Has Owen?

Dokko

Keegan won't drop Owen for the same reason England managers wouldn't for so long. He scores in crucial matches. Unfortunately, without pace he can be easily marked out of a game. The best bet suerly has to be to play him and Martins so we have sometthing else for the opposition to worry about?

Owen scoring in crucial matches is a myth. In international tournaments his record is shambolic

How is it a myth? off the top of my head...

vs Argentina 98 (goal + pen)

vs Brazil 02

vs Arsenal FA Cup Final (2 goals)

vs Man Utd Charity Shield

vs Portgual 04 (goal + pen)

Euro 00 - one goal

WC 02 - two goals

Euro 04 - one goal

06 isn't worth mentioning

against good defenders he's always been distinctly average at best

Keegan won't drop Owen for the same reason England managers wouldn't for so long. He scores in crucial matches. Unfortunately, without pace he can be easily marked out of a game. The best bet suerly has to be to play him and Martins so we have sometthing else for the opposition to worry about?

Owen scoring in crucial matches is a myth. In international tournaments his record is shambolic

vs Brazil 02

Charity Shield? :lol:

Owen's problem isn't that he doesn't score in crucial games, it's that he's finished.

It's over.

He's not as technically gifted or a natural goal scorer like Lineker or Shearer.

I would like Owen to try and hit the top corner for onces. His shots are so weak when he tries to slide it in the corner.. he needs to whack that thing in the top corner.

vs Brazil 02

Euro 00 - one goal

WC 02 - two goals

Euro 04 - one goal

That Euro 2000 team was a disgrace and got knocked out early. To say he was poor is unfair.

He was probably at his peak during the years surrounding 2002. An Owen from 2001-2004 was very good. By the time he moved to Madrid he'd lost a yard but was still pretty quick.

Guest Strunz

vs Brazil 02

Euro 00 - one goal

WC 02 - two goals

Euro 04 - one goal

That Euro 2000 team was a disgrace and got knocked out early. To say he was poor is unfair.

He was probably at his peak during the years surrounding 2002. An Owen from 2001-2004 was very good. By the time he moved to Madrid he'd lost a yard but was still pretty quick.

Who was managing that disgraceful Euro 2000 team?

Oh....

Shit!!!!

vs Brazil 02

Euro 00 - one goal

WC 02 - two goals

Euro 04 - one goal

my point was for a players whose main strength is supposed to be goals, his record in tournaments is a disgrace

vs Brazil 02

Charity Shield? :lol:

Owen's problem isn't that he doesn't score in crucial games, it's that he's finished.

It's over.

He's not as technically gifted or a natural goal scorer like Lineker or Shearer.

I would like Owen to try and hit the top corner for onces. His shots are so weak when he tries to slide it in the corner.. he needs to whack that thing in the top corner.

True, why can't he hit them like he did for England against Russia in Sept last year? his 2nd was hit hard.

Owen fearful of England omission

Michael Owen believes he could miss out on Fabio Capello's England squad to face France on March 26 if Newcastle's miserable run of results continues.

The 28-year-old striker has scored only five goals for the Magpies this season during an injury-hit campaign.

Owen told BBC Radio 5 Live: "When you are down it's hard to be listened to.

"Results are not going well and, when you are not playing well as a team and individually, then individuals will not get picked for the national team."

The former Liverpool and Real Madrid frontman was an unused substitute during Capello's first match in charge - a 2-1 win over Switzerland on 6 February.

"The new manager has only had one game in charge and that was a friendly so we will see what develops," added Owen.

The Magpies are three points above the drop zone in 15th place and face crucial matches against fellow-strugglers Birmingham, Fulham and Reading in three of their next four matches.

Owen added: "We are expected to get points and we need to pick them up now.

"There are certain clubs that criticism attracts. People see the support we get and if we are not up there in the prominent positions then people ask why.

"But I'm at a club where you feel like a spark will get us back on the crest of the wave and help us move up the league - that can give us a platform to build on."

Not much wrong with that if you ask me. Now only if he finds his scoring boots..

It's more than current form that's keeping Owen out of the England side. Capello wants to play in a certain way and doesn't think Owen fits in.

Except for the odd sub appearance, Owen's England career is as good as over.

Guest Thomo

To be fair to Owen he did also say he does not care if he does not picked for England as his priority is getting Newcastle out of trouble, Owen seems to be an easy target at the moment for Newcastle fans, to fair Nzogbia doesnt want to play for us, Viduka doesnt care less about us, Barton and Smith are both bloody useless, wonder boy Steven Taylor has to be blamed for half the goals we have conceded, somebody whos ego is unbelievable, Emre always bloody injured as is Steven Carr, is anybody surprised that we are in this mess. But I will bet everyone one thing, if we do survive, I bet it is because of Michael Owen scoring goals for us and winning us games, something he wants to do to get his place back for England, I believe he does care, so start supporting him and stop knocking him, without him we are knackered.

I think the stick Owen has been getting lately from our fans that he used to get has calmed down quite a bit.

He's a cunt . Money grabbing fake fuking footballing prick with a frail body and no heart.

He's a cunt . Money grabbing fake fuking footballing prick with a frail body and no heart.

Cunt.

Cunt.

Cunt.

Cunt.

Cunt.

Cunt.

Cunt.

Cunt.

Better?  O0

I think the stick Owen has been getting lately from our fans that he used to get has calmed down quite a bit.

He's a c*** . Money grabbing fake fuking footballing prick with a frail body and no heart.

He's a c*** . Money grabbing fake fuking footballing prick with a frail body and no heart.

c***.

c***.

c***.

c***.

c***.

c***.

c***.

c***.

Better?  O0

;D