PFA Player of the Year

Mowen

Guest Knightrider

I'll tell you who else I think has performed very well this season, Mascherano. He's been outstanding in the many games I've seen of Liverpool, often overshadowing the likes of Gerrard and Torres in terms of general play, he's really come to the fore as the top defensive midfielder in our league and perhaps Europe since joining the Reds in my opinion. If I were a LFC fan, he'd be my player of the year for them based on what I've seen, he's been outstanding and considering his position, he's a really underrated passer of the ball I feel and his footballing brain is quite sharp too.

Good shout, but that would mean taking Gerrard off the list, which is against the law.

I think the powers that be have some kind of hidden policy that stipulates at least one English player has to be included and one none starring role type player, like a defender or a 'keeper, hence why James is in it (I'd have plumped for Howard if we are adding 'keepers myself, although James has been very good don't get me wrong). Gerrard is on there purely based on his name and reputation. He's been average all season with the exception of a few performances. I could name several English players who have performed much better.

Was David James better than Harper today? Or was he actually miles worse?

His kicking and decision-making was pathetic. Harper was fine.

I honestly think he should get called up. See no reason why not.

Was David James better than Harper today? Or was he actually miles worse?

His kicking and decision-making was pathetic. Harper was fine.

I honestly think he should get called up. See no reason why not.

I would think there are too many ahead of him in the line, but I agree he's done well enough to get a call-up.

James made some good saves but some horrendous ricks. Got lucky with the bounce a couple of times or Oba would have had chance to shoot. Harper was spot on again I thought.

I would think there are too many ahead of him in the line, but I agree he's done well enough to get a call-up.

There probably are but not fairly imo. Carson, Robinson and Kirkland are total clowns.

James made some good saves but some horrendous ricks. Got lucky with the bounce a couple of times or Oba would have had chance to shoot. Harper was spot on again I thought.

There probably are but not fairly imo. Carson, Robinson and Kirkland are total clowns.

Carson's demise since the Croatia game has been sickening to watch, it really has.

Looked great before then, like our keeper for years to come, but I've never seen a player go so downhill so quickly. Every time he comes off his line my heart is in my mouth. He looks clueless at times.