Aiden McGeady

Guest sicko2ndbest

Cuellar maybe?

aye its him

trey cried a lot for him to Osasuna in the summer so maybe he is great

I am sure there were Spanish tears in Mallorca the day Marcelino left. I am sure there were Spanish tears in Coruna  the day Luque left. I am sure there were Spanish tears in Vila-real the day Enrique left.

The difference being that Cuellar has already adapted to the British style of play. Ok, the league is only half as good as the Premiership but it gives him a massive step up on the other players you mentioned.

I think he'd be a good signing for any English team, looks a good player.

Boumsong was class for Rangers.

Cuellar maybe?

aye its him

I am sure there were Spanish tears in Mallorca the day Marcelino left. I am sure there were Spanish tears in Coruna  the day Luque left. I am sure there were Spanish tears in Vila-real the day Enrique left.

The difference being that Cuellar has already adapted to the British style of play. Ok, the league is only half as good as the Premiership but it gives him a massive step up on the other players you mentioned.

Yep from what i've seen he's very good. Solid as a rock and stood out against Bremen in the two legs.

Cuellar maybe?

aye its him

So was Alan Hutton.

Cuellar maybe?

aye its him

So was Alan Hutton.

He's only played 4 games for Spurs hasn't he? What's your point?

Cuellar maybe?

aye its him

So was Alan Hutton.

What's your point exactly, that every player that anyone signs from Rangers is going to be a Boumsong? Fantastic.

Cuellar maybe?

aye its him

So was Alan Hutton.

What's your point exactly, that every player that anyone signs from Rangers is going to be a Boumsong? Fantastic.

No, my point is using the argument that someone looks good playing in the Scottish Premiership does not mean that they will adapt to the English Premiership. Completely different game.

Cuellar maybe?

aye its him

So was Alan Hutton.

No, my point is using the argument that someone looks good playing in the Scottish Premiership does not mean that they will adapt to the English Premiership. Completely different game.

Well he was saying he's adapted to the style of football which is similar, like it or not. If you have seen him play he clearly looks like a player that would adapt to the premiership.

Cuellar maybe?

aye its him

So was Alan Hutton.

Nobody said that.

He said he's adapted to the British style of play while acknowledging that the Scottish league is poor, which gives him an advantage over the soft shite's like Luque coming from Spain who are shocked by how physical the game over here is.

Cuellar maybe?

aye its him

So was Alan Hutton.

Nobody said that.

He said he's adapted to the British style of play while acknowledging that the Scottish league is poor, which gives him an advantage over the soft shite's like Luque coming from Spain who are shocked by how physical the game over here is.

So he's got an advantage over players such as Vidic then?

Players should be taken on their merits, not on where they've played before. If someone said we should sign him because he's a good leader, great in the air and rarely makes a mistake, then so be it. But to say "he'll make a good player for any English club because he knows the British game", well I just can't agree with that.

Cuellar maybe?

aye its him

So was Alan Hutton.

Nobody said that.

Players should be taken on their merits, not on where they've played before. If someone said we should sign him because he's a good leader, great in the air and rarely makes a mistake, then so be it. But to say "he'll make a good player for any English club because he knows the British game", well I just can't agree with that.

Vidic hardly played in a soft league did he? I don't think there was ever any doubt that a player known for his physical attributes coming from Russia would struggle with the physical side of the Premiership, his point was against the players coming here from Spain.

As for taking players on their merits, he's said he looks a good player so that's what he's doing, perhaps you should judge the player on his merits rather than using the predictable "Boumsong was class in Scotland" comment.

Cuellar maybe?

aye its him

So was Alan Hutton.

Nobody said that.

Vidic hardly played in a soft league did he? I don't think there was ever any doubt that a player known for his physical attributes coming from Russia would struggle with the physical side of the Premiership, his point was against the players coming here from Spain.

As for taking players on their merits, he's said he looks a good player so that's what he's doing, perhaps you should judge the player on his merits rather than using the predictable "Boumsong was class in Scotland" comment.

I've not even commented on the player FFS. I was commenting on his post.

OK, I'll reword.

"Personally I thought Boumsong looked class for Rangers, but despite looking like he could adopt to the British game, he failed here. What does Cueller bring to the table which Boumsong didn't?"

Cuellar maybe?

aye its him

So was Alan Hutton.

Nobody said that.

OK, I'll reword.

"Personally I thought Boumsong looked class for Rangers, but despite looking like he could adopt to the British game, he failed here. What does Cueller bring to the table which Boumsong didn't?"

That's better than making sarcastic comments. O0

Cuellar maybe?

aye its him

What on earth are you mentioning Enrique for?...  :rolleyes:

OK, I'll reword.

Personally I didn't see anything in Boumsong while playing for Rangers that made me think he'd do well in the Premiership.

OK, I'll reword.

Personally I didn't see anything in Boumsong while playing for Rangers that made me think he'd do well in the Premiership.

:D

Straight from the NE5 school of hindsight. Well done Mick :)

It had nothing to do with hindsight, I said he was shite on here before we signed him.  I had the misfortune of living in Scotland and got to see plenty of him playing for Rangers, only on TV but it was enough as Rangers were given a lot of coverage.

He was dodgy when put under pressure and only looked good against the lesser teams when they allowed him to walk out of defence with the ball, when put under pressure he was shite, only good for a laugh.  I can use hindsight now and say he was shite for us, I did predict it beforehand.

It had nothing to do with hindsight, I said he was shite on here before we signed him. I had the misfortune of living in Scotland and got to see plenty of him playing for Rangers, only on TV but it was enough as Rangers were given a lot of coverage.

He was dodgy when put under pressure and only looked good against the lesser teams when they allowed him to walk out of defence with the ball, when put under pressure he was shite, only good for a laugh.  I can use hindsight now and say he was shite for us, I did predict it beforehand.

Who's misfortune? Ours or yours?  :laugh:

Dundee? Aberdeen? How fast you driving? ;)

Aberdeen, I done it once from a 3am start in 3 hours 5 minutes from the Bridge of Dee to the Tyne, I reached the Tyne at 06:05.  I shouldn't say this but I went over the Forth Road Bridge at more than twice the speed limit.  :lol:

Lunatic! :lol:

At least you were doing it in the middle of the night!

That wasn't the worst, I once did the journey in 3 1/2 hours in thick fog.  4 car loads came down in the middle of the night and we couldn't see each other until we got to Dalkeith, I was almost falling asleep because the fog was hypnotic, I was the first car and rarely dropped below 90.

The worst part was near Stirling on the A90 where the road bends a few times before and after crossing the river, that was scary.  We went down the A68 and it got bad again when we were getting close to Newcastle but it wasn't anything like the fog in Scotland.   :lol:

OK, I'll reword.

hindsight ? Me ?

Please show it ?

I'm probably the only person who called Luque right after one game [despite the grief I got for it], one of the 2% who said that selling the cancer wouldn't make Souness the new Alex Ferguson, and one of the 1% who have a half decent angle on what makes a good board of a football club, and the 3% who said Ameobi would never make a premiership striker and replace Shearer while he had a hole in his arse, and the only person who said that Patrick Kluivert would be a total waste of space.

Northern Monkey is one of the few who agrees with me on these things, and predictably gets just as much grief as me  from those who think football began in 1992.

Don't let your emotions get the better of you just because I called your idol Frank Lampard a poor mans Rob Lee with a fat arse whatever you do.

Silly lad.