Lamine Diatta signs until end of season

Guest johnson293

Guest johnson293

Link

KEVIN Keegan will wait until next week before making a decision about signing Senegal captain Lamine Diatta.

The 32-year-old has been training with the Magpies this week having been released by Turkish club Besiktas.

And, speaking at his pre-match press conference ahead of Saturday's clash with Blackburn, Keegan said: "We just had an opportunity for four days to look at him.

"He's the captain of Senegal, and is just back from the African Nations Cup.

"Two of our players (Habib Beye and Abdoulaye Faye) know him. We will have a look and make our mind up by Tuesday. That is what I have told him."

From the BBC rumours page...

Out-of-contract Senegal captain Lamine Diatta has been offered a one-year deal at Newcastle. (Daily Express)

Never heard of him to be honest, and can't find anything else on the 'Express website.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamine_Diatta

Guest Erich von Manstein

Never heard of him either - he'd be just for the end of this season if it's true.

Or maybe one year as it states on the Beeb site?

Never heard of him either - he'd be just for the end of this season if it's true.

Or maybe one year as it states on the Beeb site?

I doubt he'd play next season when we have Kaka, Ronaldinho and Henry playing for us!

On Wiki, it says he is being strongly linked with Wigan!   Left Lyon on a free looking for regular first team action, only played 10 games at Besiktas.  Surely Dennis Wise is looking for better than that? 

Dennis Wise doesn't look for first team players full stop..

On Wiki, it says he is being strongly linked with Wigan!   Left Lyon on a free looking for regular first team action, only played 10 games at Besiktas.  Surely Dennis Wise is looking for better than that? 

Dennis Wise doesn't look for first team players full stop..

Oh OK, I was just assuming, is it KK then?  I've never seen how the workload is split between Keegan, Wise, Vetere and Jimenez.  Has it ever been said?

Keegan is definitely in charge of first team signings, anyone who knows Keegan would know that if that wasn't under his control he wouldn't be here.  Wise is primarily on the youth side of scouting and development.

Isn't the summer going to be fun when every f****** signing and link is questioned as to whose idea it is.

Is every summer fun? We always have hundreds of speculations and rumours every time but at least this time, with Keegan around, we can trust "proper" attacking and hopefully creative players will be signed.

Guest shaun11177

Wise and Vetere do the scouting and recommend players, Keegan says yes or no,Jimenez does the deal.

Would presume Keegan tells Wise what positions and type of player he wants otherwise Dennis might find a good player in a position we dont need which is wasting everbodys time.

Of course in our present predicament KKwill be asking him to find players in every position.

On Wiki, it says he is being strongly linked with Wigan!   Left Lyon on a free looking for regular first team action, only played 10 games at Besiktas.  Surely Dennis Wise is looking for better than that? 

He's a free agent though. I.e. the only type of player who can be signed at present.

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan is also planning a £12m bid for St Etienne striker Bafetimbi Gomis. (Daily Mirror)

Also on the BBC. Good player and very fast.

Yeah, I agree. When he came on the scences few years ago he looked like a poor man's Shola Ameobi.(Not joking! :laugh:) But he has improved a lot since then. Definitley one of the best young strikers in France.

I don't think Diatta is any better than what we got.