Who HAS TO go?

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

The choice is simple, when the transfer window shuts in August, who will you be most disapppointed to see still in a black and white shirt?

Well apart from the fact it's been done in a similar fashion about a million times already, the poll is flawed.

With only one vote allowed, and the other really shit players not exactly 'in a black and white shirt' anyway, I can tell you right now the winner will be Alan Smith.

:)

Guest toonlass

Well apart from the fact it's been done in a similar fashion about a million times already, the poll is flawed.

With only one vote allowed, and the other really shit players not exactly 'in a black and white shirt' anyway, I can tell you right now the winner will be Alan Smith.

:)

That may be so, but I also want to see the spread of votes.

Guest toonlass

Well then that will confirm in numbers what I thought - however if people would also like to explain why they chose who they did, then that would be nice too.

I voted for Stephen Carr, on the basis that whilst Smith isn't particularly great in any position, he is a useful squad player if we were to get a heap of injuries. If Ramage was still here it would be purely as backup and Ameobi hasn't been able to get near the first team recently, with Carroll now ahead of him in the pecking order. And Nicky Butt if he was still here I would hope he would drop to more of a backup role.

Stephen Carr being second-choice right back would mean that he would be the most likely to play regularly...

Stephen Carr, on the basis that his contract is running out, and giving him a new one would be worse than not finding anyone interested in taking Smith off our hands. The same goes for Ramage, but his wages are probably less than half of Carr's, and he's further behind in the pecking order as well.

Which knobhead voted for Tim Krul?  :idiot2:

There's no way that a young lad who has had a successful loan spell and made an outstanding debut should leave the club ahead of Carr, Smith, Ramage, Ameobi et al.

Baffling.

I voted for Emre, purely because he's a waste of space who never plays. We're also more likely to con someone for a decent fee for him, compared to the likes of Ramage, Carr and Smith, who we'd struggle to get rid of now.

Owen!

FIRST priority HAS to be be to get rid of our only goalscorer.

:lol: It's more about who comes in anyway surely. It's not like we have a huge squad to trim.

Guest Hellhammer

Owen!

FIRST priority HAS to be be to get rid of our only goalscorer.

With his pay he should have done much better. Martins is by far our best striker, so get him a new striker partner next season, and he will provide us with many goals. If we stick with Owen for next season also, then i bet Martins will leave the club because he will be benched for many games. And i cant see how it will work with two midgets on top either.

So sell Owen when we still can get some money for him (£6-7m) and then we have also offloaded one of these players with around 100000 pr week and whos doesnt deserve it.

I voted for Emre, purely because he's a waste of space who never plays. We're also more likely to con someone for a decent fee for him, compared to the likes of Ramage, Carr and Smith, who we'd struggle to get rid of now.

Agree with this tbh. He's not that great to start with, when you add that to the fact the twat is never available, I'd say he's highly expendable.

Martins isn't by far our best striker at all. The stats don't even back that up and as far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on him. Him and Owen offer different things but essentially they are both goalscorers. I don't know why they can't work together either, especially at home. Beardsley and Cole are an example of two strikers who offered little in the way of physical presence and an aerial threat and yet they thrived here (I'm not saying Owen and Martins would be a carbon copy of that partnership btw). Again though it's Owen v Martins from the perspective of a Toon fan and I still don't get why that has to be the case.