Joey Barton gets six months in jail - See page 4

morgs
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's scum of the earth and I'd love to see the club have the balls to out him before the start of next season.

Don't know about you but I'm more bothered than anything about what our players do on the pitch, clearly their lifestyles off the pitch mean more to you.

So dragging the good name of the club through the crap and being the worst of role models means nothing to you then?

The what?

He's scum of the earth and I'd love to see the club have the balls to out him before the start of next season.

Don't know about you but I'm more bothered than anything about what our players do on the pitch, clearly their lifestyles off the pitch mean more to you.

So dragging the good name of the club through the crap and being the worst of role models means nothing to you then?

I always laugh when people try to hold footballers, rock stars etc. up as role models. No wonder people bang on about moral decline if that's the case. Not that I'm happy with the way Barton has behaved of course.

I always laugh when people try to hold footballers, rock stars etc. up as role models. No wonder people bang on about moral decline if that's the case. Not that I'm happy with the way Barton has behaved of course.

So true footballers, rock stars etc as role models. What a laugh.

Let's be honest Barton hasn't really done anything worse than half the people who watch Newcastle will have done at some time in their lives.  It's easy to sound sanctimonious but we've all done stupid things in our early twenties that we'd be ashamed of later.

Unfortunately Barton's profile has meant he's paid a higher price.

It would be nice to expect exemplary behaviour from these highly paid young men but in the real world it isn't going to happen.

Although it's debatable whether he should have been in that burger place in Liverpool in the first place, he was seriously wound up and (allegedly) defending a friend. The kid was set up to some extent.

Barton comes across as quite lucid and intelligent ( by footballer standards ) when he speaks, and what he said about Newcastle fans earlier this season was very accurate and well put.

If he plays well then brilliant even if he is a total thug?  Actually, I probably agree to a degree that as long as he does it on the pitch then it doesn't matter -  however saying that, his off the pitch activities does actually matter to what he does on the pitch - if he gets banged up for a long stretch because he's a thug then what's the use in him?  We haven't been able to play the tw*t for part of the season because he of his bail conditions and he hasn't exactly got a history of learning his lesson.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Barton the potential to be a NUFC icon, the type that is loved by his own fans but hated by every other.

I think he will be immense next season (if he dosnt go down) and with the right partner could dominate the middle of the park for 4-5 seasons here.

The what?

bluelaugh.gif

So true footballers, rock stars etc as role models. What a laugh.

Let's be honest Barton hasn't really done anything worse than half the people who watch Newcastle will have done at some time in their lives.  It's easy to sound sanctimonious but we've all done stupid things in our early twenties that we'd be ashamed of later.

Unfortunately Barton's profile has meant he's paid a higher price.

It would be nice to expect exemplary behaviour from these highly paid young men but in the real world it isn't going to happen.

Although it's debatable whether he should have been in that burger place in Liverpool in the first place, he was seriously wound up and (allegedly) defending a friend. The kid was set up to some extent.

Barton comes across as quite lucid and intelligent ( by footballer standards ) when he speaks, and what he said about Newcastle fans earlier this season was very accurate and well put.

Well put, the problem is more from society's point of view for turning these young men with money to burn into role models.

Unfortunately responsibility and maturity does not go hand in hand with footballing talent.

I think Barton probably needs that fire in his belly to play effectively, if you took that away from him his game may suffer however he needs to control it and that where I guess the older members of the squad and the coaching staff come in.

Off the field, I hope he's learned that there are aspects of your life you have to sacrifice where you become famous. Some of the things you enjoyed doing, some of the company you kept, you just can't do anymore.

Guest fraser

In fact, when he ran over to the fans last Sunday the cheers grew louder, moving him to throw his shirt into the crowd. Don't know if anybody else noticed.

If he's done the things that he is accused of, without defence, then calling him a thug may be fair enough otherwise he's behaved immaturely (like a load of blokes in their 20s) by stopping out too late, having too much to drink and placing himself in a vulnerable position. Let's see what happens in Court.

I think previously stubbing a cigarette out in a youth player's eye, beating up a 15yr old everton fan, kicking the daylights out of teammate dabo and then the latest affray could be termed thuggish! Hardly boyish exuberance!

I think previously stubbing a cigarette out in a youth player's eye, beating up a 15yr old everton fan, kicking the daylights out of teammate dabo and then the latest affray could be termed thuggish! Hardly boyish exuberance!

Thats just how both of those things happened obviously ;)  Clearly he did wrong in both cases, but why believe the tabloid version of events?

Guest fraser

Kicking the daylights out of the team-mate is sub judice. As for the other two incidents, I don't know, I wasn't there. However, in relation to the alleged incident with the youth player, it doesn't seem to bother Keegan (who was his manger at the time) too much. And Keegan is a man of high principle.

Guest mobiius

is that not jumping on the red top media bandwagon by convicting the lad before he has been tried at court.I don't know anyone that was at any of the mentioned incidents all i know is what i have read and i know it is hard not to think that there is no smoke without fire but regardless of who he plays for ,surely he deserves a fair trial. every time i read about the lad it mentions the fact that one of his family is in the clink for a racist murder, this gives a preconception of joey barton whether we like it or not.The fact is that he is, and should be innocent until proven guilty.I bet if everyone on here was perfectly honest there would be a hell of a lot of people admitting to crimes just as bad if not worse than what joey barton is now facing the difference is they havent been caught.i think KK will bring out the best in JB and that can only be beneficial to us.

Guest teepee

is that not jumping on the red top media bandwagon by convicting the lad before he has been tried at court.I don't know anyone that was at any of the mentioned incidents all i know is what i have read and i know it is hard not to think that there is no smoke without fire but regardless of who he plays for ,surely he deserves a fair trial. every time i read about the lad it mentions the fact that one of his family is in the clink for a racist murder, this gives a preconception of joey barton whether we like it or not.The fact is that he is, and should be innocent until proven guilty.I bet if everyone on here was perfectly honest there would be a hell of a lot of people admitting to crimes just as bad if not worse than what joey barton is now facing the difference is they havent been caught.i think KK will bring out the best in JB and that can only be beneficial to us.

jesus - i fuckin hope that very few on here can admit to crimes as bad or worse than the ones barton is charged with

jesus - i fuckin hope that very few on here can admit to crimes as bad or worse than the ones barton is charged with

Indeed

If we were talking about one isolated incident then fine, but its not and any fool can see Barton is a nutcase.  Suddenly because the feel good factor is back and Barton has played maybe 1 or 2 decent games, peope are chastised for telling the truth, he is a thug.  I actually said as long as he contributes to the playing side of things positively then I have no problem with him being here - I'd rather he was respectable but as long as his idiot actions don't affect our team - which they still might as he could easily get banged up, then I don't care - but to suddenly start trying to defend his actions which are not a one-off the guy has a long history of violence, is quite incredible and I find quite hypocritical for two reasons:

1. Before KK came and Barton started playing again and was under his strict bail conditions many were baying for his blood.

2. If he hadn't joined us and was still at Man City and had done his recent affray, how many would be spouting such sh*te as "its all tabloid rubbish" and "innocent till proven guilty" -  not as many methinks.

The justification for his actions both recently and in the past is incredible oh and just because some people in life may have done some similar crimes does NOT justify his actions - tell that to Dabo, tell that to the youth player, tell that to the 15 year old Everton fan who narrowly escaped a real hiding thanks to Dunne.  :crazy2:

just because Dapo ended up in hospital doesn't mean that Barton is guilty of assault, he has pleaded not guilty to the charge. I personally will wait until after the trial to judge him. IIRC it was said at the time that Dabo threw the first punch and Barton was defending himself, but i'll let the court decide that.

just because Dapo ended up in hospital doesn't mean that Barton is guilty of assault, he has pleaded not guilty to the charge. I personally will wait until after the trial to judge him. IIRC it was said at the time that Dabo threw the first punch and Barton was defending himself, but i'll let the court decide that.

He's banged to rights on the more recent charge though.

I hope he is making an effort to sort himself out though as he has good potential as a player. I could never criticise someone for their past actions if they admit they've got a bit of a problem and do something about it.

Theres a certain amount of tabloid sensationalism/ Joey Barton hysteria built in to the above stories I'm sure.

Well as a respectable middle aged citizen let me be the first to hold my hand up and say yes my "crimes" were as bad as those allegedly commited by Barton. I have D&D in the Bigg Market, ejected from a stadium (for no reason) and a couple of scraps against my name when I was young, believe me I haven't turned out too bad.

The courts will decide, but I also know Kevin Keegan is a very fair and astute man, and had Barton really been a bad 'un, Keegan would have dropped him like a brick.

Probably

Guest mobiius

like what? or is that the media saying so. So it must be right eh?

Theres a certain amount of tabloid sensationalism/ Joey Barton hysteria built in to the above stories I'm sure.

Well as a respectable middle aged citizen let me be the first to hold my hand up and say yes my "crimes" were as bad as those allegedly commited by Barton. I have D&D in the Bigg Market, ejected from a stadium (for no reason) and a couple of scraps against my name when I was young, believe me I haven't turned out too bad.

The courts will decide, but I also know Kevin Keegan is a very fair and astute man, and had Barton really been a bad 'un, Keegan would have dropped him like a brick.

Keegan is astute, and he appreciated that he had no choice but to get the best out of every player at his disposal if he was to get us out of the relegation mire, and that included Barton.

Keegan has said that he's been badly let down by Barton before, Allardyce was convinced that he could sort Barton out and failed miserably.

To some extent we've been down this road recently with Dire, Bellamy and Bowyer and it's not difficult to come to the conclusion that players of poor character never fulfil their potential and it's best to end the relationship early in order to minimise the disappointment, that's why I'd like to see the back of Barton sooner rather than later.

Class yesterday like.

Looked like the player we were all hoping for when we signed him.

yeah he is looking good. so is geremi.

and i think most of their success can be tracked back to Nicky Butt who has been absolutely outstanding the last 3 games. Fair play to the trio.