Senderos Vs Taylor

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arsenal: Gallas, Toure

A.Villa: Mellberg, Laursen

B.Ham: Taylor, Ridgewell

B.Burn: Samba, Nelsen

Bolton: O'Brien, Cahill

Chelsea: Carvalho, Terry

Derby: Stubbs, Todd

Everton: Yobo Lescott

Fulham: Bocanegra Hughes

Liverpool: Agger, Carragher

Man City: Dunne, Richards,

Man Utd: Ferdinand, Vidic

Boro: Wheater, Huth

Portsmouth: Campbell, Distin

Reading: Sonko, Bikey

Sunderland: Nosworthy, Evans

Tottenham: King, Woodgate

W.Ham: Ferdinand, Upson

Wigan: Scharner, Bramble

So how many of these centre back partnerships is Taylor good enough to get into?

About the same amount as Faye.

The thing about Faye is he is at least a big strong physical b******, so he could handle the tougher centre forwards. Taylor quite often gets out-muscled, is average in the air, and his anticipation is s**** as was witnessed during his 360 degree turn when Ronaldo ran right past him in a straight line.

He can do a job in the same way Aaron Hughes used to, that's about it.

Faye is not  a world beater, nor is Taylor but they are our best centre half's. I am sure Faye has made errors over the season & maybe the odd one against Man Utd (H) game. All of our defenders have been s*** in general over the course of the season, you dont concede that many if everyone was world class would you.

How can you know they are our best centre halfs? We kept a clean sheet against Reading without Taylor last week, who's to say Edgar won't be ahead of Taylor by the time this season finishes never mind next?

When fit they play & I also think are our best centre backs. I cant answer a question that can only be answered at the end of the season.

Hands up who can't wait to see NE5 squirm when we spend a load of money in the summer.

\o/

mackems.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :sleepy2: :thefinger:

It'll be on the wrong players ;)

Or that we are all salivating over these "trophy" players that Shepherd got lambasted for signing. ;)

that will be much nearer to the point

I bet they won't be trophy players anymore

bluelaugh.gif

I bet they will be

bluelaugh.gif

so you supported the purchase of these "trophy players" then ?

Rather than the johnny averages for a couple of million quid like all the other deluded idiots did  mackems.gif

So how many of these centre back partnerships is Taylor good enough to get into?

The thing about Faye is he is at least a big strong physical b******, so he could handle the tougher centre forwards. Taylor quite often gets out-muscled, is average in the air, and his anticipation is s**** as was witnessed during his 360 degree turn when Ronaldo ran right past him in a straight line.

Faye is not  a world beater, nor is Taylor but they are our best centre half's. I am sure Faye has made errors over the season & maybe the odd one against Man Utd (H) game. All of our defenders have been s*** in general over the course of the season, you dont concede that many if everyone was world class would you.

How can you know they are our best centre halfs? We kept a clean sheet against Reading without Taylor last week, who's to say Edgar won't be ahead of Taylor by the time this season finishes never mind next?

When fit they play & I also think are our best centre backs. I cant answer a question that can only be answered at the end of the season.

precisely

Great argument that. Could have been used for Smith and Duff starting every week in which case we'd probably have been relegated.

Great argument that. Could have been used for Smith and Duff starting every week in which case we'd probably have been relegated.

Apart from the fact Smith & Duff dont start. Also we have better players than them two in there positions. I dont think we have any better centre backs than Taylor & Faye.

Apart from the fact Smith & Duff dont start. Also we have better players than them two in there positions. I dont think we have any better centre backs than Taylor & Faye.

My view is just like Smith and Duff were rated way above their contribution, so is Taylor. I am pretty sure Cacapa would dovetail nicely with Faye, as would Rozenhal IMO.

My view is just like Smith and Duff were rated way above their contribution, so is Taylor. I am pretty sure Cacapa would dovetail nicely with Faye, as would Rozenhal IMO.

WUM?

I think they lack the strength tbh. Better players then Taylor atm but they seem a bit weak.

WUM?

To be fair, i happen to think that Cacapa and Roz may still have a role in the team, Roz especially, i think he was unlucky and suffered from a series of unfortunate circumstances and bad man management.

Cacapa for me is still a good defender as well, although too weak, Roz however isnt weak contrare to popular belief and lost alot of confidence which effected his performances.

WUM?

Don't blame me if you can't see the bigger picture.

Hands up who can't wait to see NE5 squirm when we spend a load of money in the summer.

\o/

You'll not have to wait that long if we end the season where we are now because it will be a better position in the league than the season before.

I just wonder how that one would be put down as a negative?

\o/

You'll not have to wait that long if we end the season where we are now because it will be a better position in the league than the season before.

What position did we finish in Fred's first season as sole chairman?

Guest Chubby Jason

Senderos stuggles against top strikers like Drogba and Torres, whereas Taylor is awful against almost anyone.

Senderos for me.

mackems.gif

How is that amusing exactly?

WUM?

definitely.

Poor one too.

WUM?

To be fair, i happen to think that Cacapa and Roz may still have a role in the team, Roz especially, i think he was unlucky and suffered from a series of unfortunate circumstances and bad man management.

Cacapa for me is still a good defender as well, although too weak, Roz however isnt weak contrare to popular belief and lost alot of confidence which effected his performances.

how can you say he's a good defender then say he's too weak [for a central defender]

\o/

I can't wait to see the club match those Champions League qualifications either, then we can say they have matched the old board.

Also, they have already done better [almost] than the board pre-1992, you know the board you think is "just the same" as the ones who saved the club, but they could hardly do any worse

I'm very pleased for you that you still consider a board that sold our 3 England players and ran a club that wouldn't sell for 2.5m quid did a good job.

mackems.gif

Senderos stuggles against top strikers like Drogba and Torres, whereas Taylor is awful against almost anyone.

Senderos for me.

mackems.gif

How is that amusing exactly?

Don't bite mate, he's really not worth it.

bitter ?

Why not prove I'm wrong then, or show you know more about the club than me ?

I see that Taylor is still well ahead here. And all those votes aren't mine.

It's not much of an accolade though is it, really. I didn't vote because I don't rate either and there's no point comparing them IMO.

I see that Taylor is still well ahead here. And all those votes aren't mine.

It's not much of an accolade though is it, really. I didn't vote because I don't rate either and there's no point comparing them IMO.

fair enough of course. Strange people seem to like disagreeing with me so much though

You don't help yourself when you drop back onto previous arguments about the board and other things just because people disagree with you on unrelated topics such as this.

don't understand when you say "see when NE5 squirms"........why would I do that ?

Point is, I've seen a shit club run by a shit board who make excuses for not punching our weight. Lets just say I've seen all the signs unlike most others and don't count my chickens until they are hatched. One or two other people who also say they have seen the signs clearly have not, or have their heads firmly in the sand by choosing to ignore plain basic facts.

My views are all factually based Dave. Which is why they stand up.

I have always said that there is a good/top player in Taylor. I don't understand why people knock him, I suspect its a personality thing [now there's a surprise] because they don't like the way he's conducting his contract negotiations. My stance on that is yes its not putting him or his dad in a good light and its the wrong time when the team is in trouble, but it has no relevance whatsover as to what he is worth.

Everybody at the club has had a difficult time this season. He probably needs to step up now if he is to improve, most players reach such a stage, call it a crossroads.