The Basics

madras

we used to have a plan where shearer would stand on the angle of the 6yd box for corners....cleared loads,not because he was alan shearer but because its a bloody good plae to have someone.....simple but effective.

we had a few corners today and habib beye (one of our tallest and best headers of the ball) was one of the defensive 2 while duff and barton were in the box trying to win headers...does that make sense ?

we have to stop slagging off the back 4 for the defending or the forwards for scoring...we were given a lesson today in the ideea that when you have the ball your whole team is attacking and when the oppo has the ball your whole team is defending.

also ...see how many times in the first 20mins they played seemingly blind balls down our cahnnels to turn our defending ?  why do we never do that ?

also ...see how many times in the first 20mins they played seemingly blind balls down our cahnnels to turn our defending ?  why do we never do that ?

We have no pace in the front 6. Duff has a bit of pace, but he only runs slightly fast in useless positions, ie when hes running up to a player.

We have no pace in the front 6. Duff has a bit of pace, but he only runs slightly fast in useless positions, ie when hes running up to a player.

rooney and tevez don't have pace but have nouse........thats what kills you.

rooney and tevez don't have pace but have nouse........thats what kills you.

rooney is pretty fucking fast for someone who supposedly doesn't have pace.

All I know is we are collectively slow as turtles and I predicted Man U would waltz round us as if we were statues in the pre-match thread. Well like night follows day...

thats down to movement and nouse....not so much pace.

All I know is we are collectively slow as turtles and I predicted Man U would waltz round us as if we were statues in the pre-match thread. Well like night follows day...

Try sticking 11 turtles together and seeing if they get past 11 hares.

11 clever turtles against 11 thick hares.........aesop as the ref...you know the result.

we have to stop slagging off the back 4 for the defending or the forwards for scoring...we were given a lesson today in the ideea that when you have the ball your whole team is attacking and when the oppo has the ball your whole team is defending.

Not when you have a defender turning his back on a player like Ronaldo as he drives into the area onto a simple pass to score.  Or a defender running accross a forward and flayling his legs hopelessly at the ball when he's the last man...  Then you blame the defender.. in this case the same defender both times, Forest f****** Gump himself..

Of course you should defend and attack as a team as much as possible, but when you have players who make pathetic individual errors every week it certainly doesn't help.

11 clever turtles against 11 thick hares.........aesop as the ref...you know the result.

relegation probably.

relegation probably.

very good come back,short and pithy. but i hope you are wrong.

relegation probably.

very good come back,short and pithy. but i hope you are wrong.

I'm not trying to be funny, but I really do believe that to play Keegan's brand of football you need some legs in the midifield. You make the point in your original post that we need to defend collectively and attack collectively. For that you need midifelders who can get up and down the pitch and forwards in the box when the chances come. When Milner swung in that cross in the first half, where was Smith? Where was Barton?