Defoe yellow card? (shirt off but with vest/top underneath)

Guest Alan_Shearer

Guest Alan_Shearer

I thought you were allowed to take your shirt off if you had a vest or something on underneath...i know its Serie A but Kaka doesn't get booked when he does it with his "i belong to JESUS" vest on lol.

Anyway, why is it still a booking then? Sponsorships on the shirt?

i know its Serie A but Kaka doesn't get booked when he does it with his "i belong to JESUS" vest on lol.

It wasn't SerieA but CL. And it was after the game was over anyway.

... Otherwise I don't know :razz: I'm guessing it's still a rule everywhere, Ribery got booked in the friendly on Wednesday for for doing it.

you look at rules that referees don't enforce or are useless at judging yet they are 100% consistent about booking a player for removing a shirt. bit harsh.

cos it's bloody obvious and they have no choice

you look at rules that referees don't enforce or are useless at judging yet they are 100% consistent about booking a player for removing a shirt. bit harsh.

Not much room for interpretation in whether he takes his shirt off or not :D

Has anyone ever got a second yellow for it? I'd love to see the face of that person. :)

I can't remember it happening too often, which would suggest they know exactly what they're doing when they remove their shirts.

Guest Insane Psycho

Has anyone ever got a second yellow for it? I'd love to see the face of that person. :)

the cunt robinho

Not much room for interpretation in whether he takes his shirt off or not :D

Rob Styles could get it wrong

The rules state if you take your shirt off, you get booked. Everyone knows this, it's not fucking rocket science.

Any player who has a T-Shirt on underneath with a slogan on underneath his football top and goes out with the pre-meditated idea of removing his shirt when he scores must have shit for brains.

Now whether the rule is a good one or not is another debate. Personally I think it's a good idea in that it stops (Or at least limits) players making political or religious statements etc when they score. You don't belong to Jesus, you belong to AC Milan. Now put your bloody top back on and get back to what you're paid to do.

Personally I'd make it a red card offence, that'd stop them. :)

Guest Stephen927

To be honest, if I was a manager and one of my players took their shirt off I'd absolutely bollock them. The rule has been around long enough, its happened to enough players but yet you still see it happening and then the inevitable yellow card following it.