Real Madrid apparently make £100 million bid for Ronaldo

Decky

Pele would be worth one trillion dollar bill.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5792/200pxthesimpsons5f14sp5.png

This is true - a much better player than Ronaldo will ever be ; I would snap their hands off for 100m pounds..his main strength is in his dribbling/stepovers etc. A good defender can neutralize him far more easily than they could Pele because Pele had more talent in his locker..the only way they stopped Pele was by illegal means(Portugal in the 66 WC), and there is no way those cynical fouls would be allowed bt today's referees.

Think how Enrique made Ronaldo switch wings against us at OT - and Enrique is still finding his feet in the Prem.

There are some on here advocating that we sell Owen, yet would keep Ronaldo - incredible !

Man U would far more easily replace Ronaldo(with 1 or 2 class players)than would NUFC replace Owen - that is the size of the gap now facing KK and Co if we want to ever compete in the Top 4 again.

Guest shearer_united

Having Ronaldo in the team will most probably lead Manchester United to winnings worth more than 100million.. so in the long run, i think Ronaldo will help man utd a lot in terms of incoming revenue..

no reason to sell at all.

Guest LucaAltieri

Having Ronaldo in the team will most probably lead Manchester United to winnings worth more than 100million.. so in the long run, i think Ronaldo will help man utd a lot in terms of incoming revenue..

no reason to sell at all.

And they couldn't possibly do it without him?

Out:

Ronaldo - £100m

In:

Torres - £40m

Quaresma - £15-20m

(or equivalent players)

£40m+ in the bank. More first team football for Nani. They'd still be up there for the title next season.

Don't get me wrong, Ronaldo has had a great couple of seasons now. However a large part of his development has been down to how Man United play, the system they use, and the freedom they give him. The same opportunities for another skilful player (Quaresma or Nani further down the line) may well result in another superstar being born. Man United and Ronaldo are both equally responsible for Ronaldo's success in my opinion. He'd be difficult to replace like for like but it's certainly not impossible.

As though Liverpool would sell Torres to Man Utd man. :lol: I know you add the caveat '(or equivalent players)' but who are they exactly and why would the likes of AC Milan, Barcelona or whoever sell their best players? And why would Man Utd sell their best player? It makes no sense whatsoever imo.

As though Liverpool would sell Torres to Man Utd man. :lol: I know you add the caveat '(or equivalent players)' but who are they exactly and why would the likes of AC Milan, Barcelona or whoever sell their best players? And why would Man Utd sell their best player? It makes no sense whatsoever imo.

Works that way on Football Manager. Just have to offer enough money.

I dont understand the logic in people saying they should swap the input of one player for the inout in 3, there are 2 things fundamentally wrong with that, will those 3 players have the same input and how can the team accomadate those 3 players to get the same input, who do they drop?

To me, aside from full backs and maybe keeper that Man U side looks close to perfect.

Sell him and buy Kaka, Ronaldinho and Benzema with the proceeds.

cristiano ronaldo is 10 times the player each one of those is

:lol:

you can laugh all you want 2J...it's my opinion, and his performances this season have proved it.

Benzema is still developing, so I'd leave him out of that bracket. But give me Ronaldo over the other 2 any day of the week. Pisses all over them, and will continue to do so throughout his career.

Kaka only looks good because of the midfield he plays in. I've said this time and time again. Pirlo, Seedorf and Gattusso are the reason Kaka is able to do what he does. Disgustingly overrated player imo.

Ronaldinho's just lost the plot

Of course they are. Every attacking midfielder needs players to do the dirty work to be at his most effective. Ronaldo wouldn't look so hot if he didn't have such great players around him, either.

Kaka is a sublime player. He's not as fast, strong or flashy as C. Ronaldo, nor does he score as many goals (who the hell does? Ronaldo's scored nearly double the number of league goals of any other player bar Torres and Adebayor), but he's a more intelligent player, and I think he's more effective against better sides.

Guest LucaAltieri

I dont understand the logic in people saying they should swap the input of one player for the inout in 3, there are 2 things fundamentally wrong with that, will those 3 players have the same input and how can the team accomadate those 3 players to get the same input, who do they drop?

To me, aside from full backs and maybe keeper that Man U side looks close to perfect.

Championships aren't won by one player or a starting eleven. You need a good squad. Aside from central midfield, Man United could use better quality squad players.

Championships aren't won by one player or a starting eleven. You need a good squad. Aside from central midfield, Man United could use better quality squad players.

But Man U are winning the championship, and they already have money to spend to imporve the squad, just like they did when they signed Nani and Anderson, they dont need the cash and they wont be able to find a replacement who will offer the exact same as Ronaldo. If Ronaldo is worth 20-30 goals a season and 10-15 assist, and his place is up for grabs supposing he leaves who could fill that position for the 90 minutes and give the same input?

Ronaldo is a star who will crash and burn when his arrogance gets the better of him. You see flashes of it now shooting from impossible angles, gobbing off to ref's, etc. I'm actually convinced he may even think he is bigger than Manchester United.

Obviously I'm speculating here in the above paragraph based on observations of him. However when you watch his play in general he's like a top goal scorer. He floats in and out of games, needlessly showboats, constantly dives when marked out of the game you know you've seen it. However he has the nack of arriving right on cue when a gaol is required, the amazing thing is he isn't a striker but a wide man, or is he?

Is it just me or does Ronaldo rightfully or wrongfully spend more time in and around the opposition box than Rooney? What I'm trying to say is as a player he is an impressive goal scorer, but he doesn't control football matches (if that makes any sense). For me for £100m both Real and the Mancs would be better off investing an such funds in a top class forward and focus spending the rest on other position, before Ronaldo's arrogance gets the better of him and the goals dry up.

Ronaldo is a star who will crash and burn when his arrogance gets the better of him. You see flashes of it now shooting from impossible angles, gobbing off to ref's, etc. I'm actually convinced he may even think he is bigger than Manchester United.

Obviously I'm speculating here in the above paragraph based on observations of him. However when you watch his play in general he's like a top goal scorer. He floats in and out of games, needlessly showboats, constantly dives when marked out of the game you know you've seen it. However he has the nack of arriving right on cue when a gaol is required, the amazing thing is he isn't a striker but a wide man, or is he?

Is it just me or does Ronaldo rightfully or wrongfully spend more time in and around the opposition box than Rooney? What I'm trying to say is as a player he is an impressive goal scorer, but he doesn't control football matches (if that makes any sense). For me for £100m both Real and the Mancs would be better off investing an such funds in a top class forward and focus spending the rest on other position, before Ronaldo's arrogance gets the better of him and the goals dry up.

That's why I feel Kaka is a better player than Cristiano, simply due to the fact he can control and dominate a game. Something which Cristiano doesn't have in his locker, despite being one of the best players in the world.

The truly great players can dominate games for a full 90 minutes, can dictate the tempo of the play, and make everything tick around them. Something he doesn't have. Then again Ronaldinho was pretty similar at the same age, when he went to Barca, I never expected him to reach the levels he reached, so who knows.

That's why I feel Kaka is a better player than Cristiano, simply due to the fact he can control and dominate a game. Something which Cristiano doesn't have in his locker, despite being one of the best players in the world.

Ronaldo doesn't need to control games. Man U could be at 30% posession and playing horribly: he's still liable to pop out of nowhere and score a hat trick.

Yes, he's an individualist that doesn't bring out the best in his teammate like Zidane was, and to a lesser extent, Kaka is capable of.

But he's the best f****** individualist alive. And in that sense he's absolutely irreplacable.

I prefer Kaka, however Kaka has got years on Ronaldo, and tbh under Fergie, i cant see Ronaldo's arrogance getting the better of him. Fergusion is one of the best managers in the world when it comes to controlling young stars and their egos.

I prefer Kaka, however Kaka has got years on Ronaldo, and tbh under Fergie, i cant see Ronaldo's arrogance getting the better of him. Fergusion is one of the best managers in the world when it comes to controlling young stars and their egos.

As does Cristiano over Messi.  :razz:

Kaka's always been a mature player though, even when he was first breaking through, he's always stood out due to his intelligence and maturity on the pitch.

The truly great players can dominate games for a full 90 minutes, can dictate the tempo of the play, and make everything tick around them. Something he doesn't have. Then again Ronaldinho was pretty similar at the same age, when he went to Barca, I never expected him to reach the levels he reached, so who knows.

i don't agree with that. it's gattuso and pirlo who dictate the tempo of games. kaka does very little of that. he plays in the final third of the pitch and does little in the other two thirds. he leaves the hard work of winning & retaining the ball, then using it intelligently to the real midfielders. which is a lot like steven gerrard who only plays well when he had the likes of mascherano and alonso complementing him. put him out of his element in the england team and he looks anonymous, just like kaka without his babysitters. kaka can have a huge influence breaking forward into space and using his strength, pace and technique to carry it forward, arguably better than anyone on the planet (Messi has more skill but not so much of the other elements). then in and around the box he is pretty lethal, but has nowhere near as much end product as someone like Ronaldo. In big games Kaka has the edge as he had been there and performed whereas Ronaldo has not quite done that yet. But i wouldn't say performances in one or two games defines a player, if it did than Gerrard would be the best on the planet as he is quite simply phenomenal for liverpool in europe.

as for selling ronaldo, it would mean man utd have to restructure their attacking play. there is no wide attacking player anywhere near Ronaldo at the minute  so he simply can't be replaced. The only player who is close is Messi, who, while more talented, is never going to score 40 goals a season and is sadly a bit too feeble to build a side around. Ronaldinho could've a few years ago but he has lost his love of the game. Players like Benzema, Torres or Kaka, who are or could be as good as Ronaldo, don't have the natural ability to move and exploit the width of the pitch and they'd probably just congest the centre of the field where Rooney and Tevez already play. and even if man utd did go out and buy those players, how much do you think rival clubs, who know man utd have £100m to spend, will demand for their players? probably a similar fee which means man utd would only be £30m or so up once they'd bought a suitable replacement.

Guest Sporting

Neither Ronaldo, Messi or the 'great' Kaka are match controllers, they're match winners.

Expecting a wide player to 'dictate the tempo of the play, and make everything tick around them.' seems quite excessive

Neither Ronaldo, Messi or the 'great' Kaka are match controllers, they're match winners.

Expecting a wide player to 'dictate the tempo of the play, and make everything tick around them.' seems quite excessive

Kaka doesn't play wide, and he is very much the fulcrum of their attacking play. No, he doesn't control games, though. That's Pirlo's job.

You don't sell your best player to buy packing for your squad, though. Besides, they already spend more than enough each summer to buy all the squad players they could possibly need.

Guest Sporting

Kaka doesn't play wide, and he is very much the fulcrum of their attacking play. No, he doesn't control games, though. That's Pirlo's job.

The second sentence was in reference to;

i.e it's excessive to expect such things from a wide player, Ronaldo.

:thup:

Guest assyriantoon

Man Utd would be stupid to say no imo. I think they could realistically win the premiership anyway without ronaldo (although it might take nani some time before he starts producing) and definantly maintain their current dominance with say £50 million pounds worth of signings.

Real Madrid are stupid to offer this much tbh. Didn't they offer a similar amount for ibrahimovic a couple of years back? they are a joke.

Man Utd have the best marketing image in world football, revenue maker, the best creative player and probably the player with the best immediate future in the world. Why on earth would they want to sell that???? Even for 100 million... he'd probably ake that for them in 3 - 4 years, which brand wants it's label on Ronaldo's shirt? All of 'em!!

The second sentence was in reference to;

i.e it's excessive to expect such things from a wide player, Ronaldo.

Sorry, lad. Quite right. You can't run a game from out wide. Win it, yes, control it, no.