5 years ago to this day....

Guest GAMMELL

I have supported newcastle all my life ... but don't get to see them much, because I live in Milan. Went to both the Juve and Inter games thats season - the Juve was great (because it was the first) but of course, bit of a disappointing outcome etc - really thought we were heading for UEFA then.

For the Inter game, well, I go to the San Siro a few times a year, and always dreamed of seeing Newcastle there. It was a magical night, great performance, was really proud ... hopefully, we can get back there... it might take another couple of years (and completely new set of players...)

Start to finish me an my mate had a fantastic trip:

Free drink in the lounge at the airport

Pished on the train up from Bologna with cheap red wine

Meeting a lad trying to convince his wife he was away with work and struggling when the Italian train announcer came on

Getting a taxi into main square and from 500 yards away being able to hear the "Shola Kokey" being sung

The Stadium, match and fans.

The bliddy long walk back to the metro queue and finding a side door and getting on the last train back.

My pal hitching a lift on the back of an Inter fans scooter

Classic.

oh and Sergio cheating bastard Conceicao

oh and Sergio cheating bastard Conceicao

Conceicao: utter cunt.

Bernard's best game for us imo. :)

he was a beast in that one.. one of the best defensive performances i've ever witnessed

and also one of the dirtiest performance by his oppo in that game,concecao (sp?)

The referee was Portugese iirc and Conceicao was constantly rabbiting away to him all game. It made his performance all the better. :)

:lol:

I have supported newcastle all my life ... but don't get to see them much, because I live in Milan. Went to both the Juve and Inter games thats season - the Juve was great (because it was the first) but of course, bit of a disappointing outcome etc - really thought we were heading for UEFA then.

For the Inter game, well, I go to the San Siro a few times a year, and always dreamed of seeing Newcastle there. It was a magical night, great performance, was really proud ... hopefully, we can get back there... it might take another couple of years (and completely new set of players...)

Nice story, always feel for fans who maybe only get to see us once or twice and we play like shite, so nice to see it worked out for you this time.

Fantastic 2 days.  Toon Travel special.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8051/sansiro110303010sw9ki1.jpg

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9804/sansiro110303014se2rd4.jpg

the bottom pic must've been a second or so after solano hit the bar...................if not i cant understand what the keepers doing with the ball apparently in the air in the box.

we were just entering the stadium as that happened. saw the ball hit the bar and go up but it took another 2 or 3 secs to find out it was th e inter keeper in that goal and we were attacking.