getting beat - you don't seem to be aware that THAT'S WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING ALREADY !  :kasper:

We've just appointed a new manager, who is to say that we will not be on the up soon?

Because we're Newcastle United and we haven't signed anybody in this transfer window and Keegan's already been in charge for a whole 11 days and there's no sign of improvement, he hasn't won in two, we haven't scored any goals, we're crap at defending, he's past it and nobody knows who he is because every footballer in the world today was born in 1997 and Alan Shearer said no to us and he's our only hope of succeeding and our owner only wants money and won't buy anybody and we're gonna get relegated then get relegated again and keep going until the club fades out of existence.

:idiot2:

:lol:

Some people need to remember what happened when Roeder took over from Souness.  We were even lower in the league, around 14th I believe.  That season we finished 7th.  We've not had a decent run of form this season, and it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that when Keegan gets back Beye, Martins and Faye that we will see some better football and form.  It's been glum for a while, yes, but it’s too early to assume that we will never be able to reproduce any positive form for the remainder of the season AND get relegated as a consequence.  There’s 15 games to go and another 45 points to fight for, lets get behind the team instead of prematurely shitting our pants and half expecting relegation.  Jesus, despite our s*** form for months, we are still on par with Spurs points wise.  Are the Spurs fans contemplating relegation?

January must be the most difficult time to sign anyone, because clubs usually only sell if they can replace who they are selling.  Most clubs don’t want to sell as they know it may be difficult to sign a replacement.  There is still time for a player or two to come in, however if we don’t get anyone in I’m happy that we’ve got some quality players returning from African Cup.

That would be Spurs, who were bottom of the table until that appointed a top European manager? The difference being they're on the up, and we're on the down.

Yep, we might. No guarantee that we will though.

Relegation IS still a possibility, but people seem to be blind to that fact purely because we appointed Keegan.

By the way, it is actually possible to be 100% behind the team whilst at the same time thinking we have a chance of relegation.

Relegation IS still a possibility, but people seem to be blind to that fact purely because we appointed Keegan.

People aren't 'blind' to the possibility of relegation because of Keegan, people just find it hard to believe that there are more than 3 teams below us that are better than us. You don't get relegated for losing games, the people below you actually have to win as well.

People aren't 'blind' to the possibility of relegation because of Keegan, people just find it hard to believe that there are more than 3 teams below us that are better than us. You don't get relegated for losing games, the people below you actually have to win as well.

:thup: :thup:

Please, everybody....stop the negativity!

Yes relegation mean the bottom 3, but for fucks sake it IS NOT GONNA BE US, accept it!  :tickedoff:

There are worse teams below us, who have failed to go on unbeaten runs so far, that will get relegated. We have the same shite every year at this point in the season. We will not go down, in fact i believe we are far more likely to get into the top half.

When we get Martins, Beye and Faye back we will be ALOT stronger, Keegan will love Martins and i reckon vice versa. I can see Martins going on a great run of form for us and we will pick up points, we will finish with about 40 odd points this season at least. To say we wont and that Sunderland, Fulham, Wigan or Boro will finish above us is mental.

Well it's all sorted then. According to this thread both Martins and Geremi will be transformed from useless tossers to top class footballers, and we'll finish top half.

So why are we even talking about trying to sign players, when we only need those 2 back?

Love the optimism guys, wish I could share it :(

Would this thread have appeared if we'd got a result yesterday btw? In the Cup. Away. Against the joint Premier League leaders.

The day Keegan was appointed manager, people were screaming for a strengthening of the squad. This thread has "happened" because of the Woodgate story, not the Arsenal result.

By the way, in case anyone is getting me wrong... I'm not saying we WILL go down, I'm saying that we COULD.

Well it's all sorted then. According to this thread both Martins and Geremi will be transformed from useless tossers to top class footballers, and we'll finish top half.

So why are we even talking about trying to sign players, when we only need those 2 back?

The same Martins that saved us from relegation last season scoring 17 goals in a dog shit team with a dog shit manager and set up? Martins is quality and i am fully confident he will do very well under Keegan.

Would this thread have appeared if we'd got a result yesterday btw? In the Cup. Away. Against the joint Premier League leaders.

Thing is though, we even out played them in the first half and that seems to have gone un-noticed. If we played like that for 90mins in our remaining games we would finish in europe never mind relegation.

Obviously i'm not suggesting that will happen but it puts some perspective on some of these comments.

The same Martins that safed us from relegation last season scoring 17 goals in a dog s*** team with a dog s*** manager and set up? Martins is quality and i am fully confident he will do very well under Keegan.

hear hear.

Geremi isn't the shite player people make him out to be either. He's just lost his legs ;)