Lucho González - Porto

Oscar Cardozo - Benfica

Jermaine Jones - Shalke 04

Heurelho da Silva Gomes - PSV Eindhoven

Johnny Heitinga - Ajax

Ivan Rakitic - Shalke 04

Rasmus Lindgren - Ajax

Should be possible.

Lindgren is still to prove himself at Ajax, not even close to our national team and he's only had a few good games for Ajax. Don't think he's good enough.

Lucho Gonzalez though is fantastic. So is Rafinha of Schalke, but he's probably heading for something better, as is Gonzalez.

The only reason Lindgren hasn't played for the swedish national team (yet) is because we have a complete fool as manager. Lagerbäck doesnt even go to Holland to watch the players, he just sends his own Terry Mac, Roland Andersson, to do it. And to be honest, what does he know..?

John Arne Riise isn't good enough for Newcastle. His career is seemingly beginning to go downwards and he doesn't perform on the level he did for Liverpool a couple of seasons ago anymore. Buying him will be stupid.

John Arne Riise isn't good enough for Newcastle. His career is seemingly beginning to go downwards and he doesn't perform on the level he did for Liverpool a couple of seasons ago anymore. Buying him will be stupid.

Sounds like No.1 on our transfer criteria. Owen Mk.II

I'd be more than happy with this team:

Given

Beye      Taylor      Zapata      Enrique

Carrick      Huddlestone

Milner                                                N'Zogbia

Owen

Crouch

I'd be more than happy with this:

...........................Jaskelainen

Beye...............Faye............Heitinga.................Bridge

..........Bentley...Huddlestone...Drenthe

...........Walcott......Ashton.....Martins

Can't see it happening though.

Guest GAMMELL

I'm fairly sure Johnny Heitinga has signed a pre-contract agreement with Atletico Madrid mate.

Having said that, We can only dream of that team you've picked out. Looks class mind  :pow:

except that Jaaskewhatever is having a worse season than Robinson, Ashton is not better than Viduka and just as match fit and Walcott is not good enough yet.

Walcott will be at Arsenal his whole career, there's absolutely no chance on earth he would come to us.

I like Ashton though, if he could stay fit and lose some weight he could be Viduka's replacement.

except that Jaaskewhatever is having a worse season than Robinson, Ashton is not better than Viduka and just as match fit and Walcott is not good enough yet.

Really?  If I was a Newcastle fan, I'd have a fit Ashton in the team ahead of any of your strikers bar Martins.  I would have thought the only question mark is his ability to stay fit, not his ability in general.

Really?  If I was a Newcastle fan, I'd have a fit Ashton in the team ahead of any of your strikers bar Martins.  I would have thought the only question mark is his ability to stay fit, not his ability in general.

well, maybe he's better than Viduka, cause he's younger and more physical.. but i've developed an irrational disliking for bleached footballers, which may cloud my judgment..

oh and Koumas :lol:

well, maybe he's better than Viduka, cause he's younger and more physical.. but i've developed an irrational disliking for bleached footballers, which may cloud my judgment..

Whoever could you mean? :lol: :lol:

Koumas, he's world class man - better than Ronaldinho! Same goes for Jimmy Bullard.

Jussi has exactly the same weaknesses as Given and is having a bad season, bizarre choice. Same goes for Walcott who has shown nothing at Arsenal.

Ashton has been gash since he came back from his broken ankle. I wouldn't touch him.

Jussi has exactly the same weaknesses as Given and is having a bad season, bizarre choice. Same goes for Walcott who has shown nothing at Arsenal.

Yeah, i doubt having the two quickest players in the Premier League up front would have any effect at all. Scrap that idea!

Yeah, i doubt having the two quickest players in the Premier League up front would have any effect at all. Scrap that idea!

Bollocks to what. Let's just hire a couple of Olympic sprinters instead.

Bollocks to what. Let's just hire a couple of Olympic sprinters instead.

?

Van der Sar, Kusczack (sp) and Foster.

Three keepers, one regular first team place, one regular bench place, and one out in the cold.

All three are better than Given and Harper. We should sign one of them.

There's no point in being quick if you don't know what to do with the ball. Walcott is a genuine pace merchant.

He's a lot more than a pace merchant.

Before he moved to Arsenal from Southampton he was awesome - some of the goals he scored were top drawer.

Problem is he's faltered since he went to Arsenal. Probably something to do with being played on the wing, pressure of playing for a top four premiership team, pressure of a big price tag etc.

Even so,he's done enough to earn a call up into the national team so he can't be doing too badly.

He's a lot more than a pace merchant.

Before he moved to Arsenal from Southampton he was awesome - some of the goals he scored were top drawer.

Problem is he's faltered since he went to Arsenal. Probably something to do with being played on the wing, pressure of playing for a top four premiership team, pressure of a big price tag etc.

Even so,he's done enough to earn a call up into the national team so he can't be doing too badly.

Some of the goals Chopra scored in the championship were top drawer. I really don't think he's very talented tbh. And the national team ain't a great measure of talent, afterall Phil Neville has 59 caps.