No signings = relegation?

Guest Brazilianbob

Someone earlier in the thread posted a list of teams who we are better than, nearly all of whom took points off us. I've now posted a form table, which puts us second bottom.

Which form table are you referring to?

The one I posted on the previous page ;)

http://www.footballanorak.com/FA-Barclaycard-Premiership-Form-Guide-0.html

Based on the last 6 games, isn't that quite a random number to base it on??

Guest Knightrider

Shearergol do you think we're going to get relegated then?

Have you read any of my posts?

I've said I think Bolton will be the third team to get relegated (with Derby and Fulham) but it's likely that without improving our squad (specifically the midfield) then we'll be dragged into a battle.

So basically, no, you don't think we will be relegated either. Like the majority of the responses in this thread...

I don't think we're good enough to guarantee that we won't. I think we'll finish much closer to the bottom 3 than we will to the top 7. Where do you think we'll finish?

I think we'll finish anywhere from 15th to 10th. As for relegation, of course it isn't impossible, but it's highly improbable. Epecially when you factor in just how poor those below us really are. We are not a good team ourselves but we are better than those below us. I think we'll be OK myself.

Gol, what I don't understand is that you are posting in other threads about how we can't attract people and that nobody of a high enough calibre will want to come here. Yet in here you're saying that we need these players to avoid a relegation scrap. So who are you criticising?

Someone earlier in the thread posted a list of teams who we are better than, nearly all of whom took points off us. I've now posted a form table, which puts us second bottom.

Ok, another random number.

Last 14 games:

Won = 2

Lost = 8

Drawn = 4

Is that better?

Our form is shite. How can you even argue with that??

Gol, what I don't understand is that you are posting in other threads about how we can't attract people and that nobody of a high enough calibre will want to come here. Yet in here you're saying that we need these players to avoid a relegation scrap. So who are you criticising?

In the other threads I'm posting that we can't attract the likes of the top European midfielders (VDV, Diego etc). People are saying we shouldn't be looking at the likes of Defoe, Lita, Koumas etc. I personally think we should.

Not a chance of us going down.

Derby, Bolton, Fulham, Sunderland, Wigan and Boro all much worse than ourselves.

We also have a new manager so no more shit tactics.  If we play like we did yesterday we will win a lot more matches than the teams below us will.

In the other threads I'm posting that we can't attract the likes of the top European midfielders (VDV, Diego etc). People are saying we shouldn't be looking at the likes of Defoe, Lita, Koumas etc. I personally think we should.

I don't see how that type of player significantly improves us though, to the point of keeping us out of a relegation scrap.

And even if they do, what do we do next year? Are they the type of player that will help us look up the table? Allardyce was sacked when mid-table, the board obviously want better than that. Will buying other (lower-league) clubs' squad players acheive this?

It's got nowt to do with the personnel, fucking obviously. If we get the players performing to their potential we're fucking miles better than the majority of teams below us.

Exactly the point I'm trying to make.

Lita and Koumas are both players who can't get their game at teams below us. Fail to see how pissing God knows how much up the wall on overrated Brits is going to do us any good. We'll be back to square one before long.

It's got nowt to do with the personnel, fucking obviously. If we get the players performing to their potential we're fucking miles better than the majority of teams below us.

Exactly the point I'm trying to make.

I don't agree.

Geremi, Barton, Emre, Smith, Butt - not a decent central midfielder amongst them. None of them have creative ability (although no doubt the Emre fans will claim that one day he'll just come good).

Guest MaetihS

A good manager makes all the difference. I love KK but would have preferred a Ramos or any of the European names we were linked for the good of the club. Just look at Spurs..they are flying and will not surprise me one bit if they win the two cups this season. We have really lost ground on Spurs....

A good manager makes all the difference. I love KK but would have preferred a Ramos or any of the European names we were linked for the good of the club. Just look at Spurs..they are flying and will not surprise me one bit if they win the two cups this season. We have really lost ground on Spurs....

Such as?

Guest MaetihS

Spurs haven't any new personnel - how come they're suddenly playing well?

They already have a better team than us. The new personnel is the Manager while we get an obviously romantic (but wrong) appointment in KK. Really depressed...watching Spurs giving a good game aga Man U (something that I do not think we can do it against teams like that), makes me thing we are really falling away from the likes of Spurs which were not as good as us just a while back ago. Not surprised Woodie rejects us. I think someone in the forum has said that the sale of Dyer, JJ, Bellamy and retirement of Shearer spells the downfall of the club, saying despite their weaknesses, they are still class players and we are deluded thinking we can attract better players than them. This guy's words are coming true.

Ok, another random number.

Last 14 games:

Won = 2

Lost = 8

Drawn = 4

Is that better?

Our form is s****. How can you even argue with that??

But on that form we'd finish above all the teams currently below us :)

Because they are Spurs, destined for great things. We are Newcastle everything about us is shite.

We got:

Shite players

Shite manager

Shite fans

Shite owner

Spurs got:

Best manager ever

Best players ever

World greatest fans

A long term plan

They're doing well at the moment, nothing more, you make it sound like they're Arsenal, Manure or Chelsea FFS.

Guest MaetihS

They're doing well at the moment, nothing more, you make it sound like they're Arsenal, Manure or Chelsea FFS.

at least they are on track.

They already have a better team than us. The new personnel is the Manager while we get an obviously romantic (but wrong) appointment in KK. Really depressed...watching Spurs giving a good game aga Man U (something that I do not think we can do it against teams like that)

Where you watching the Arsenal game yesterday?  We gave Arsenal just as much of a good game in the first half, wait until the end of the game at least :lol:

at least they are on track.

But we aren't on track after two games under Keegan, one of which was against Arsenal at the Emirates..  How many games has Ramos had at Spurs?  Common man stop being silly here.