Europe.... apparently?

Guest hindu times

Guest LucaAltieri

As nobody knows how it works, and there's probably no one that actually checks, at the end of the season we should just say that we've qualified for europe via the fair play table. Get the club to release a statement, the media will parrot it, and the people at UEFA won't want to appear silly so they'll just stick us in anyway.

I call it the George Bush/Fox News approach.

Guest FlapjackJoe

We're miles off the top, forget this idea asap.

By the way, teams get 10 points, then lose points for yellow & red cards, etc...

As nobody knows how it works, and there's probably no one that actually checks, at the end of the season we should just say that we've qualified for europe via the fair play table, get the club to release a statement, the media will parrot it, and the people at UEFA won't want to appear silly so they'll just stick us in anyway.

I call it the George Bush/Fox News approach.

A plan, I like it.

While I woudnt say no to qualifying for Europe, there is something not right about a team that has performed so poorly for so long, being given the opportunity of playing inthe UEFA Cup

do you know how we entered the fairs cup ?

I dont and am guessing the answer  :-[

Keefaz. Promoting fair play is a great idea. Just think there should be a way of doing it while trying to make sure the competition is still filled with the better quality teams.

Dare I say, the irony could be that by the time we would get to play in the competion, if today is a yardstick, we would be worthy entrants anyway

Surely that's the idea of the 'positive play' bit?

Playing fair doesnt mean that your a good team though. We are obviously the best example of that.