Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Anton Ferdinand is s****. He gets favourable press because of his surname and the club he plays for. There, I've said it.

Totally agree.

I remember him getting linked with Barcelona the other year :lol:

I really dont understand the slating that taylor gets at times. he is 22 and has had to play with bramble and doomsong. he has scored 5 goals and shows glimpses of class. has one or 2 errors but apart from that i think he is solid. if he played for another team you would be wanting to sign him.

I really dont understand the slating that taylor gets at times. he is 22 and has had to play with bramble and doomsong. he has scored 5 goals and shows glimpses of class. has one or 2 errors but apart from that i think he is solid. if he played for another team you would be wanting to sign him.

I think its because of the praise he gets from outside the club people seeing him as our only good defender a future England player but he isnt anything special and i would be suprised and disappointed if we didnt sign a better CB this summer

So we are are back to it being the faults of others for him not progressing?

Guest VegasToon

I'd take that deal, ship 60k off the wages, get a young defender in who could improve.

Agree.  He is still shit, but Duff is shittier.

Guest Deep456

I'd take that deal, ship 60k off the wages, get a young defender in who could improve.

Agree.  He is still s***, but Duff is shittier.

I still rate Duff. Anton is just shit.

Guest MaetihS

MaetihS - Who / what in our current squad / set-up do you actually like?

Genuine question.

Players that i like: Martins, Beye, Faye, Owen (if he is fit), Lua Lua (has high hopes for him)

Players that i feel are just not good enough: Taylor, Smith, Barton, Duff, Carroll (worried if he is our backup striker)

Players borderline on my list: Enrique (potential), Geremi (despite his faults, dressing room influence and seem to win with him on the side put him as an ok player), Viduka (brilliant on his day).

Players that i feel are realistic to bring in to improve our squad: Larsson, Nolan, Diouf, Steed, O'hara, Darren Bent and to be more ambitious but hard to attract; Aimar, Benayoun, that Russian wingback, Zirykov (spelling?), or any unknown playmaker that can actually pass and create.

Guest MaetihS

Since i am familiar with Lique 1, will be elated if we are interested and sign Obertan from Bordeux. Young, pacy, creative winger that can play as a fw. been impressed with him last season whenever he played. doubt our scouts know of him....:(

Guest Deep456

O'Hara ffs. That bugger's still at White Hart Lane now trying to get up from when Oba left him flat on his arse.

Lol that was clever of you. :lol:

Edit- Nevermind.