Oba...Obafem

TRon

If Keegan wants to shut up shop then surely it makes more sense to take Viduka off?

If he wants to shut up shop then he must be worried about pressure from the opposition in the final 10 minutes, it makes more sense to me to have the likes of Martins and N'Zogbia on the pitch to hit them on the counter attack when they are throwing more men forward.

I'd imagine the rationale is that Viduka is far more likely to retain possession than Oba, whose first touch can often lead to us losing the ball.

You see, I think Viduka gave the ball away more than any of our strikers against Birmingham, his first touch is excellent but the ball has to land at his feet because he's not going to make much effort to get onto the end of anything, with both Martins and N'Zogbia you would fancy either of them getting on the end of a clearance if it was two against two.

His linkup play is alright too and its a real shame KK see's it as best to swap him for Zoggy when we are looking to righten things up. For me we should go with Owen and Martins upfront and take of Viduka off once we are looking to be more solid with a 4-4-2, pace is the thing we need most if we are not committing more men forward, yes Viduka can hold the ball up but so can Owen.

His linkup play is alright too and its a real shame KK see's it as best to swap him for Zoggy when we are looking to righten things up. For me we should go with Owen and Martins upfront and take of Viduka off once we are looking to be more solid with a 4-4-2, pace is the thing we need most if we are not committing more men forward, yes Viduka can hold the ball up but so can Owen.

Why is it a real shame that he's not on for ten minutes while we kill the game off?

Why is it a real shame that he's not on for ten minutes while we kill the game off?

You know very well even at 2-0 up we could easy throw it away in 10 mins, he is a threat and a very lively player with plenty energy left, after an hour Viduka looks worn out.

You know very well even at 2-0 up we could easy throw it away in 10 mins, he is a threat and a very lively player with plenty energy left, after an hour Viduka looks worn out.

You said it was a "real shame", suggesting that it was something to do with sentiment.

Not saying you were, but the booing was an absolute disgrace.

You said it was a "real shame", suggesting that it was something to do with sentiment.

Not saying you were, but the booing was an absolute disgrace.

Agree booing a managers decision is a disgrace but we did it with Big Sam and that was fine.

I think we are seeing a player who is so well loved by the fans that they are willing to boo a KK decision, now thats a new thing to KK and it will be interesting to see in the next match if he does swap Oba for Zoggy again.

maybe the use of the term "real shame" was a bit strong for me to use, my thoughts on it though are purely down to how effective the 11 players are that are on the pitch and I feel Martins is more effective than Viduka is during the last part of a game.

I think we are seeing a player who is so well loved by the fans that they are willing to boo a KK decision, now thats a new thing to KK and it will be interesting to see in the next match if he does swap Oba for Zoggy again.

It's just utter moronic tbh. As is the new booing culture in general. Fine if you don't agree with a manager's decision, but creating a negative atmosphere when you are 1-0 up and things are going well for the team just because the manager took away some people's lovetoy is simply pathetic.

It's just utter moronic tbh. As is the new booing culture in general. Fine if you don't agree with a manager's decision, but creating a negative  atmosphere of negativity when you are 1-0 up and things are going well for the team just because the manager took away some people's lovetoy is simply pathetic.

Well said, although I doubt said mongs will take any notice.

I don't think it had any effect on the rest of the game tbf thats bit over the top, a point was made by the fans and I am sure it was the majority and not just a few fans, the noise was to loud. It did'nt ruin the atmosphere in any way and Zoggy was applauded onto the pitch so its not like it was a prolonged protest of any kind.

Its not just our fans that do this its getting to be a factor in many games now that fans make their feelings very clear indeed to decisions made by managers.

Its good to let players know you are behind them but Martins is not our only decent player and its about time we made noise for more then Oba.

Guest The Corner

I see it as a total lack of respect for Keegan the booing from the fans to be honest, if that is what he thinks is right so be it. People going on like Martins is some kind of god

I see it as a total lack of respect for Keegan the booing from the fans to be honest, if that is what he thinks is right so be it. People going on like Martins is some kind of god

:lol:

But Big Sam got worse treatment and no one had a problem with that, I am not justifying it at all its just double standards.

But Big Sam got worse treatment and no one had a problem with that, I am not justifying it at all its just double standards.

Don't remember Sam ever getting flak ten minutes away from a win. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

I don't think it had any effect on the rest of the game tbf thats bit over the top, a point was made by the fans and I am sure it was the majority and not just a few fans, the noise was to loud. It did'nt ruin the atmosphere in any way and Zoggy was applauded onto the pitch so its not like it was a prolonged protest of any kind.

Its not just our fans that do this its getting to be a factor in many games now that fans make their feelings very clear indeed to decisions made by managers.

Its good to let players know you are behind them but Martins is not our only decent player and its about time we made noise for more then Oba.

What a load of nonsense.

But yeah, we should just scrap the manager position and simply go by what the "majority" want. Maybe we can run a "Substitution Text Vote"?

What a load of nonsense.

But yeah, we should just scrap the manager position and simply go by what the "majority" want. Maybe we can run a "Substitution Text Vote"?

Where did I say we should scrap managers?

The booing is wrong of course it is and I have never said anything different, the traveling fans at Brum were not happy Oba went off and let KK know then too. Its how football is going, Fergie could get grief from Man ure fans if he took Ronaldo off. We pay our money and have a right to an opinion as any fan from any club does, it may have been a shock to KK because its not something he he has ever had from Toon fans.

There was no direct abuse, no chants of "you don't know what your doing" or anything like that, more os being made of ithis than is needed..

We did not find ourselves 1-0 up to many times under Sam but he got grief for taking Oba off and putting Owen on or the other way around, even in a 0-0.

I 100% do not agree with fans booing, managers decisions or booing of players but leys not made a mountian out of a molehill with this because in the great scheme of the things it meant nothing.

Guest toonlass

Bollox, people on here have been saying that the booing culture was shit all season, not just since January. Its not right that we boo a decision, or our team.

Whats worse a 5 second boo at a substitution the fans do not agree with or a constant moaning and groaning at miss placed passes?

If Barton or Geremi tried a pass that was cut out or went astray everyone moaned, there was no applauding the intent of a forward pass or at the attempt at being creative, to me thats creates more harm during a game, creates more pressure and knocks the confidence so we end up with back and square passes because non of them want to risk abuse if they give it away.

What a load of nonsense.

The booing is wrong of course it is and I have never said anything different, the traveling fans at Brum were not happy Oba went off and let KK know then too. Its how football is going, Fergie could get grief from Man ure fans if he took Ronaldo off. We pay our money and have a right to an opinion as any fan from any club does, it may have been a shock to KK because its not something he he has ever had from Toon fans.

There was no direct abuse, no chants of "you don't know what your doing" or anything like that, more os being made of ithis than is needed..

We did not find ourselves 1-0 up to many times under Sam but he got grief for taking Oba off and putting Owen on or the other way around, even in a 0-0.

I 100% do not agree with fans booing, managers decisions or booing of players but leys not made a mountian out of a molehill with this because in the great scheme of the things it meant nothing.

Of course it does mean something. The moronic behaviour of some "supporters" means that they rather are happy to intimidate the own players and manager than create a hostile atmosphere for the opposition. It's a spoilt brat attitude and nothing else. If things are not going the way they want them to then they start booing. Because they bought this right with the ticket. You said above that you'll wait to see if Keegan now has the balls to take off Martins again in future (I hope he does). Is this how you define yourself as a "fan"? Putting your own opinions over the support for the team? It's the manager's responsibility to make decisions and not anyone else's.

Guest toonlass

Whats worse a 5 second boo at a substitution the fans do not agree with or a constant moaning and groaning at miss placed passes?

If Barton or Geremi tried a pass that was cut out or went astray everyone moaned, there was no applauding the intent of a forward pass or at the attempt at being creative, to me thats creates more harm during a game, creates more pressure and knocks the confidence so we end up with back and square passes because non of them want to risk abuse if they give it away.

Everyone did not moan, the fans were, in general, better than they had been since the turn of the year.

Booing players or a decision made by your manager is a disgrace, end of.

What a load of nonsense.

Of course it does mean something. The moronic behaviour of some "supporters" means that they rather are happy to intimidate the own players and manager than create a hostile atmosphere for the opposition. It's a spoilt brat attitude and nothing else. If things are not going the way they want them to then they start booing. Because they bought this right with the ticket. You said above that you'll wait to see if Keegan now has the balls to take off Martins again in future (I hope he does). Is this how you define yourself as a "fan"? Putting your own opinions over the support for the team? It's the manager's responsibility to make decisions and not anyone else's.

Were you even at the match ? it was not a few moronic supporters but near enough the entire ground, its not right, but it was not just a few fans but IT DID NOT KILL THE ATMOSPHERE the noise was still good after the few seconds of booing.

I hope KK does what he thinks is right in every game its what he gets paid for, it does not mean I have to agree with him, I said it before and I will say it again. I THINK MARTINS IS MORE EFFECTIVE LATE IN A GAME THAN VIDUKA IS, thats is the only reason I would like to see Martisn stay on, I would not and will not boo KK for having a different opinion!!

Spot on...which is why it's f*cking ridiculous to boo the substitution. It's not like last season where he was our only decent striker, we have two equal/better strikers, and had a very good player coming on in his place.

Next time if it's Owen or Viduka who comes off, do you boo the substitution to let them know you're behind them too?