How long does Keegan get...

Guest BooBoo

I'd imagine we'll find out in the summer (provided we stay up) whether or not Keegan has/had money available. Until then it's just conjecture, and people manipulating quotes one way or the other to back up what they believe.

Yes. He said we tried to hijack (his words) the deal, but Woodgate had already committed to Spurs.

Or alternatively, we have no money for transfers or decent wages, and Keegan is lying through his teeth about the job he took just two weeks prior.

so there was no money for an alternative , having said he wanted 3 players during the window ?

Or are you blaming Keegan for poor judgement ?

Or are you happy that NUFC are unable, or unwilling, to take advantage of the fanbase and buy quality from smaller clubs than us ?

NE5 i'm critical of a manager who tells everybody who will listen that funds are available, wants to sign players, yet signs no-one 'casue he doesn't deem it prudent

the moment the shit hits the fan rumours come out that he's blaming ashley for not backing him

you've got your answer, your manager is a liar or he has no credibility....what say you?

I wouldn't expect Keegan to say at this stage that the board had lied to him if it were true. I also wouldnt' expect him to walk out at this stage either, he's older and wiser and has either decided that the players are good enough, or indeed someone has let him down or really didn't know who to buy.

We know Keegan though, he want success yesterday. I find it difficult to believe that he wouldn't have seem the need for at least one forward immediately and wanted to use the fanbase to capitalise, thats what he's all about, ambition and desire.

We also know that Keegan said after his first game he wanted 3 players, so it almost certainly quantifies my above comments [which in fact is what I'm basing my comments on, along with Morts comments before Xmas that the club would only be buying players for the future in the transfer window. Add his other comments that buying johnny averages in the summer was "good business" and it looks pretty obvious to me that he has so far had completly no idea at all

So if Keegan comes out when he's left the club and says he wasn't backed properly you will believe him?

Not really.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2025560,00.html

After talking to Gareth Southgate and Roeder, Woodgate opted for Boro but, much as he clearly loves his home-town club, things might just have been different had Newcastle's manager pursued him more ardently and been rather less concerned about the centre-half's suspect fitness. Yesterday Roeder explained that he would "have needed a crystal ball to know Woodgate would stay fit" and was deeply concerned about persistent injuries which ruined his two years in Madrid.

"Fair enough, that was his opinion but obviously it might have backfired on Glenn - who is a really nice bloke - a bit because I've come to Boro and stayed fit; sometimes you need to take a chance," retorted Woodgate.

The difference being?

The difference being Woodgate's quotes of "that was his opinion but obviously it might have backfired on Glenn" and "sometimes you need to take a chance" very much suggest if Roeder had offered him what boro were willing to (if we even offered him a contract at all) he would have picked us instead. If he was always going to choose boro, what did Roeder's opinion matter?

Very different from his quotes on joining Spurs, saying how pleased he was to be joining a club with ambition.

Fletcher, Hall Jnr and Shepherd. Hall Snr didn't want to sack Ardiles. According to Keegan, unless you know better  :lol:

whats the matter, does it pain you to admit a fact ?

That nasty man who hurt your little feelings..........terrible.

According to Keegan we had money to spend in January, unless you know better.

what exactly are you commenting on here, because it certainly isn't what you clipped

as mick clipped the question and answered an imaginary one instead, here it is again.

bump.

I clipped the post, just like I usually do, thanks for highlighting where you expect people to accept what you quote from Keegan.  You were the same with Sir Bobby, he said something you didn't agree with so you put it down to him losing his marbles, he said something later that you agreed with and all of a sudden his marbles were restored.

thats right, Bobby Robson was 72, Keegan is still not yet 60 and the quote in question was a long time ago.

To repeat my earlier that you declined to reply :

"Fletcher, Hall Jnr and Shepherd. Hall Snr didn't want to sack Ardiles. According to Keegan, unless you know better 

That nasty man who hurt your little feelings..........terrible. "

The simple fact is that you are making excuse after excuse for our current position because you can't bring yourself to admit that what I say is true.

Didn't Matt Jansen turn us down and sign for Blackburn instead under Freddie Shepherd? What does that say about Shepherd's inability to attract even mediocre players?

;D It says you had to go all the way back to 1999 to find one?

It's a single example, just like you are using a single example to draw your conclusions. Like for like tbf.

Didn't Matt Jansen turn us down and sign for Blackburn instead under Freddie Shepherd? What does that say about Shepherd's inability to attract even mediocre players?

It's a single example, just like you are using a single example to draw your conclusions. Like for like tbf.

except that we are in the worst position since winning promotion, as soon as the Halls and Shepherd have left the club.

Continue to ignore this if it doesn't suit your "opinion"

Fletcher, Hall Jnr and Shepherd. Hall Snr didn't want to sack Ardiles. According to Keegan, unless you know better  :lol:

what exactly are you commenting on here, because it certainly isn't what you clipped

as mick clipped the question and answered an imaginary one instead, here it is again.

bump.

I clipped the post, just like I usually do, thanks for highlighting where you expect people to accept what you quote from Keegan.  You were the same with Sir Bobby, he said something you didn't agree with so you put it down to him losing his marbles, he said something later that you agreed with and all of a sudden his marbles were restored.

thats right, Bobby Robson was 72, Keegan is still not yet 60 and the quote in question was a long time ago.

"Fletcher, Hall Jnr and Shepherd. Hall Snr didn't want to sack Ardiles. According to Keegan, unless you know better 

The simple fact is that you are making excuse after excuse for our current position because you can't bring yourself to admit that what I say is true.

I think he's trying to say that one moment you'll take Keegans word and quotes as gospel , i.e the Ardiles thing, but then the minute Keegan has a direct quote saying money is available (which doesnt fit your agenda) all of a sudden he's being lied to or his quote are media friendly ones masking the truth etc....

Spot the double standard.

bump.

I think he's trying to say that one moment you'll take Keegans word and quotes as gospel , i.e the Ardiles thing, but then the minute Keegan has a direct quote saying money is available (which doesnt fit your agenda) all of a sudden he's being lied to or his quote are media friendly ones masking the truth etc....

like I said, Keegan is going to come out at this stage and say it. The alternative is you are blaming him for our possible relegation.

So are you or are you not ?

I also realise you are pleased we didnt' waste any money in January, so can't really complain about our current situation.

except that we are in the worst position since winning promotion, as soon as the Halls and Shepherd have left the club.

The Halls and Shepherd were in an even worse position early on in their reign, presiding over possible relegation to the 3rd division.

Continue to ignore it if it doesn't suit your opinion.

So you attribute the current position directly to the board? How much do you think we'll get to spend this summer. Put your money where your mouth is, seeing as though Mort is shit, you've read his quotes, you have a good idea as to what to expect having been around in the 1920's. What amount will our shit board give us, if any? You seem adament.

bump.

like I said, Keegan is going to come out at this stage and say it. The alternative is you are blaming him for our possible relegation.

I also realise you are pleased we didnt' waste any money in January, so can't really complain about our current situation.

You say Keegan won't come out now and say it which is fair enough, yet it was only a few weeks back that you were claiming Shepherd couldn't have been signing the players he wanted because Souness didn't say so at the time.

Now that's double standards for you.

Fletcher, Hall Jnr and Shepherd. Hall Snr didn't want to sack Ardiles. According to Keegan, unless you know better :lol:

bump.

I clipped the post, just like I usually do, thanks for highlighting where you expect people to accept what you quote from Keegan. You were the same with Sir Bobby, he said something you didn't agree with so you put it down to him losing his marbles, he said something later that you agreed with and all of a sudden his marbles were restored.

Well to be honest, i struggle to see what more the board could of done having Keegan said that money was available and having had bids accepted by Boro to back that point up.

Honestly speaking, from an impartial point of view, Allardyce has to take the main amount of the blame for losing loads of points when we had easier fixtures, however Keegan has to shoulder some as well, i dont think his tactics have been perfect to be honest, being beaten 5-1 at home is not something that a team like ours should expect as a given.

As for your last line......i can say the same thing over and over again and stil not get through to you, so whats the point.

EDIT: Also, what has keegan got to gain by saying money is available if it isnt? What an absurd thing to imply. Why make a fool of himself with quote after quote reiterating the passion that the owner has for the club if you know all along that its bull.

What a load of crap.

Let me just re-iterate, using UV's benchmark of a single transfer atrget turning us down, Matt Jansen's snubbing of Fred Shepherd was a massive...absolutely monumental indictment of Shepherd's failure to sell the club. A player from the lower leagues at that. What a fucking disgrace.

The difference being Woodgate's quotes of "that was his opinion but obviously it might have backfired on Glenn" and "sometimes you need to take a chance" very much suggest if Roeder had offered him what boro were willing to (if we even offered him a contract at all) he would have picked us instead. If he was always going to choose boro, what did Roeder's opinion matter?

Very different from his quotes on joining Spurs, saying how pleased he was to be joining a club with ambition.

I'm not sure the Spurs ambition had a lot to do with him chosing them as in the same article you quote Woodgate saying "Newcastle is a massive, ambitious club and I'm sure that sooner or later they'll get some silverware." 

You had a go at Robson for losing his marbles then were happy to use something he said later, when he was older.  :lol: Do you think Keegan has now lost his marbles?

I answered your question when you asked it earlier, you replied to my reply.  :lol:

Is that "nasty man" you refer to the same one who embarrasses you for wearing his shirt in with the fans or is it the one who lets his mouth go in a brothel?  Which one of the two embarrass you?

Keegan walked out of the club because he didn't get his own way and he did it more than once, do you seriously think he'd lie for anybody?

15th isn't our worst Premiership position, not even after the 29th game of the season.

You had a go at Robson for losing his marbles then were happy to use something he said later, when he was older.   :lol: Do you think Keegan has now lost his marbles?

I answered your question when you asked it earlier, you replied to my reply.  :lol:

Is that "nasty man" you refer to the same one who embarrasses you for wearing his shirt in with the fans or is it the one who lets his mouth go in a brothel?  Which one of the two embarrass you?

no Keegan hasn't lost his marbles. It is likely that a man of 72 may now and again lose his marbles.

The only thing that embarrasses me is the team fighting relegation battles and not trying to punch its correct weight, but I've told you this already. You don't mind this though so long as he doesn't call you nasty names. Your long term chip on your shoulder towards a chairman and board who qualified for europe more than everyone but 4 other clubs and gave us our only 3 consecutive top 5 league postitions in 50 years is funny if it wasn't so tragic.

Keegan walked out of the club because he didn't get his own way and he did it more than once, do you seriously think he'd lie for anybody?

so you are blaming him then, and not Mort and/or Ashley ?

Just to clarify if the worst happens.

Let me just re-iterate, using UV's benchmark of a single transfer atrget turning us down, Matt Jansen's snubbing of Fred Shepherd was a massive...absolutely monumental indictment of Shepherd's failure to sell the club. A player from the lower leagues at that. What a fucking disgrace.

shame his decision left him missing out on playing in the Champions League etc etc.......maybe he had lost his marbles  mackems.gif

The Halls and Shepherd were in an even worse position early on in their reign, presiding over possible relegation to the 3rd division.

Continue to ignore it if it doesn't suit your opinion.

eerrr.........

mackems.gif

no Keegan hasn't lost his marbles. It is likely that a man of 72 may now and again lose his marbles.

The only thing that embarrasses me is the team fighting relegation battles and not trying to punch its correct weight, but I've told you this already. You don't mind this though so long as he doesn't call you nasty names. Your long term chip on your shoulder towards a chairman and board who qualified for europe more than everyone but 4 other clubs and gave us our only 3 consecutive top 5 league postitions in 50 years is funny if it wasn't so tragic.

You don't get it do you?  You claimed Robson had lost his marbles because he said something that you didn't agree with, he later said something which you used yet he was older when he made the 2nd comment but he had made a miraculous mental recovery.

You openly claimed on this forum that Mike Ashley embarrassed you, you followed that claim by stating that you were not taking the piss, stop trying to change history.