A Bigger Idiot Than Bramble?

Crumpy Gunt

Guest kingdawson

if i was your manager, my team would be:

given

carr      taylor        moore    bernard

duff    emre        parker    n'zogbia

ameobi    martins

subs; harper, bramble, milner, butt, rossi (no room for solano)

sadly for you guys, you have roeder in charge

i dont blame roeder for all the shit we're in - but i fucking despise him for picking bramble ahead of taylor. wft is wrong with him. bramble has consistently proven that he's got the attention-span of a fucking slug, and he will make serious mistakes in every bloody game he plays.

he should never play for this club again, especially not when there is an impressive england u21 defender just waiting to get a proper run of games - it is a disgrace!!!

as for picking carr - there really are no alternatives, but when we get baba/bernard back i'd stick ramage on the right, even if he is shite too!

our defence for now:

ramage-taylor-moore-bernard

our defence come january:

new pl-taylor-new pl-new pl

then - and only then - will we see improvements!

Guest Gemmill

Why the hell do people think Stephen Taylor deserves a place in the team? He has been as shocking as Bramble this year, and despite showing glimpses of promise in the past.

Bramble costs us games week after week after week.  Taylor at least looks like he has some promise for the future, Bramble is finished at Newcastle United.  That's why people want Taylor picked ahead of Bramble.

Nobody is saying that Taylor is a world beater, but we HAVE to wash our hands of Bramble, the sooner the better.

Why the hell do people think Stephen Taylor deserves a place in the team? He has been as shocking as Bramble this year, and despite showing glimpses of promise in the past.

How often has he played this season?

its CLEAR he is a far better pkayer than Shambles, who isn't even comically bad any more, he's just shite.

its CLEAR he is a far better pkayer than Shambles, who isn't even comically bad any more, he's just shite.

Amen.

Roeder's reward for a player continually costing the team 3 points?  Another start!  GENIUS!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Bramble. I'm just arguing the point that do we really have a better player on our hands in Taylor? I agree he has shown promise, but in his games this year (for us and England) he has been just as shocking as Bramble.

No, no he hasn't. Bramble is one of the least talented central defenders in the Premiership. Taylor has a lot of quality, imo.

i agree that bramble has the physical attributes to be a top defender - but his head just doesn't work right - hence he will never ever be a top defender.

as for taylor being as poor this season - he need to be shown the same sort of faith as bramble, ramage, carr, moore. give the lad a run of games in the first team and i we will see a lot more from him!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Bramble. I'm just arguing the point that do we really have a better player on our hands in Taylor? I agree he has shown promise, but in his games this year (for us and England) he has been just as shocking as Bramble.

No, no he hasn't. Bramble is one of the least talented central defenders in the Premiership. Taylor has a lot of quality, imo.

... I know it's hypothetical, but if you take the mistakes out of Bramble and Taylor, in my opinion Bramble is the better player.

Please don't take offence, but when the f*ck are some people going to wake up and smell the coffee - you can't take the mistakes out of Bramble, they are inherent, they are part of his make up - HE IS AN IDIOT WHO MAKES TERRIBLE DECISIONS ON THE PARK!!!!

So when you take that into account its very easy - Bramble is awful and should not be in the team, the club or anywhere in the EPL!!!

There are some real idiots posting here...The black sheep was Boumsong before. They got rid of him now they have Bramble to single out and make him as scapegoat...

How many times I said to some of the non thinking brains here that the defense is not made of one player, but four at least...The whole backline is SHIT...To think that our situation will improve if we replace Bramble with Taylor is just as stupid as the idea of making Roeder our manager...

As a matter of fact, Bramble played OK yesterday and out of the back four I would say Carr was the WORST...

I don't mind trying Taylor instead of Bramble, I just know FOR SURE THAT WE WILL STILL BE LEAKING GOALS...why ? Because THE WHOLE defense is a joke...

If Campbell had been signed on a Bosman, you would have got a top class CD with the benefit of having Taylor learn at first hand how the job should be done.  Taylor is a top quality prospect who is not being trained in the art of making the right decisions.  The same could be said about Bramble too.

If Campbell had been signed on a Bosman, you would have got a top class CD with the benefit of having Taylor learn at first hand how the job should be done. Taylor is a top quality prospect who is not being trained in the art of making the right decisions. The same could be said about Bramble too.

Agreed, but at the time, how many people on this board were pleased that we didn't go in for Campbell? (I'd say a good 85%). Hindsight is a lovely thing.

i dont think that is quite right - i was really gutted that we didn't go for him, as were many others. i was especially disgusted with the explanation that he was too old - coupled by the subsequent signing of sibierski....

I don't mind trying Taylor instead of Bramble

So why are you calling people idiots for suggesting the same thing?

I am not calling people idiots for suggesting to try Taylor instead of Bramble for a while NO...I am calling idiots the ones who keep making Bramble as the sole problem of our defense and if he is replaced then all our defensive problems are gone as if the rest of our defense are brillian and the fact that Bramble is making them look bad...

If Campbell had been signed on a Bosman, you would have got a top class CD with the benefit of having Taylor learn at first hand how the job should be done. Taylor is a top quality prospect who is not being trained in the art of making the right decisions. The same could be said about Bramble too.

Agreed, but at the time, how many people on this board were pleased that we didn't go in for Campbell? (I'd say a good 85%). Hindsight is a lovely thing.

I don't think it is hindsight tbh.  Detest the bloke like no other but I'm not silly enough to suggest he doesn't know to organise a back 4 and still has at least 3 years still at the top.  Think it simply shortsightedness on the NUFC management who believed the existing back 4 was good enough.  There will always be fans who will agree with the management on all decisions without thinking it through.

Guest Gemmill

I don't mind trying Taylor instead of Bramble

So why are you calling people idiots for suggesting the same thing?

I am not calling people idiots for suggesting to try Taylor instead of Bramble for a while NO...I am calling idiots the ones who keep making Bramble as the sole problem of our defense and if he is replaced then all our defensive problems are gone as if the rest of our defense are brillian and the fact that Bramble is making them look bad...

Find me a post where someone has said that if we replace Bramble, all will be well.  Nobody thinks that.  They would just prefer Taylor to play than Bramble.

Guest The Fox

There are some real idiots posting here...The black sheep was Boumsong before. They got rid of him now they have Bramble to single out and make him as scapegoat...

How many times I said to some of the non thinking brains here that the defense is not made of one player, but four at least...The whole backline is SHIT...To think that our situation will improve if we replace Bramble with Taylor is just as stupid as the idea of making Roeder our manager...

As a matter of fact, Bramble played OK yesterday and out of the back four I would say Carr was the WORST...

I don't mind trying Taylor instead of Bramble, I just know FOR SURE THAT WE WILL STILL BE LEAKING GOALS...why ? Because THE WHOLE defense is a joke...

He did not play ok, he was slow to cover Diouf for the first and left Diouf for the second. In every game he is a mistake waiting to happen and for that rason alone should be got rid of.

Mind you he's not the only one, there isn't a quality defender on the books. 

I don't think it is hindsight tbh. Detest the bloke like no other but I'm not silly enough to suggest he doesn't know to organise a back 4 and still has at least 3 years still at the top. Think it simply shortsightedness on the NUFC management who believed the existing back 4 was good enough. There will always be fans who will agree with the management on all decisions without thinking it through.

Not that I'm particularly keen to defend Roeder, but I remember it a bit differently - sure, age was mentioned, but the salient quote I remember went along the lines of Roeder being surprised by how few games he had played in the past two seasons ie was too big an injury risk...

That said, we really are a fucking shambles at the back...

We got £3.5m for Boumsong and didn't replace him.

I remember back end of last season people saying that he was worse than Bramble, Ramage & Moore. What a load of f*cking sh*te man. That's not to say he wasn't sh*te himself last season, but in 12 months time, ask me which one of those 4 are playing better/having a better career, and I'd say Boumsong every time.

Personally I didn't think that Bramble was poor. He was left exposed by the atrocious Carr for the first goal and Diouf would have been difficult for anybody to pick up once that had happened.

As far as the second goal goes that was a rehearsed Bolton move. The lack of organisation at set pieces is not only the defender's fault but also the preparation by the coach.

The centre of our defence will continue to be exposed by our inadequate full backs (I don't bear Ramage any ill-will as he's just being played out of position at full-back. He's a central defender). I thought Moore and Bramble coped well in the first-half though. Then Allardyce pushed both Anelka and Diouf wide. Cue chaos.

So far in recent matches (not all this season) Carr has been hopeless against any sort of pace i.e. Ronaldo, Lennon, Anelka. He effectively surrenders.

Personally I didn't think that Bramble was poor.

That's a quite ludicrous statement/opinion - Bramble was supposed to be picking up Diouf on both goals and failed completely.

This isn't the first time he has been guilty of ball watching either.

I don't disagree with your thoughts on the full back position but Bramble is just as bad - his concentration levels are lower than a child's.

Guest Gemmill

We got £3.5m for Boumsong and didn't replace him.

I remember back end of last season people saying that he was worse than Bramble, Ramage & Moore. What a load of f*cking sh*te man. That's not to say he wasn't sh*te himself last season, but in 12 months time, ask me which one of those 4 are playing better/having a better career, and I'd say Boumsong every time.

Whether he was better than Bramble, Ramage or Moore is irrelevant tbh.  He was still completely fucking shit and it was right to sell him.

I think it's only reasonable to factor in the difficulty in defending when the right back has been so completely turned over, giving the crosser the amount of time and space he had to play the ball. That would have exposed any centre back.

The same applies pretty much to the second; Bramble's decision was to let Davies head the ball unchallenged or attack the ball. I though Carr should have had Diouf at that one. It's basic defending to come in and cover your centre back.

I think it's only reasonable to factor in the difficulty in defending when the right back has been so completely turned over, giving the crosser the amount of time and space he had to play the ball. That would have exposed any centre back.

The same applies pretty much to the second; Bramble's decision was to let Davies head the ball unchallenged or attack the ball. I though Carr should have had Diouf at that one. It's basic defending to come in and cover your centre back.

I agree with your comments regarding the full back and the centre back';s life is not made any easier with the incompetency of our full backs.

However, I don't agree that in particular for the second goal that Bramble should have left his man to challenge for a ball that was being dealt with by another player and leaving the player he was marking completely on his own - he was attracted to the ball like a fly to sh*t without any thought to the situation around him - classic Bramble defending.

Diouf was not being marked By Carr, but by Brambe - perhaps Carr should have been near the post but make no mistake, Diouf was Bramble's man at that moment and once again his inability to make the right decision at a crucial time and also his lack of awareness of the situation has lost us a goal.