Keegan is

Guest K9

What are you basing this expected upturn on?

He might base it on what Keegan did to our form when he was here last time, he might base it on the transfer record of Keegan when last here.  He might base it on the way we've tried to play recently and the fact that he'll (Keegan) have time during the next couple of weeks to work with the players, and get to know those who he's hardly been able to work with so far.

I think another one of our problems is the 'vocal' kiddies supporting the team out there who don't really remember Keegan's last run in charge - we were a lot worse than this for the end of the season the last time he started with us, he didn't really start work properly until that following summer when he bought his own players in and got them all working to his ideas. We were only ever going to be treading water til the summer, I really wish the knobbers out there would stop playing in to the presses hands and just have some faith that everything will fit in to place once this season's out of the way - get out there and get supporting your team you wasters.  :rolleyes:

That's the f****** past man.

It's 2008, not 1992.

You must be one of them then? If not then you must have a real short memory.

I'm 18, so no, I wasn't really around, but I've heard all about it.

However, I'm still a dedicated fan and have been since I could talk.

I want whats best for the club, and I'm not sure KK is it.

I do hope he proves me wrong though.

He might base it on what Keegan did to our form when he was here last time, he might base it on the transfer record of Keegan when last here.  He might base it on the way we've tried to play recently and the fact that he'll (Keegan) have time during the next couple of weeks to work with the players, and get to know those who he's hardly been able to work with so far.

Although I thought you were overall at best average in the first half (better than us, mind), for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here, one thing I did think during that half was that you were showing distinct signs of being organised and trying to play decent football.

The bloke who sits behind me (miserable cunt, it must be said) was screaming about "they're trying to play football, we're hoofing it", and he had a point, I thought you passed the ball around quite well in the first half. There didn't seem to be any outlet for it up front, but although a 4-1 defeat is never a good result, there were some signs of better things to come in the performance, i thought.

Although I thought you were overall at best average in the first half (better than us, mind), for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here, one thing I did think during that half was that you were showing distinct signs of being organised and trying to play decent football.

The bloke who sits behind me (miserable cunt, it must be said) was screaming about "they're trying to play football, we're hoofing it", and he had a point, I thought you passed the ball around quite well in the first half. There didn't seem to be any outlet for it up front, but although a 4-1 defeat is never a good result, there were some signs of better things to come in the performance, i thought.

The problem being, we've had the same signs against Bolton, the same signs in parts against Arsenal, and the same signs against Boro.

'Signs' aren't good enough, especially when in the next performance we go back to playing shit.

So he's basing it on what a man who left 10 years ago did. There's at least as much evidence pointing the other way too.

I think another one of our problems is the 'vocal' kiddies supporting the team out there who don't really remember Keegan's last run in charge - we were a lot worse than this for the end of the season the last time he started with us, he didn't really start work properly until that following summer when he bought his own players in and got them all working to his ideas. We were only ever going to be treading water til the summer, I really wish the knobbers out there would stop playing in to the presses hands and just have some faith that everything will fit in to place once this season's out of the way - get out there and get supporting your team you wasters.  :rolleyes:

Excellent post!

Guest smarty2006

Scary f*ckin times right now, every one of the remaining games are brick hard now, even against the dross!

Its imperative we take care of the teams below us, I am personally sh*ttin myself :kasper:

Smarty

I think you have every right to be s........ yourself.

Keegan (a self admitted non tactician) allied to a (what appears to be) no.2 Terry McDermott, alias the clown, spells disaster for me.

I said it when Ashely appointed the bloke, BIG MISTAKE and I see no reason to change my mind. If we avoid relegation this year, it will be by the skin of our teeth and we will all be having heart attacks right up until the last minute of the season, especially with our last two games being at home to Chelsea and away to Everton.

If we go down, KK will be off, like most of the players and we will have to start all over again.

I see very little light at the end of the tunnell.

Guest Ridzuan

Im going to be honest here,when I heard Keegan was going to be the new manager,I was least impress to be honest.With all due respect to what he has done in the past,but now we have to think about the present and the future.I know its too early to judge him and he has to inherit the same kind of players that Big Sam played with,so Im going to judge him base on my views yesterday.I think he was wrong not to bring on Viduka when we was 2-1 down and worst still sat him out for the entire match.And I thought he should have played Enrique instead of Carr no matter how much he doesnt rate Enrique.But right now,this season,I am happy as long as we stay in the league,I dont expect much.

Last time out, Arsenal were managed by Rioch, Liverpool by Evans, Spurs by Ardiles/Francis, Aston Villa by Little, etc.

This time out, all of the teams we were better than have much much better managers.

I just wonder which Premier League players will have watched us this season and really want to join the club in the Summer.

KK has a massive job on his hnads and i really doubt whether he has the ability to do it.  :undecided:

I see very little or no improvement on Allardyce reign.

Still picking Smith for starters ......

It's not even been a month since Keegan came in.

Players are obviously still used to Allardyce's football and players Keegan has arent even those he brought.

WHAT DO YOU f****** EXPECT?!

You mean like the Spurs players took a month to 'get used' to Ramos' football..???

I just wonder which Premier League players will have watched us this season and really want to join the club in the Summer.

KK has a massive job on his hnads and i really doubt whether he has the ability to do it.  :undecided:

It's not even been a month since Keegan came in.

Players are obviously still used to Allardyce's football and players Keegan has arent even those he brought.

WHAT DO YOU f****** EXPECT?!

You mean like the Spurs players took a month to 'get used' to Ramos' football..???

to be fair jol had spurs trying to play football,ramos has them more organised.....i cant even describe what allardyce was trying to do.

Guest battyleespeed

Smarty

I think you have every right to be s........ yourself.

Keegan (a self admitted non tactician) allied to a (what appears to be) no.2 Terry McDermott, alias the clown, spells disaster for me.

I said it when Ashely appointed the bloke, BIG MISTAKE and I see no reason to change my mind. If we avoid relegation this year, it will be by the skin of our teeth and we will all be having heart attacks right up until the last minute of the season, especially with our last two games being at home to Chelsea and away to Everton.

If we go down, KK will be off, like most of the players and we will have to start all over again.

I see very little light at the end of the tunnell.

My feelings exactly. What was worse was the timing of all this... since supposedly we have little fear of relegation why not keep Allardyce till end of the season and just let him get some bargains during January transfer window. The squad had stagnated and lost confidence but had Allardyce been allowed to bring in some new blood that alone would had changed the atmosphere and dynamics of the existing squad which would had in all likelyhood transferred to improved performances and regaining of some confidence.

Appointing KK seems to have based more on feelings rather than rational thinking. Only logic I can see in his appointment is that fans will be giving him more time than other managers and that he has experience how our fans behave.

Guest optimistic nit

Your not really a supporter through thick and thin, are ya mate?

To be fair the Gunt is one of the true hardcore supporters on here, so you're talking plop.

Pardon me, in his posts you must agree there isn't a lot of support he may attend all the games but there is a thing as unfair criticism and giving a guy time. 

Keegan has a huuuuuuuge job on his hand.  Our team can't play the football he wants - fact.  Not his team.

and we're you defending allardyce as much as you defended keegan? crumpy is very negative, but at least he isn't a hypocrite, and he doesn't get swept up in the moment. he is being negative, but then he was negative to souness, roeder and allardyce, and how many positives have there been in keegans reign so far? seriously? you say give keegan time, were you saying the same about allardyce? i very much doubt it, so how you can lecture crumpy i don't know. there's been fuck all to be optimistic about with keegan so far, i'm going to give him time, but i also gave allardyce time and roeder as well, even though i was not happy with either appointment, as i was not happy with keegan's.

The thing is, there's no difference between the results of Keegan and the results of Allardyce.

The difference is in the 'signs' and the intent. We look like we're improving and we're becoming more organised and a better passing side; something we never got the indication of under Allardyce.

Change takes alot of time. The difference between KK and Big Sam is that under KK, you can see the hints that things are gradually improving.

The thing is, there's no difference between the results of Keegan and the results of Allardyce.

The difference is in the 'signs' and the intent. We look like we're improving and we're becoming more organised and a better passing side; something we never got the indication of under Allardyce.

Change takes alot of time. The difference between KK and Big Sam is that under KK, you can see the hints that things are gradually improving.

Exactly

Agree with that. I want to see from Keegan though what Allardyce never showed me - the ability to learn from his mistakes. Allardyce persisted with things that clearly didn't work; I need to see that Keegan isn't the same. Hence my thread yesterday about dropping the underperformers.

How can conceding 4 goals in a half be a sign of things improving? ???

Firstly, it's 'gradually' improving.

Secondly, I didn't say we were really good now. We're still shit and we have a crap defence, but we're passing better and the 1st half was a sign of how we're getting better day-by-day.

He can't perform miracles.

Secondly, I didn't say we were really good now. We're still shit and we have a crap defence, but we're passing better and the 1st half was a sign of how we're getting better day-by-day.

No, quite right he cant perform miracles and it would be daft to think he can turn things around straight away. I hope you are right about the signs and to be fair we did look quite good in the first half but there is a distinct lack of quality in the squad.

Secondly, I didn't say we were really good now. We're still s*** and we have a crap defence, but we're passing better and the 1st half was a sign of how we're getting better day-by-day.

No, quite right he cant perform miracles and it would be daft to think he can turn things around straight away. I hope you are right about the signs and to be fair we did look quite good in the first half but there is a distinct lack of quality in the squad.

That's the overwhelming problem like. The distinct lack of everything in the squad. It's like we're a team of plastic manikins at times.

We need to do some serious spending this summer. If KK doesn't get the money, we're fucked pretty much.