Aiden McGeady

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

Aiden McGeady is apparantly a very serious target for KK. An ITK on skunkers posted information 4 days ago that we had actually signed him. This is from todays Daily Record

Newcastle Eye £12M Bid For Celtic's Aiden McGeady

Feb 23 2008 Exclusive by Keith Jackson

NEWCASTLE boss Kevin Keegan has begun laying the foundations for a s12million summer bid for Celtic golden boy Aiden McGeady.

Record Sport can reveal Keegan had to abort a plan to run the rule over the player in person at Wednesday night's Champions League clash with Barcelona. He instead sent right hand man Terry McDermott to Glasgow, along with a senior director from St James Park.

McDermott returned south to tell Keegan it will take "funny money" to tempt Celtic into selling the fabulously-gifted 21-year-old. Now Keegan will spend more time monitoring the player and deciding whether or not to weigh in with a massive cash offer at the end of the season.

Keegan has been promised a s50m war chest to rebuild his firstteam squad when the transfer market reopens for business and is keen to draw up a list of priority targets as early as possible.

But McDermott did not see enough of McGeady's skills against Barca to be convinced the Republic of Ireland international is worth such a huge chunk of Keegan's budget.

Newcastle believe it will require a bid of at least s12m to bring Celtic to the table but McGeady was not given the chance to justify that massive fee on a night when Celtic were dominated and defeated by the classy Catalan outfit.

Keegan, though, remains a big admirer and will track the winger's form over the coming weeks as he prepares to reconstruct an ailing side flirting with a top-flight relegation battle.

It was in the News of the World last sunday that we wanted him (Also for £12m). Personally I'm not convinced, I don't watch the SPL (Where apparently he is fantastic) but I've seen him play plenty of times for Ireland and he's never really done owt. He must be playing well at the moment tho cos I went on a Celtic forum to see what they thought, they all reckoned hes worth miles more than £12m and he can do much better than MCFC....

and today...they get word of this story...

http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=63573&st=20

"This kid idn't leaving for the Man Citys or Newcastles or Aston Villas of this world. He's destined for much greater things."

"McGeady has a higher opinion of himself than Newcastle and Celtic have a higher valuation in mind than 12m."

"When he does leave it won't be to some mid table EPL team."

...etc.

I've never seen him have a good game for Ireland, not once.

Apparently tears it up every week in the SPL, but we all know the standard there.

I'd be inclined to believe there are a number of better players we could get for £12m, though being Irish I hope he turns out to be a superstar obviously. Won't be holding my breath though, Hunt from Reading has always impressed me more at International level and he's hardly dynamite is he?

£12m's a bit steep like...

I haven't seen an awful lot of him, only occassionally and my Celtic-supporting Grandad thinks he's the absolute business.

Didn't he get both assists against Barcelona the other night? That ball in for Robson was absolutely spot on, even though Robson still had a lot to do (2nd goal). It was a great goal on the whole, tbh. McGeady spotted the run - inch perfect timing, inch perfect distance, height, the lot. Was really impressed with him in that first half.

£12m's a bit steep like...

I haven't seen an awful lot of him, only occassionally and my Celtic-supporting Grandad thinks he's the absolute business.

Didn't he get both assists against Barcelona the other night? That ball in for Robson was absolutely spot on, even though Robson still had a lot to do (2nd goal). It was a great goal on the whole, tbh. McGeady spotted the run - inch perfect timing, inch perfect distance, height, the lot. Was really impressed with him in that first half.

Actually i would say 12m is cheap for him and Celtic would not allow that. A player that constantly plays very well in the champions league is usually valued more than 12m imo. Especially an exciting winger.

There isn't a Scotsman alive worth £12m

Thought this was a thread about McGeady?  O0

He is Scotish.

Well i guess he was born Scottish but he chose to represent Ireland so that makes him Irish to me.

That makes him a Irish international footballer, not a Irishman.