Timing: Our past, the present, our future? by NE5

James

HO Ho as I said the same old rubbish. Nothing changes where you are concerned.

Perhaps you can give straight answers to the following questions that you brither NE5 avoids.

1. Do you think the quality of performance under Sir John Hall and KK has been maintained under Shepherd?

2. Do you think an ambitious club and chairman would appoint Souness and Roeder as Managers?

I'll give you a clue the answer to the questions is "Yes" or "No"

Try not to get too personal, there are people on here who do want sensible debate rather than dismissive contempt.

Now I'll repeat:

1. Do you think the quality of performance under Sir John Hall and KK has been maintained under Shepherd?

2. Do you think an ambitious club and chairman would appoint Souness and Roeder as Managers?

Nothing changes where you're concerned. We play shit, you make a critical post. We play well, you post it's a one off, that the opponents were crap. Whatever you can think of to put the performance down.

From your posts at the time it was obvious you found it galling when Robson had us finishing 4th, 3rd and 5th, although you'll deny it now and you'll rely on people who weren't around at that time to think I'm making it up. Some of us know who is telling the truth here though.

If you can read then you will know that my views on the 2 questions you've asked have already been answered many times before. The first question is stupid, tbh. By your own admission over the last few years of reading your posts, you believe Keegan was a shite manager and the team he produced was shite, so the real question is do YOU think the performances have been maintained since Keegan? They're pretty shite now so you probably think they have.

Don't do that. You are falling into the NE5 trap of making up another person's view and then criticising them for it.

It would be good if some had the guts to admit they got it wrong by supporting Souness long after such support should have disappeared. Who knows, had there been no support for him sooner the Board may have sacked him before he'd wasted £50m, as I predicted and was slated for as usual. I did say I didn't want him given any money during that very first transfer window and the responses were along the lines of the responses I'll no doubt get to this post.

This is the most disingenious part of either your's or NE5's argument. Trying to demolish someone else's argument by saying that they supported the team manager appointed, and backed, by Shepherd.

Now you are even sugegsting that if more people had had a go at Souness earlier the chairman may have done something about it earlier !! Is that really the leadership you expect from our chairman ?

The key part of the chairman's job is to ensure that he has the correct person as team manager. You seem to suggest that these decisions are only taken when the crow do tell the chairman what to do and when. This matches up with Shepherd saying 'the fans' wanted Roeder.

My mother could do that. If it really is down to listening to phone-ins, reading chat-sites to decide whether to sack a manager, and who to replace him with then seriously even NE5 could do that. Yes even him. Although only if my mother turned it down. I would guess he would be able to do it for mebbe half of the £500,000 the club pay Shepherd.   

Why do you keep quoting people's posts and writing nowt of your own?

Is the blue text yours?

Blue text? You're making assumptions, the sign of an idiot. There is no blue text displayed in my browser.

No doubt you think everyone uses the same settings on their PC, a quite stupid assumption to make and a pretty basic error on the part of the person posting.

I don't care if you agree with the facts I post or not. They are facts, and the views I post are based on reality.

Some people can't tell the difference between facts and spin. Fact!

On average, around seven clubs finish above us since Fat Fred took over. In some seasons it's as many as ten or 12. Fact!

Your particular version of "lies, damn lies and statistics" also foolishly ignores that the situation has been steadily getting worse and worse for years. Fact!

Only since they appointed your man Souness. Fact.

Do you still support him ? 10th request ...... or is it 9th, its been so many now times you've avoided it ....

I'm sure we all support Souness - what with money from ticket sales going towards paying him off, we're supporting him very nicely.

you've made Ozzies day, along with Mick

Have you forgot that I am Mick, NE5? As well as Ozzie, and Toon's Taylor of course.

Seriously though, whilst I admire your stubbornness, does it never occur to you that there is rather a large proportion of fans (on this forum and Toontastic, at least) that do not rate the chairman?

Why do you think that so many individuals hold this view?

because they've not seen a shite one ?

Have you forgot that I am Mick, NE5? As well as Ozzie, and Toon's Taylor of course.

Seriously though, whilst I admire your stubbornness, does it never occur to you that there is rather a large proportion of fans (on this forum and Toontastic, at least) that do not rate the chairman?

Because our club is the 5th best club in the premiership. Fact!

you're learning

because they've not seen a shite one ?

So you believe nothing can be bettered, as it's not as bad as the past?

Why did we bother to upgrade SJP then, surely before that it was still better than previously.

Oh Freddies back.

But now he has resorted to posting absolute lies in desperation, but I expected no less. On this and other boards HTL you have been a complete failure. I forgot that you are the only living supporter who watched matches prior to 92.

Go back to the parade ground old boy and get rid of that anger and pent up energy.

Attention.

you did think Keegans team was crap, and you know it

HO Ho as I said the same old rubbish. Nothing changes where you are concerned.

Perhaps you can give straight answers to the following questions that you brither NE5 avoids.

I'll give you a clue the answer to the questions is "Yes" or "No"

Try not to get too personal, there are people on here who do want sensible debate rather than dismissive contempt.

Now I'll repeat:

Nothing changes where you're concerned. We play shit, you make a critical post. We play well, you post it's a one off, that the opponents were crap. Whatever you can think of to put the performance down.

From your posts at the time it was obvious you found it galling when Robson had us finishing 4th, 3rd and 5th, although you'll deny it now and you'll rely on people who weren't around at that time to think I'm making it up. Some of us know who is telling the truth here though.

If you can read then you will know that my views on the 2 questions you've asked have already been answered many times before. The first question is stupid, tbh. By your own admission over the last few years of reading your posts, you believe Keegan was a shite manager and the team he produced was shite, so the real question is do YOU think the performances have been maintained since Keegan? They're pretty shite now so you probably think they have.

Don't do that. You are falling into the NE5 trap of making up another person's view and then criticising them for it.

It would be good if some had the guts to admit they got it wrong by supporting Souness long after such support should have disappeared. Who knows, had there been no support for him sooner the Board may have sacked him before he'd wasted £50m, as I predicted and was slated for as usual. I did say I didn't want him given any money during that very first transfer window and the responses were along the lines of the responses I'll no doubt get to this post.

This is the most disingenious part of either your's or NE5's argument. Trying to demolish someone else's argument by saying that they supported the team manager appointed, and backed, by Shepherd.

Now you are even sugegsting that if more people had had a go at Souness earlier the chairman may have done something about it earlier !! Is that really the leadership you expect from our chairman ?

The key part of the chairman's job is to ensure that he has the correct person as team manager. You seem to suggest that these decisions are only taken when the crow do tell the chairman what to do and when. This matches up with Shepherd saying 'the fans' wanted Roeder.

My mother could do that. If it really is down to listening to phone-ins, reading chat-sites to decide whether to sack a manager, and who to replace him with then seriously even NE5 could do that. Yes even him. Although only if my mother turned it down. I would guess he would be able to do it for mebbe half of the £500,000 the club pay Shepherd.   

Why do you keep quoting people's posts and writing nowt of your own?

Is the blue text yours?

Blue text? You're making assumptions, the sign of an idiot. There is no blue text displayed in my browser.

No doubt you think everyone uses the same settings on their PC, a quite stupid assumption to make and a pretty basic error on the part of the person posting.

bluesleep.gif

What a terrible error on my behalf, good thing I read posts before replying, at least I would know what I've typed and what somebody else has added.

Am I correct in assuming that you post before you read or that you assume that people always quote correctly?

It's astonishing, really, that Fat Fred has managed to convince a tiny but vocal minority that the buck doesn't stop with him.

It just goes to show that even someone as piss-poor at PR as FFS can still fool some of the people all of the time.

are you spending your money in the mackems shop these days instead of the shit club at SJP ?

Funny as fook that Mick is actually supporting you.

:lol:

Do you believe that the support ( or lack of ) of the fans of a manager goes unnoticed by the Board?

Doh!

Yes, it's clearly support from you and NE5 that sustains the wonderful regime that is giving us all the great football, glorious victories and thrilling Intertoto nights that we are so profoundly fortunate to be enduring today.

instead of all the glorious memories of fighting against 2nd division mediocrity previously, that you presumably think was a golden era

Friggin' blah blah blah blah blah

NE5 and Howaythelads. Imagine them two when they're in an old folks home- sending all the old gadgies glass eyes to sleep.

Honestly, its one thing to talk crap but to talk boring lame tired old crap takes a special kind of superbore.

bluesleep.gif bluesleep.gif bluesleep.gif bluesleep.gif bluesleep.gif bluesleep.gif

For the record. I think the performance of the team has been generally good up until the huge error of Souness, which is what has caused where we are today and the type of posts I see on this forum. There were reasons for appointing Souness, reasons that I recall many people being supportive of including you ( ie players going off the rails and having no respect for the manager ) at the time, but like others you have conveniently forgotten now.

You must be having a laugh if you thought the performances were "generally good up until the huge error of Souness."

Did you go to either FA Cup final?

Did you go to many games under either Gullit or Dalglish? (<-------- edited to point out to someone how to use a ?)

We had some good games under both managers but we had more dross than "generally good." 

Terrible isn't it reaching the FA Cup Final.

Just think of all those years with a good board, and all those supporters of other clubs with good boards, watching us at home.

Like you presumably. I thought you were getting paranoid and losing your marbles but supporting Ozzie confirms it.

It's astonishing, really, that Fat Fred has managed to convince a tiny but vocal minority that the buck doesn't stop with him.

It just goes to show that even someone as piss-poor at PR as FFS can still fool some of the people all of the time.

are you spending your money in the mackems shop these days instead of the shit club at SJP ?

Funny as fook that Mick is actually supporting you.

:lol:

I don't see anything funny at all apart from your reaction, I can agree with people about some things and disagree with them about others.  Would you now say that Shepherd was shite if Ozzie said that he was good?

I can’t see anything wrong with that, nothing at all.

What a terrible error on my behalf, good thing I read posts before replying, at least I would know what I've typed and what somebody else has added.

Am I correct in assuming that you post before you read or that you assume that people always quote correctly?

if you read them why are you asking who makes the blue text  :roll:

Terrible isn't it reaching the FA Cup Final.

Just think of all those years with a good board, and all those supporters of other clubs with good boards, watching us at home.

Like you presumably. I thought you were getting paranoid and losing your marbles but supporting Ozzie confirms it.

Is it terrible reaching the FA Cup Final?

I didn't watch them at home, I was in the Olympic Gallery for the Man U final (about 5 or 6 seats away from one of your heroes, Fanny Gowling) and in the cheap seats for the Arsenal game.

Supporting Ozzie means nothing more than agreeing with him about this, I guess it'll not always be the case but I can't think of a single person ever in my life who I've agreed with 100% all of the time.

If I took your approach then I'd never agree with anybody, a bit like you at the minute.

if you read them why are you asking who makes the blue text  :roll:

I asked a question to make a point, think about it.

Friggin' blah blah blah blah blah

NE5 and Howaythelads. Imagine them two when they're in an old folks home- sending all the old gadgies glass eyes to sleep.

It'd be a bit like the Four Yorkshiremen sketch.

"When I was a bairn the club could only afford eleven one-legged men!"

"Luxury! When I[/] was a bairn we could only afford ONE one-legged man, and he had to play with a lump of concrete instead of a football boot!"

"That's nowt, that! Until Wor Freddy put things right, the goalkeeper had no arms and the mackems were allowed to field 27 players!"

"Aye, try telling that to the young people today and they'll not believe a word of it!"

I'm stunned.

I desperately try not to quote 100 line bits from other people, I carefully cut out irrelevent bits (ie most of NE5's stuff) and try to only put in blue answers so people can see where I my points are related to. Then I find someone doesn't do blue !

Mayeb I shoudl do block capital letters. The worst thing is w***ers like NE5 people who quote huge posts and give a one line reply, though