A Bigger Idiot Than Bramble?

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Ridzuan

Bramble has proved time and time again that he is a piece of crap and he dont deserve to play for us.Unfortunately for us,Glenn cannot realise this and he is putting too much hope on something that is hopeless.If his Bolton's performance didnt convinced Glenn that Bramble is crap,then I dont know what will.

Guest redmayne

:thup:

He even looks as thick as paste - personally i think he should be ground down to mak glue

at least the ball would stick to him better if he ever made contact with it

Personally I didn't think that Bramble was poor. He was left exposed by the atrocious Carr for the first goal and Diouf would have been difficult for anybody to pick up once that had happened.

As far as the second goal goes that was a rehearsed Bolton move. The lack of organisation at set pieces is not only the defender's fault but also the preparation by the coach.

The centre of our defence will continue to be exposed by our inadequate full backs (I don't bear Ramage any ill-will as he's just being played out of position at full-back. He's a central defender). I thought Moore and Bramble coped well in the first-half though. Then Allardyce pushed both Anelka and Diouf wide. Cue chaos.

So far in recent matches (not all this season) Carr has been hopeless against any sort of pace i.e. Ronaldo, Lennon, Anelka. He effectively surrenders.

Agree with everything except the bit that Diouf was difficult to pickup. A well drilled defense would never have made a mistake as big as that - that goal was schoolboy stuff.

Then Allardyce pushed both Anelka and Diouf wide. Cue chaos.

I thought Ramage coped with Diouf reasonably well, Diouf didn't contribute that much in open play other than a few theatrical dives. The fat prick on the other hand...

why does Roeder still believe in Bramble instead of Steven Taylor? :\

Because Roeder is as much a disgrace as a mangager as Shambles is as a footballer.

We are, rightly, a laughing stock.

good point

Personally I didn't think that Bramble was poor.

That's a quite ludicrous statement/opinion - Bramble was supposed to be picking up Diouf on both goals and failed completely.

This isn't the first time he has been guilty of ball watching either.

I don't disagree with your thoughts on the full back position but Bramble is just as bad - his concentration levels are lower than a child's.

It's not as simple as saying Bramble was poor, the back 4 as a defensive unit aren't working as a team.  Maybe Bramble left Diouf for the 2nd goal because his concentration failed him, maybe he didn't have confidence in Moore to clear the cross, maybe he thought Carr would cover for him.  The back 4 have to take collective responsibility in what they're doing.  To blame Bramble in isolation is no different to blaming one midfielder when the MF is being overrun by the opposition or to blame one striker when there's no goals being scored.

That's a quite ludicrous statement/opinion - Bramble was supposed to be picking up Diouf on both goals and failed completely.

I don't disagree with your thoughts on the full back position but Bramble is just as bad - his concentration levels are lower than a child's.

It's not as simple as saying Bramble was poor, the back 4 as a defensive unit aren't working as a team. Maybe Bramble left Diouf for the 2nd goal because his concentration failed him, maybe he didn't have confidence in Moore to clear the cross, maybe he thought Carr would cover for him. The back 4 have to take collective responsibility in what they're doing. To blame Bramble in isolation is no different to blaming one midfielder when the MF is being overrun by the opposition or to blame one striker when there's no goals being scored.

Pardon me but where did I blame Bramble solely for our defensive mistakes this season?

Carr is utterly dreadful, Moore very, very average and it isn't worth mentioning Ramage.

But give me a break, you sound like f*cking Roeder - Bramble has made some dreadful mistakes this season!

Enough with your 'maybes' - they are excuses, I'm sure you could use those excuses for almost every mistake he has made - it was a blatant and schoolboy error for that second goal.

It's not as simple as saying Bramble was poor, the back 4 as a defensive unit aren't working as a team. Maybe Bramble left Diouf for the 2nd goal because his concentration failed him, maybe he didn't have confidence in Moore to clear the cross, maybe he thought Carr would cover for him. The back 4 have to take collective responsibility in what they're doing. To blame Bramble in isolation is no different to blaming one midfielder when the MF is being overrun by the opposition or to blame one striker when there's no goals being scored.

Pardon me but where did I blame Bramble solely for our defensive mistakes this season?

Carr is utterly dreadful, Moore very, very average and it isn't worth mentioning Ramage.

But give me a break, you sound like f*cking Roeder - Bramble has made some dreadful mistakes this season!

Enough with your 'maybes' - they are excuses, I'm sure you could use those excuses for almost every mistake he has made - it was a blatant and schoolboy error for that second goal.

Exactly.

But there are still people who think he has some mythical (and nonexistant) ability. Because they believe what they are told.

Bramble is NOT a premiership defender.

Surprised about Duff, thought he would be a good addition. He has been quality, so for him I would say give him time. You do not become a bad player, overnight.

Wel i wish you were all as patient with luque?  I despair

Surprised about Duff, thought he would be a good addition. He has been quality, so for him I would say give him time. You do not become a bad player, overnight.

Wel i wish you were all as patient with luque? I despair

The difference, of course, is that Duff at least puts a modicum of effort when playing for the Toon...

I think that our mistakes are due to the team effort, its how we defend as a team. I am aware that positionally some positions are weak, but we are weak exist up front as well as at the back, despite spending 37m quid to replace Shearer and Bellamy on attackers.

Basically, do you have any confidence in our current forwards to keep the ball, grasp the initiative and enable their team mates to support them ?

No.

ANY defence would struggle under these circumstances.

We still need forwards who can do the job we need them to do. Ameobi isn't good enough and Martins is struggling to adapt, if he ever does, and the lack of support, creative play and a partner alongside him, isn't making it any easier for him.

We also need to take our chances when they come along. This is a fact. If Ramage had scored that goal on Saturday we would have been 2-0 up and a different game. Martins also, is missing the target too often which is worrying, thats what its all about, taking your chances. If you don't do that, this is also putting pressure on your defenders to hang onto your lead.

The only bigger idiot than Bramble is the chairman that would give him a new contract, eh NE5? ;)

Good post though.

I am sure others will give him a contract. If you take your blinkers off you will see plenty of other clubs in the premiership buy flops. Even the top 4 clubs, who many people like you think they are incapable of doing. This is reality, of which you frequently appear to have zero grasp of, as you do here.

And I make good posts all the time, again if you took your blinkers off and considered the real world you would see that too.

Otherwise, thanks.

And - to repeat past comments, if the manager recommends a player for a contract, and his chairman backs his judgement, then he's a good chairman for doing that. I expect you still won't understand that either.

The only bigger idiot than Bramble is the chairman that would give him a new contract, eh NE5? ;)

Good post though.

I am sure others will give him a contract. If you take your blinkers off you will see plenty of other clubs in the premiership buy flops. Even the top 4 clubs, who many people like you think they are incapable of doing. This is reality, of which you frequently appear to have zero grasp of, as you do here.

And I make good posts all the time, again if you took your blinkers off and considered the real world you would see that too.

Otherwise, thanks.

And - to repeat past comments, if the manager recommends a player for a contract, and his chairman backs his judgement, then he's a good chairman for doing that. I expect you still won't understand that either.

Oh come on, I was taking the piss. ;)

The more I think about Martins especially after seeing Anelka play a full game the more I worry. He seems to snatch at things and has no awareness of what is happenning around him.

His inability to hit the target, and general lack of trying to create in a footballing sense, is bothering me a lot.

Mind, we also know Anelka blows hot and cold, and always will, [although the spells he has when he is good, are very good] so I wouldn't particularly want Anelka at Newcastle.

Good post though.

Otherwise, thanks.

Oh come on, I was taking the piss. ;)

Never  :winking:

Martins is only 21, he has proven in his time he can score goals so I wouldn't worry just yet. There aren't many out there as young as him who have done as much in there careers. If you want more at that age you are going to be paying a lot more (Rooney £28m, Torres being valued at around that, Bent being valued at £15m, Defoe at something like £12m)

I think that our mistakes are due to the team effort, its how we defend as a team. I am aware that positionally some positions are weak, but we are weak exist up front as well as at the back, despite spending 37m quid to replace Shearer and Bellamy on attackers.

Basically, do you have any confidence in our current forwards to keep the ball, grasp the initiative and enable their team mates to support them ?

No.

ANY defence would struggle under these circumstances.

We still need forwards who can do the job we need them to do. Ameobi isn't good enough and Martins is struggling to adapt, if he ever does, and the lack of support, creative play and a partner alongside him, isn't making it any easier for him.

We also need to take our chances when they come along. This is a fact. If Ramage had scored that goal on Saturday we would have been 2-0 up and a different game. Martins also, is missing the target too often which is worrying, thats what its all about, taking your chances. If you don't do that, this is also putting pressure on your defenders to hang onto your lead.

Good post. I`ve been saying this for a while now. The whole team is a shambles. Let the small minded have their scapegoat, its saves them having to put too much effort into thinking of the bigger picture. It`s a new scapegoat each week.  To think how many comical Errors Rio Ferdinand has made in his career for Man Ure and England, but it doesn`t lead to a goal like in our case with him being ridiculed because he has quality around him to tidy up.

Martins is only 21, he has proven in his time he can score goals so I wouldn't worry just yet. There aren't many out there as young as him who have done as much in there careers. If you want more at that age you are going to be paying a lot more (Rooney £28m, Torres being valued at around that, Bent being valued at £15m, Defoe at something like £12m)

Oh come on, we all know he's 28 really.  Just look at his face - that's a lived in face, that is

Oh come on, we all know he's 28 really.  Just look at his face - that's a lived in face, that is

:lol:  :lol:  Thats what i always think.

• 1 month later...
Guest redmayne

http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/DF621155-B528-4681-9738-E91C31CF93D3/0/roeder_glenn_large.jpg

Well he picks him!

But Roeder is proving he's not up to the task with every game that goes by. Man U was ****ing spineless as I've witnessed and today was just as bad, 2nd half especially.

bring back Keegan

here here!!!

at least we'd be entertained and would know the defence was going to be shite

http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/DF621155-B528-4681-9738-E91C31CF93D3/0/roeder_glenn_large.jpg

Well he picks him!

But Roeder is proving he's not up to the task with every game that goes by. Man U was ****ing spineless as I've witnessed and today was just as bad, 2nd half especially.

bring back Keegan

here here!!!

at least we'd be entertained and would know the defence was going to be shite

the defence was far from shite. But sort out your quotes !!!  :winking:

I've said it before, as much as he's little shit, a fully fit Dyer breaking from midfield etc would make a massive difference, or someone similar signed, and we also need a forward - badly, despite spending all the money on forwards, far more than defenders.