Senderos Vs Taylor

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nobody thinks he should be a Kaiser or Bobby Moore though Steve mate, not that I'm aware of.

someone else changing their username without telling us ?

Well done I'm impressed, Omar perhaps  mackems.gif

Nobody thinks he should be a Kaiser or Bobby Moore though Steve mate, not that I'm aware of.

It's Jonny2J man.

Of which I thought everybody was aware, seeing as everyone started calling me Tooj months before doing so.

It's Jonny2J man.

Of which I thought everybody was aware.

ah.......realised when I saw you had made 11000 posts. Omar is still reeling from the flak he got for his hilarious belief that I was "fraser" to make so many posts as that.

Why the use of the first name then johnny is Baggy Matthew your mate or something ?

It's Jonny2J man.

ah.......realised when I saw you had made 11000 posts. Omar is still reeling from his hilarious belief that I was "fraser" to make so many posts as that.

Why the use of the first name then johnny is Baggy Matthew your mate or something ?

He isn't mate.

I just thought I would reach out so to speak. Especially as you use mine, thought it would be polite. ;)

think its slightly odd the way people jump onto bandwagons, most of them are probably unconvinced of their own point of view so hide behind the majority.

A few years ago the vast majority of people said Ameobi was the new Shearer, needed games to improve, the new "flying centre forward". Some even said it justified the sale of Bellamy because we had plenty of other good forwards [words to that effect].

The truth is that he was always crap - for the standards we wanted - and never had a cat in hells chance of filling either Shearer's or Bellamy's boots.

Taylor is now attracting the same but with the opposite view.

The last post by sicsfingeredmong is closer to the truth. The fact is he was a prospect with a lot of potential, and appears to have stalled during a season which has been difficult for everybody, as well as the last one too, and the one before. Why single out Taylor ?

If his attitude and desire remain, he can still achieve his potential, the same player is still there at 21/22 years old. Playing alongside better players will be the making of him if this is the case.

But i dont see the raw attributes to see him flourish, thats my issue. A few years ago, he hd age and inexperience on his side, and even though he's still young he hast really developed anything prticulary good about his defending.

When i look at him as a defender, i dont see great anticipation, i dont see great strength, i dont see great positional sense he has a decent bit of pace but by no means is he lighniting.

These are all attibutes that are vital as a defender, i still have hope that he could come good, id like to see him play the Terry role, because idont think he;s iuntelligent to play the Ferdinand role.

He's made a lot of mistakes in his career, just like Roz have and Cacapa has and Bramble and Boum did, but none of themgot the preferential treatment that Taylors gets.

Like i say, i hope he'll come good, but i dont think he will, if we conceded less as a team, it will be more down our team playing more attacking then idown to our centre halves over performing. Just like it was when we last break the top 4.

For me, Taylor is no better tha A O'Brien.

It depends what you mean by "raw attributes". Do you mean a footballing defender ? I don't look for that specifically, I look for someone with strength and the determination to hold a defence together and will stand up when the chips are down. If he's a "footballer" - like Roy McFarland - then so much the better, but players of quality like that are very rare. He's not a Roy McFarland or even a Rio Ferdinand, he;s more of a Vidic type, a Carragher type, a Colin Hendry type. Thats what he is. He needs to play alongside better players now though, either with us or someone else if something goes wrong.

To say he is no better than Andy O'Brien is a joke mate, sorry, but it is.

A Vidic type? mackems.gif

And you never saw Roy McFarland play did you Matthew ? Or you would understand the point a bit more, as people like you clearly think Taylor should be a Franz Beckenbaur or a Bobby Moore mackems.gif

When you've seen your 200th NUFC game in about 15 years time when you are 42 you just might understand something

I don't think he should be Franz Beckenbaur or Bobby Moore at all, I'd settle for a competent defender that would walk into the starting 11 of a few teams in the top 10, something that Taylor isn't good enough to do, typical of Taylor's fanboys to go over the top in trying to defend his shite performances though.

What attributes do you think he has that make him good enough to be a future England captain btw?

He's certainly not the strong type like you suggest, he's soft as shite for a bloke of his size.

It's Jonny2J man.

ah.......realised when I saw you had made 11000 posts. Omar is still reeling from his hilarious belief that I was "fraser" to make so many posts as that.

He isn't mate.

I just thought I would reach out so to speak. Especially as you use mine, thought it would be polite. ;)

I use your username you bugger.

Tooj.

;D

think its slightly odd the way people jump onto bandwagons, most of them are probably unconvinced of their own point of view so hide behind the majority.

A few years ago the vast majority of people said Ameobi was the new Shearer, needed games to improve, the new "flying centre forward". Some even said it justified the sale of Bellamy because we had plenty of other good forwards [words to that effect].

The truth is that he was always crap - for the standards we wanted - and never had a cat in hells chance of filling either Shearer's or Bellamy's boots.

The last post by sicsfingeredmong is closer to the truth. The fact is he was a prospect with a lot of potential, and appears to have stalled during a season which has been difficult for everybody, as well as the last one too, and the one before. Why single out Taylor ?

If his attitude and desire remain, he can still achieve his potential, the same player is still there at 21/22 years old. Playing alongside better players will be the making of him if this is the case.

But i dont see the raw attributes to see him flourish, thats my issue. A few years ago, he hd age and inexperience on his side, and even though he's still young he hast really developed anything prticulary good about his defending.

When i look at him as a defender, i dont see great anticipation, i dont see great strength, i dont see great positional sense he has a decent bit of pace but by no means is he lighniting.

These are all attibutes that are vital as a defender, i still have hope that he could come good, id like to see him play the Terry role, because idont think he;s iuntelligent to play the Ferdinand role.

He's made a lot of mistakes in his career, just like Roz have and Cacapa has and Bramble and Boum did, but none of themgot the preferential treatment that Taylors gets.

Like i say, i hope he'll come good, but i dont think he will, if we conceded less as a team, it will be more down our team playing more attacking then idown to our centre halves over performing. Just like it was when we last break the top 4.

It depends what you mean by "raw attributes". Do you mean a footballing defender ? I don't look for that specifically, I look for someone with strength and the determination to hold a defence together and will stand up when the chips are down. If he's a "footballer" - like Roy McFarland - then so much the better, but players of quality like that are very rare. He's not a Roy McFarland or even a Rio Ferdinand, he;s more of a Vidic type, a Carragher type, a Colin Hendry type. Thats what he is. He needs to play alongside better players now though, either with us or someone else if something goes wrong.

And you never saw Roy McFarland play did you Matthew ? Or you would understand the point a bit more, as people like you clearly think Taylor should be a Franz Beckenbaur or a Bobby Moore mackems.gif

When you've seen your 200th NUFC game in about 15 years time when you are 42 you just might understand something

I don't think he should be Franz Beckenbaur or Bobby Moore at all, I'd settle for a competent defender that would walk into the starting 11 of a few teams in the top 10, something that Taylor isn't good enough to do, typical of Taylor's fanboys to go over the top in trying to defend his shite performances though.

What attributes do you think he has that make him good enough to be a future England captain btw?

He's certainly not the strong type like you suggest, he's soft as shite for a bloke of his size.

:-*

It's Jonny2J man.

He isn't mate.

Tooj.

;D

You always put the "h" in Jonny though. :(

I don't think he should be Franz Beckenbaur or Bobby Moore at all, I'd settle for a competent defender that would walk into the starting 11 of a few teams in the top 10, something that Taylor isn't good enough to do, typical of Taylor's fanboys to go over the top in trying to defend his s**** performances though.

He's certainly not the strong type like you suggest, he's soft as s**** for a bloke of his size.

i wouldn't say that he's soft.. i actually think that his physique is one of his few advantages over Cacapa, who is miles ahead in terms of tackling..

I don't think he should be Franz Beckenbaur or Bobby Moore at all, I'd settle for a competent defender that would walk into the starting 11 of a few teams in the top 10, something that Taylor isn't good enough to do, typical of Taylor's fanboys to go over the top in trying to defend his s**** performances though.

He's certainly not the strong type like you suggest, he's soft as s**** for a bloke of his size.

i wouldn't say that he's soft.. i actually think that his physique is one of his few advantages over Cacapa, who is miles ahead in terms of tackling..

quite right, and baggy was harping on about how good Cacapa was and kept it up even after he was mauled at home to Pompey

mackems.gif

quite right, and baggy was harping on about how good Cacapa was and kept it up even after he was mauled at home to Pompey

mackems.gif

Another trick of the Taylor fanboys, try and point out other players faults to try and make out Taylor's good.

You didn't list his attributes btw Steve-o, no surprise there though. mackems.gif

It's Jonny2J man.

He isn't mate.

Tooj.

;D

You always put the "h" in Jonny though. :(

I also put the "r" is Arsprilla and the "i" in Dire [as in Kieron] but in your case its a genuine mistake  ;D

Andy O'Brien was a pretty poor defender by premiership standards but I dont remember him looking out of his depth game after game like Taylor has for the best part of 4 years now

Future England captain man!

Andy O'Brien was a pretty poor defender by premiership standards but I dont remember him looking out of his depth game after game like Taylor has for the best part of 4 years now

Future England captain man!

well Matthew lad, a call made when he was 18 isn't so bad considering he made the under 21 captain.

Maybe you've missed something while you daydream of Laurent whipping off those undercrackers of his that you admire in your rather strange choice of avatar  mackems.gif

I really dont understand why people consider him to be physically capable. Does the fact that he sticks his chest out for the cameras fool you all? He's as weak as piss

Like I said before mate, where local lads are concerned, they are either overstated or understated. I think Taylor is understated, at least on here anyway. The way people are going on you'd think everybody had had a great season except Taylor.

I really dont understand why people consider him to be physically capable. Does the fact that he sticks his chest out for the cameras fool you all? He's as weak as piss

Like I said before mate, where local lads are concerned, they are either overstated or understated. I think Taylor is understated, at least on here anyway. The way people are going on you'd think everybody had had a great season except Taylor.

Why don't you list the attributes he has that make him a good defender then.

Cacapa can look nice on the ball but he is s****, Keegan was right in dropping him & I dont think we will see him play for us again. He was finished when we got him from Lyon, he was very rarely used in his last season.

Cacapa can look nice on the ball but he is shite, Keegan was right in dropping in & I dont think we will see him play for us again. He was finished when we got him from Lyon, he was very rarely used in his last season.

thats my take on him too

Arsenal: Gallas, Toure

A.Villa: Mellberg, Laursen

B.Ham: Taylor, Ridgewell

B.Burn: Samba, Nelsen

Bolton: O'Brien, Cahill

Chelsea: Carvalho, Terry

Derby: Stubbs, Todd

Everton: Yobo Lescott

Fulham: Bocanegra Hughes

Liverpool: Agger, Carragher

Man City: Dunne, Richards,

Man Utd: Ferdinand, Vidic

Boro: Wheater, Huth

Portsmouth: Campbell, Distin

Reading: Sonko, Bikey

Sunderland: Nosworthy, Evans

Tottenham: King, Woodgate

W.Ham: Ferdinand, Upson

Wigan: Scharner, Bramble

So how many of these centre back partnerships is Taylor good enough to get into?

Arsenal: Gallas, Toure

A.Villa: Mellberg, Laursen

B.Ham: Taylor, Ridgewell

B.Burn: Samba, Nelsen

Bolton: O'Brien, Cahill

Chelsea: Carvalho, Terry

Derby: Stubbs, Todd

Everton: Yobo Lescott

Fulham: Bocanegra Hughes

Liverpool: Agger, Carragher

Man City: Dunne, Richards,

Man Utd: Ferdinand, Vidic

Boro: Wheater, Huth

Portsmouth: Campbell, Distin

Reading: Sonko, Bikey

Sunderland: Nosworthy, Evans

Tottenham: King, Woodgate

W.Ham: Ferdinand, Upson

Wigan: Scharner, Bramble

So how many of these centre back partnerships is Taylor good enough to get into?

About the same amount as Faye.