Luis Fabiano

Skirge

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_3306328,00.html

Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido is confident that Luis Fabiano will sign a new long-term deal with the Primera Division club.

With discussions concerning a new contract already under way, del Nido insists that any club planning on making a move for the Brazilian international would have to met a 60million euros (£46million) buy-out clause.

Fabiano is currently the top scorer in the Spanish top flight, with 20 goals in as many games, and is reportedly a summer target for both Real Madrid and Barcelona.

His current deal at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan runs until 2009, but will be automatically extended for another year if he makes 40 appearances for the club this season.

A completely new five-year deal has now been proposed and del Nido has rubbished the rumours suggesting the striker's future lies away from Sevilla.

Not worried

"There is absolutely no truth in these stories and I can tell you that (Fabiano's agent) Jose Fuentes and Real Madrid's director general (Jose Angel Sanchez) have never met" he told AS.

"The press have picked up on rumours and decided to go with them."

Del Nido refused to respond to speculation that Fabiano had rejected the financial terms currently on offer and made it clear that the situation would not be discussed again until the summer.

"We are always holding meetings with the representatives of different players. I have had more than 10 meetings with agents already this week and that was only up to Thursday morning.

"Nothing in particular came out of the meetings with Fabiano. I am not worried about Luis Fabiano's clause and I do not want to talk about this again until the end of the season."

£9m bid already made according to Tribalfootball. Seems a little odd given that the transfer window is shut.

Nothing wrong in setting up a transferdeal before the window opens, actually that's what's been bugging me for years. Alot of clubs tie up players long before the stressful window opens, while it seems like our latest managers havn't even begun looking at players before the window opens. Hope there is some truth in these rumours.

£9m bid already made according to Tribalfootball. Seems a little odd given that the transfer window is shut.

Nothing wrong in setting up a transferdeal before the window opens, actually that's what's been bugging me for years. Alot of clubs tie up players long before the stressful window opens, while it seems like our latest managers havn't even begun looking at players before the window opens. Hope there is some truth in these rumours.

Don't get me wrong, i'll be chuffed to bits if it's true. We've been stumbling our way through transfer windows for far too long, but talk of a concrete bid seems a little premature.

Scoring goals for fun this season can't see why he'd move here.

7 in 7 in the CL, 21 in La Liga, currently leading the golden boot standings...Sevilla in the uefa cup next year. Nailed on imo  :doh:

Scoring goals for fun this season can't see why he'd move here.

7 in 7 in the CL, 21 in La Liga, currently leading the golden boot standings...Sevilla in the uefa cup next year. Nailed on imo  :doh:

Nailed on to sign for us and be shit. :lol: