Who is worse? Smith or Ameobi?

LooneyToonArmy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Despite being gash Ameobi has scored goals for us in the Premiership and Europe. All Smith has done since he's been here is prove what a very average player he is. He doesn't look like scoring at all.

Stick Ameobi in with Owen and put Smith in the reserves

Guest lebowski

Despite being gash Ameobi has scored goals for us in the Premiership and Europe. All Smith has done since he's been here is prove what a very average player he is. He doesn't look like scoring at all.

I thought when Ameobi came on last night we were much better for it. He at least had a shot on target which I think may have been the only one all night. Agree that Smith has looked awful though, initially I thought it was because Allardyce wanted him playing deeper to help defend, but he hasn't looked any better for KK either.

No, get rid of both, and get actual decent players in. NEITHER are good enough.

I think it's been firmly established that neither are good enough but unfortunately, until the summer, these are the tools with which we have to work.

Would you rather we played Owen up front on his own?

I'd rather we had a club that had the fucking sense to have bought decent players by now, bearing in mind they must be absolutely STUPID to think the ones they have are anywhere near good enough.

I'd not play either of those two though, they're laibilities.

Neither are the main problem. Owen is just not offering us enough. I wouldn't pick a player who contributes so little just because once every half dozen games he's finally going to beat the offside trap and score.

Neither are the main problem. Owen is just not offering us enough. I wouldn't pick a player who contributes so little just because once every half dozen games he's finally going to beat the offside trap and score.

But if we played NONE of the players who genuinely offer very little, we'd have no-one at all to start up front.

A big clearout in the summer is what is needed. Our 3 previous managers have lumbered us with a load of players who are nowhere near good enough, and i include Owen in that. Unless someone puts it on a plate for him he doesn't score - that's not my idea of a potent striker.

The problem with having so much crap in the squad is that it's making even our good players look shit.

Get rid of the following:

Owen

Carr

Rozenhal

Butt

Geremi

Ameobi

Viduka

Cacapa

Barton

That leaves us with

Emre (Still don't think we've seen what he can do)

Beye (Class)

Faye (Solid)

Taylor (Excellent prospect)

Enrique (Backup left back)

Milner (Backup right winger)

Duff (Class)

N'Zogbia (Class)

Martins (Dangerous if used correctly)

Plug the gaps left with real quality and we can start kicking on. If we really do have aspirations of getting back among the big boys we need to be ruthless.