Is N'Zogbia's exit inevitable? (Maybe not - Page 24!)

TRon

Looks like he's on his way in the summer. He seems a difficult character if you look at from a certain perspective, but if he hadn't played second fiddle to Duff would he have been happy here? I am of the opinion all he wanted was to be first choice for the left wing spot and if he didn't get it, tended to get in a strop.

It could be argued that he's not that great, but if he had left because there was a genuine class player blocking his route to the first team fair enough. The fact it was probably Damien the Duff pisses me off tbh.

Guest Geordiesned

The fact that his family for some reason live in that there London will unfortunately for us see a summer departure IMO.

The fact that his family for some reason live in that there London will unfortunately for us see a summer departure IMO.

Aye, so in other words, his heart was never with the club anyway. Nee dedication, time for you to fuck off Zoggy son. Ta ta.

Guest BooBoo

He made his name here and now he thinks he's Billy Big Boots.

I certainly wont be shedding a tear when he drags his scrawny arse to London.

Nowhere near as good as some would have you believe.

Guest Geordiesned

I hope that doesn't come back to haunt you next season.

Got the raw ingredients there though imo.

We should be looking to keep hold of talented kids and develop them.  :undecided:

I think it was Optomystyc Nyt who once recounted a tale on these forum pages of a brief encounter with N'Zogbia in Shearer's Bar - and young OpNyt had spoken to Zog in French praising him as being particularly talented, perhaps the best in the team that day and Zog had said he knew already. ..so he certainly has never been gifted or over-endowed in the modesty department...when he should have been.

Guest BooBoo

I hope that doesn't come back to haunt you next season.

:drac:

I still think he's a decent player right now, with huge potential for the future if developed correctly.

Be very surprised if he's still here next season though. The answer to the question is yes IMO.

I think it was Optomystyc Nyt who once recounted a tale on these forum pages of a brief encounter with N'Zogbia in Shearer's Bar - and young OpNyt had spoken to Zog in French praising him as being particularly talented, perhaps the best in the team that day and Zog had said he knew already. ..so he certainly has never been gifted or over-endowed in the modesty department...when he should have been.

He said he was better than Duff. :lol:

Well duhh. :lol:

it was op nut, just told him he was better than duff and n'zogbia said "i know". considering duff isn't fit to lace his boots it is not a particularly groundbreaking statement. probably not the most modest lad but young footballers with the world at their feet rarely are.

i think he is a pretty good player, not the finished product and he has suffered from not playing in his preferred position regularly for basically 2 years. if we can get someone better than him than won't be particularly bothered. this won't be easy and considering we have so many other positions to fill in the team, it's a task we could do without.

Guest float one in

Does seem to be a huffy so and so. Needs to remember that it was us who gave him his chance in the big time by taking him from Le Havre where he was probably on a fraction of the money he's on now. The supporters have always been supportive of him as well. If he goes I hope he isn't succesful in England.

The other side of it is, as Big Tron says, he's been kept out of the team/his position by a player living on reputation.

But then again mebbies Duff is absolutely class in training, knocking the socks off Zogs day in and day out, and just hasn't been able to get it together on match days yet. We may never know....

Ah well, you see...that puts a slightly different slant on things, and just goes to show that my memory's not what it was. :lol:

it was op nut, just told him he was better than duff and n'zogbia said "i know". considering duff isn't fit to lace his boots it is not a particularly groundbreaking statement. probably not the most modest lad but young footballers with the world at their feet rarely are.

i think he is a pretty good player, not the finished product and he has suffered from not playing in his preferred position regularly for basically 2 years. if we can get someone better than him than won't be particularly bothered. this won't be easy and considering we have so many other positions to fill in the team, it's a task we could do without.

Still think however talented a player Zoggy is, or isn't, or could potentially be if only...I think there's something about him that just suggests he's a "broken window" in the squad...a source of discontent etc. If losing him means we gain better team morale (assuming we do recruit a suitable replacement) then aye, all well and good.

We should be looking to keep hold of talented kids and develop them.  :undecided:

He's not the finished article I agree. It's ironic that he is probably leaving because he's spent so much time playing second fiddle to the finished article. Because I'm pretty sure Damien Duff is finished as a top player.

He's not the finished article I agree. It's ironic that he is probably leaving because he's spent so much time playing second fiddle to the finished article. Because I'm pretty sure Damien Duff is finished as a top player.

:lol:  :weep:

Ah well, you see...that puts a slightly different slant on things, and just goes to show that my memory's not what it was. :lol:

Still think however talented a player Zoggy is, or isn't, or could potentially be if only...I think there's something about him that just suggests he's a "broken window" in the squad...a source of discontent etc. If losing him means we gain better team morale (assuming we do recruit a suitable replacement) then aye, all well and good.

I don't really disagree with you tbf. It's quite clear that his head is quite firmly lodged in his anal passage.

If he is so concerned about being with his family then let him buy out his newly signed 5 year contract - the c*** wouldn't do that!

He couldnt anyway!! It only for players over the age of 28 i think.

I'd go along with that.  :thup:

Duff was an excellent player 5 years ago but he's very, very ordinary now. I'm not saying I condone N'Zogbia being a grumpy bastard, but watching Duff picked in preference to you must vex the lad.